Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 11:57 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Care to elaborate? Was he supposed to skip the G-20 summit? What is your "embarrassment"?

I'm curious about that, too. Embarrassed because Bush was such a colossal
failure in comparison? I'm noticing that, in a forum for discussions, so many
RWs throw in one sentence, usually derisive, then head for the hills. The left seems much more prone to longer, thoughtful posts with actual links to sites with necessary and valid information. The RW settles for stormfront, Orly Taitz, and other incendiary sources that add nothing to the dialogue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 11:57 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Aylalou.......Obama can stand on his head, make money appear for everyone getting this country back to being the prosperous nation it always was along with being the most popular man in the world and people will still find fault. Thats sour grapes and bi partisan mumbo jumbo. Their man and their party lost big time. now they are licking their wounds. Shame so sad and not very patriotic.

He could also appoint numerous tax cheats, expand wiretapping, toy with the idea of making vets pay for their own care, give control of our financial sector to foreign govts, etc, etc, etc and people will gladly slob him. You'll be fine as long as you do what you're told, though.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
He could also appoint numerous tax cheats, expand wiretapping, toy with the idea of making vets pay for their own care, give control of our financial sector to foreign govts, etc, etc, etc and people will gladly slob him. You'll be fine as long as you do what you're told, though.
The tax cheats, I agree, were bad appointments. I haven't studied the wiretap issue. But the "idea of making vets pay for their own care," is a bold faced lie! Someone in the VA floated a proposal to charge veterans' own health insurance for some of their care.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The tax cheats, I agree, were bad appointments. I haven't studied the wiretap issue. But the "idea of making vets pay for their own care," is a bold faced lie! Someone in the VA floated a proposal to charge veterans' own health insurance for some of their care.
You get the point though. There are people on the right that will find fault no matter what. There are just as many people on the left that dont care what he does they will still fawn over him.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:10 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,008,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

That's it..when you can't actually contribute to the argument at hand.. pick apart the typos

It's been peacefull with you gone for a few days.. I've quite enjoyed CD .. but alas.. you're back

And your posts are just as useless as ever

Old 04-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
You get the point though. There are people on the right that will find fault no matter what. There are just as many people on the left that dont care what he does they will still fawn over him.

I would have been upset if that plan had actually come even close to being done.. it didn't.. not even close.

I do not have a problem with thinking though ideas and policies.. even if they sound bad at first.. as long as the right conclusions at the end are drawn.

He would have gotten a check in the negative column for that one.. and at the end I would weigh the negatives and the positives to draw an overall conclusion.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:21 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,398,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
I'm curious about that, too. Embarrassed because Bush was such a colossal
failure in comparison? I'm noticing that, in a forum for discussions, so many
RWs throw in one sentence, usually derisive, then head for the hills. The left seems much more prone to longer, thoughtful posts with actual links to sites with necessary and valid information. The RW settles for stormfront, Orly Taitz, and other incendiary sources that add nothing to the dialogue.

Wow, I go to eat a sandwich and all of a sudden I'm heading for the hills? ppfffffft.......yeah uh, okay.

It's hard for most people to really want to do anything BUT come in here and stir the pot. I mean, you libs make it entirely too easy.

I'm embarrassed by him because of the lovefest reaction he invokes in liberals both here and abroad. It's disgusting and seems so blind. You all question NOTHING when it comes to your beloved leader. Besides the protocol blunders, the biggest issue I have with his carefully scripted "European Tour '09" is this undermining nonsense: "We're soooo sorry you guys, we are so ashamed of ourselves! We didn't know the love was sooo lost and it's so very important that you Europeans like us--because you've done SOOOO much to help us, and we're seriously indebted to countries like Germany." --this as he turns around to half of his country and flips the bird at us...and I can assure you, that bird is not a Bald Eagle.

Give me an effin' break.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,244 times
Most of us have jobs. We conservatives like to earn our money.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Wow, I go to eat a sandwich and all of a sudden I'm heading for the hills? ppfffffft.......yeah uh, okay.

It's hard for most people to really want to do anything BUT come in here and stir the pot. I mean, you libs make it entirely too easy.

I'm embarrassed by him because of the lovefest reaction he invokes in liberals both here and abroad. It's disgusting and seems so blind. You all question NOTHING when it comes to your beloved leader. Besides the protocol blunders, the biggest issue I have with his carefully scripted "European Tour '09" is this undermining nonsense: "We're soooo sorry you guys, we are so ashamed of ourselves! We didn't know the love was sooo lost and it's so very important that you Europeans like us--because you've done SOOOO much to help us, and we're seriously indebted to countries like Germany." --this as he turns around to half of his country and flips the bird at us...and I can assure you, that bird is not a Bald Eagle.

Give me an effin' break.
You're embarrassed because the Europeans like him? hmm, I don't get it! You think his was the first carefully scripted trip a US president ever made? It was oh, so much easier for the presidents to get away with little faux pas when there was not so much instant communication. And for the last (not, of course on CD) time, BUCKINGHAM PALACE SAID NO PROTOCOL WAS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Most of us have jobs. We conservatives like to earn our money.

which explains why your on CD in the middle of the day..working so hard

I'm currently unemployed and having a hard time finding a job in this economy.. what's your excuse for being here and posting so much in the middle of the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies