Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:07 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,580 times

Advertisements

It doesnt matter what he says. He is just your typical rapper/rap fan. They are pretty much irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 02:16 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
It doesnt matter what he says. He is just your typical rapper/rap fan. They are pretty much irrelevant.
Maybe not with Eminen when goes to the bank..

Old 04-13-2009, 07:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yeah, negative talk.
In the entertainment world any talk is good talk - even bad publicity is better than no publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Which is why there have been 112 comments on this thread thus far lol admit it he made this song to get people talking about it and like it or not that's exactly what people are doing.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:47 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,508,814 times
#1 who the f cares? people get upset over the littlest things and forget people have the freedom of speech

#2 if you want to be pissed be pissed at his record company because they force him to make these type of songs. He doesn't want to but that's what happens when you sign into the big leagues.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:29 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,069 times
I sing about having sex with Palin everyday! What's the big deal?
She's dumb as a rock and a bible thumping, subtle racist con.......
but as long as she says nothing and makes me scream, I'm all in!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:32 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yeah, negative talk.
He has everyone talking about it. Doesn't matter if it is positive or negative. People are still checking it out regardless.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:49 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,732 times
Come on people, it's just Eminem. He is a shock king with an incredible talent for wordplay. How many of you have ever really listened to Eminem do his thing. Not talking about listening to the words, but listening to the style. Also, as earlier posters have already said, he may be one crazy white boy but he does sing about his life and his take on the things he sees in the media. Then again, sometimes he just says crazy stuff that really makes no sense. The boy's wild, what can I say. Here is an example of some real Eminem.

"Cleanin Out My Closet"

Have you ever been hated or discriminated against, I have, i've been protested and demonstrated
against, picket signs for my wicked rhymes, look at the times, sick is the mind of the
mod cut-profanity kid that's behind, all this commotion, emotions run deep as ocean's explodin',
tempers flaring from parents, just blow 'em off and keep goin', not takin' nothin' from no one,
give 'em hell long as i'm breathin', keep kickin' mod cut in the mornin', an' takin' names in the
evening, leave 'em with a taste as sour as vinegar in they mouth, see they can trigger me but
they'll never figure me out, look at me now, I bet ya' probably sick of me now, ain't you mama,
i'ma make you look so ridiculous now...

[CHORUS]

I'm sorry mama, I never meant to hurt you, I never meant to make you cry, but tonight i'm
cleanin' out my closet, {one more time}, I said i'm sorry mama, I never meant to hurt you, I
never meant to make you cry, but tonight i'm cleanin' out my closet...

I got some skeletons in my closet and I don't know if no one knows it, so before they thrown me
inside my coffin and close it, i'ma expose it, i'll take you back to '73, before I ever had a
multi-platinum sellin' Cd, I was a baby, maybe I was just a couple of months, my mod cut father
must have had his pantie's up in a bunch, cause he split, I wonder if he even kissed me goodbye,
no I don't on second thought, I just mod cut wished he would die, I look at Hailie and I
couldn't picture leavin' her side, even if I hated Kim, I grit my teeth and I'd try, to make it
work with her at least for Hailie's sake, I maybe made some mistakes but i'm only human, but i'm
man enough to face them today, what I did was stupid, no doubt it was dumb, but the smartest
thing I did was take them bullets out of that gun, cause id'a killed 'em, I would have shot
Kim and him both, it's my life, i'd like to welcome y'all to the Eminem show...

[CHORUS]

Now I would never diss my own mama just to get recognition, take a second to listen who you
think this record is dissin', but put yourself in my position, just try to envision witnessin'
your Mama poppin' prescription pills in the kitchen, yellin' that someone's always goin'
through her purse and missin', going through public housing systems, victim of
Munchausen's syndrome, my whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't 'til I grew
up, now I blew up, it makes you sick to ya' stomach, doesn't it, wasn't it the reason you made
that Cd for me, ma, so you could try to justify the way you treated me, ma, but guess what, your
gettin' older now and it's cold when your lonely, and Nathan's growing up so quick, he's gonna
know that your phoney, and Hailie's getting so big now, you should see her, she's beautiful, but
you'll never see her, she won't even be at your funeral, see what hurts me the most is you won't
admit you was wrong, *****, do your song, keep tellin' yourself that you was a mom, but how dare
you try to take what you didn't help me to get, you selfish *****, I hope you ****in' burn in
hell for this ****, remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me, well guess
what, I am dead, dead to you as can be...

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 04-14-2009 at 02:16 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 04:21 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,333 times
His entire discography is basically breaking the fourth wall about society and himself. He's fully aware of what people think of him.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,297 times
Default Meghan McCain

How about that; Meghan McCain is an Eminem fan. Who would have thunk it!

Meghan McCain Gives Rave Review to Eminem's Video Depicting Sex with Faux Sarah Palin - Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot on National Review Online=

Quote:
The latest Tweet from McCain: "I used to have the hugest crush on Eminem when I was in high school and he still looks hot in his new music video!!"

Old 04-22-2009, 01:55 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times
Palin and Eminem are two of a kind. No surprises here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies