Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay Marriage will be legalized in all States in how many years?
Within 5 18 11.84%
Within 10 21 13.82%
Within 20 34 22.37%
Within 50 12 7.89%
It will take more than 50 years 8 5.26%
It will never be legalized in all states 54 35.53%
It will be made ill-legal in all states 1 0.66%
Other 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Do you have a reason to say I'm wrong, or is it just that you don't want to admit you're not right?
Apparently you didn't read the post. Here you go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

The issue is that gay people want to have a new definition of marriage that applies only to them.
I then responded by saying that you're wrong. Did you not understand what I was referring to when I said that? I was referring to your statement, right up there above, see?, where you claim that gays want to have a new definition of marriage that applies only to them. I said, you're wrong. Plain, simple, to the point. Wrong.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:50 AM

355 posts, read 447,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Change the words "a man and woman" to "two people," so some of wise a$$e$ here understand we are not including plural marriage or marriage to animals. How hard is this to understand? Sadly I think it will take twenty years for gay marriage to be legalized in all the states.

Christians seem to be the largest group against gay marriage. As religion continues to fall out of favor, we will make progress. Hey we haven't seen any witches burned on a stake lately. Things are looking up.
Same-sex marriage will not be legal if the citizens are allowed to have the say on the issue as they should. Observe all of the states where voters passed bans on homosexual marriage. Even fruity-nutty California passed an amendment banning homosexuals from marrying members of the same sex. Homosexuals are still free to seek their desires as they always have, in their closets!

Christians make up the majority of citizens in this country, and America was founded on Christian values. Allow religion to fall out of favor and we will allow civil society to crumble into total discourse and anarchy At that point it will be Armageddon.

You are another one that likes the word progressive. When morality is replaced by doing whatever feels good that is not progressive. The sacred institution of marriage has been allowed to erode. Divorce has been allowed as an easy way out, and homosexual activists are ruining the entire concept of one man and one woman with their degenerate abnormal demands.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:50 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This is a little out there, but I agree to an extent.

Marriage = a man + a woman.

No one has ever suggested that a gay man shouldn't be allowed to marry a woman or vice versa. Like it or not, sexual orientation cannot trump biology.
Exactly why does mariage = a man + a woman? Who says? Really, who says? Who made that rule?

Marriage is a legal document and commitment between two people, nothing more, nothing less. You cannot use religion to fight it, because people get married before judges and justices of the peace, neither have religious ties. People get married because it makes their relationship legal. PERIOD.

Just exactly WHO made the rule that it HAS to be between a man and woman? WHERE does that come from?

It's tradition, and ONLY tradition. There is nothing sacred about it. So since two gay people getting married doesn't have any affect on YOUR life what-so-ever, why do YOU (I mean you in a broader sense than you personally.) have a problem with it? It should be a non-issue to you.

And for the record, I think that poll is absurd.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
When you get right down to it, what difference does it make who marries who, as long as you're married to the person of your choice?
They don't realize it, but conservative Christians prefer a Communist form of governance.

They want government to dictate whom you can marry and redistribute relationships equally between men and women.

Sounds a lot like China to me. I'd prefer to uphold the freedoms establshed by our founding fathers.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:00 PM

355 posts, read 447,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Exactly why does mariage = a man + a woman? Who says? Really, who says? Who made that rule?

Marriage is a legal document and commitment between two people, nothing more, nothing less. You cannot use religion to fight it, because people get married before judges and justices of the peace, neither have religious ties. People get married because it makes their relationship legal. PERIOD.

Just exactly WHO made the rule that it HAS to be between a man and woman? WHERE does that come from?

It's tradition, and ONLY tradition. There is nothing sacred about it. So since two gay people getting married doesn't have any affect on YOUR life what-so-ever, why do YOU (I mean you in a broader sense than you personally.) have a problem with it? It should be a non-issue to you.

And for the record, I think that poll is absurd.
Can a homosexual couple produce children on their own without the aid of special procedures?

Can a homosexual couple raise a family out of their own creation that will help carry on the human race?

NO!

Who made the rule that marriage has to be between one man and one woman? I'll tell you who. The large majority of registered voters in every state that has placed the issue on the ballots.

I will tell you who else made the rule of marriage being between a man and a woman. GOD! Do you even believe in God? Have you read the scriptures? Have you set foot inside a church and participated in congregational activities besides grabbing free food and playing bingo?

Yes it is tradition, a tradition that has been in existence for centuries. Why do you liberal progressive types want to break tradition in favor of pansy feel-good policies?

And for the record I think you are the one that is absurd!

Old 04-08-2009, 12:03 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
And another yawn-inducing post stating that homosexuals can't bear children, therefore they should not be allowed to marry. How very very useless & boring to bring that up. Does this world really need more children? No.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:04 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
thomas jefferson, the father of this country, was a deist. so much for your theory on this nation being founded on christian values. jefferson had a live and let live attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Same-sex marriage will not be legal if the citizens are allowed to have the say on the issue as they should. Observe all of the states where voters passed bans on homosexual marriage. Even fruity-nutty California passed an amendment banning homosexuals from marrying members of the same sex. Homosexuals are still free to seek their desires as they always have, in their closets!

Christians make up the majority of citizens in this country, and America was founded on Christian values. Allow religion to fall out of favor and we will allow civil society to crumble into total discourse and anarchy At that point it will be Armageddon.

You are another one that likes the word progressive. When morality is replaced by doing whatever feels good that is not progressive. The sacred institution of marriage has been allowed to erode. Divorce has been allowed as an easy way out, and homosexual activists are ruining the entire concept of one man and one woman with their degenerate abnormal demands.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Can a homosexual couple produce children on their own without the aid of special procedures?

Can a homosexual couple raise a family out of their own creation that will help carry on the human race?

NO!

Who made the rule that marriage has to be between one man and one woman? I'll tell you who. The large majority of registered voters in every state that has placed the issue on the ballots.

I will tell you who else made the rule of marriage being between a man and a woman. GOD! Do you even believe in God? Have you read the scriptures? Have you set foot inside a church and participated in congregational activities besides grabbing free food and playing bingo?

Yes it is tradition, a tradition that has been in existence for centuries. Why do you liberal progressive types want to break tradition in favor of pansy feel-good policies?

I know quite a few heterosexual couples (myself and my SO included) that cannot have children without the aid of special procedures. Should we not be allowed to get married?
We're also Atheists. Should we also not be allowed to get married? We firmly believe there IS no invisible friend in the sky, so why should we have to live our lives pretending to believe in your doctrines? You live your life, I'll live mine. Heterosexuals getting married doesn't bother me, Christians getting married doesn't bother me, Jews getting married doesn't bother me and *gasp* homosexuals getting married doesn't bother me one iota.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Well-written and to the point.

The basic family unit is what keeps society civil, and allows it to evolve and progress. By progressing I don't mean the leftist dogma that liberals and Democrats like to call progressive. Without the family society would completely crumble.

On the other hand nobody should be reproducing without the proper financial means and leaning on the taxpayers for support either.

The states of Iowa and Vermont need to get the issue to the election ballots for the people to have the mandate on this issue. No arrogant judge or left-wing legislature should be able to rule from their high horses on things like this. It is total absurdity!

Oh and I support white-only establishments just as I support minorities to form their own separate establishments. I do not believe the feds or a state legislating board should be forcing separation of the races or separation of homosexuals from heterosexuals; but if people wish to live separately with their own kinds where they are more comfortable so be it.

Marriage is not a right on a federal Constitutional level so that is why we leave it to the states. That is why we have ballots so citizens can make the decisions.

Homosexuality is a sin and I will do whatever I can by way of the electorate process to make sure the abomination of same-sex marriage is kept illegal. Homosexuals can practice their sickening acts of pleasure in their closets. Open sexuality is one of the things that has caused this society to sink to horridly low moral levels.
Isn't this a great country? I get to live here as a gay man without being put to death and you get to practice your sickening bigotry and racism!

Old 04-08-2009, 12:37 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,166 times
Quote:

NO!

You're hilarious!! Why are you getting so hysterical??

What does God have to do with marriage? People can be married in a courthouse by a judge, or by a justice of the peace.

By the way, the scriptures mean nothing to me as they were written by a bunch of old men telling stories. Setting foot in a church has nothing to do with anything in this thread, so why even bring that up?

I'm not a liberal progressive, so you can leave that at the door as well.

You rant like a 10 year old having a fit of some kind. Why does it matter to you? Are you in the closet and resentful that others are not? I'll bet you are.

And what does having children by a couple's own procreation have to do with marrying? People who aren't married spit out babies all the time. In addition, there are lots and lots of heterosexual married couples who don't have children, so children are not mandatory to being married any way you look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies