Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 11:30 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
So you cant actually point to anything tangible that he has done that "proves" he is the perfect person for this. Got it.
All I see is a few opinions swayed by emotions.
So citing specific policies and early indications of their positive impact is "opinion swayed by emotions"?

Hmm. nteresting. People will go to great psychological lengths to never have to admit they are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Have you ever lived in any of these countries? I have. Not sure how the quality of life is better. There's a lot of pissing and moaning in this country, but you don't see any other countries having to fight off illegal immigrants because they want a better way of life.

France seems to be doing well. They're well on their way to becoming a Muslim country. Beautiful countryside, but the cities are absolutely filthy. Canada's got a pretty strong free health care system. After that 15 hour wait, you're in and out in a few more hours, so that's not bad. Then, when you've got some disease they can't cure or have a procedure that they don't have the equipment for, you can just ship them across the border and we'll clean up the mess. Sweden and Finland have given us some pretty popular death metal bands, and not much else.

I'm not saying we should concentrate wealth anywhere. Let people determine how much money they want to make. Not the government.
Okay. You're a hard core conservative. We get it. Same talking points.

At least your claims about U.S. having an overall higher quality of life than Europe were soundly disproven.

I think the U.S. system overall and in the long run is better, but there's no denying that the mature economies of Europe are far beyond our cut-throat profiteering culture.

I guess it depends how you value life. If you think the purpose is to accumulate as much wealth and power as possible, then stick with the U.S. system. If you seek overall happiness and support structures to keep you from worrying, then other systems might be better. Depends on who you are.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
For the first time in a long time....I'm so proud of our president. The president of the U.S. of A.

What he has accomplished in just a few short months working his tail off.

I just have to shout to the world how I feel.

His trip abroad has been soooo successful. The fences are being mended which is most necessary.
No man is an island and the planet is getting smaller and smaller.

God Bless Obama and his family and keep the safe!!!!

Good for you. I'm embarrassed by him and his trip abroad.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Why should we focus on Afganistan? Aren't we pushing them to become a democracy as well? Do they really want what we want?
I do think you're right about going down in history but only time will tell how that will come out and depending who writes the history books.
Of course not!! Al Quaida is responsible for 9/11 also had connections to the taliban.
Neither had anything to do with Iraq. In fact, Sadamm hussein and Laden didn't really like each other much.
Iraq was the patsy for GW to try and soak his pallet with oil. Only thing.........it backfired.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Good for you. I'm embarrassed by him and his trip abroad.
Care to elaborate? Was he supposed to skip the G-20 summit? What is your "embarrassment"?

Old 04-07-2009, 11:46 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,199 times
Was wondering that too. Seems she's among the lonelies.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:54 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Was wondering that too. Seems she's among the lonelies.

Aylalou.......Obama can stand on his head, make money appear for everyone getting this country back to being the prosperous nation it always was along with being the most popular man in the world and people will still find fault. Thats sour grapes and bi partisan mumbo jumbo. Their man and their party lost big time. now they are licking their wounds. Shame so sad and not very patriotic.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:55 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
NHS system in UK is a widely approved system by UK citiznes; should read Citizens with a partnershp; should read partnership between government and private entities.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:55 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,199 times
Yep. As I said "the lonely ones". How pathetic.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:56 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Unfortunately, I see the possibility of impeachment in Obama's future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies