Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 02:23 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,197,110 times

Advertisements

The Rightwing wouldn't know diplomacy if it bit them in the A$$. After 8 long years with Bush's My Way or the Highway mindset no wonder why we were disliked. Just like Bush's band of merry men he called the Coalition of the Willing he compiled when he thought it would be grand idea in invading Iraq, what a stupid term I always thought it was.

What a stark difference in Obama's approach to Islam and the rest of the world. Obama is a brilliant orator this is without a doubt.

Think Progress » Right Wing Hysterical Over Obama’s ‘Not At War With Islam’ Remarks: ‘We Have Nothing To Apologize For’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,548,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
The Rightwing wouldn't know diplomacy if it bit them in the A$$. After 8 long years with Bush's My Way or the Highway mindset no wonder why we were disliked. Just like Bush's band of merry men he called the Coalition of the Willing he compiled when he thought it would be grand idea in invading Iraq, what a stupid term I always thought it was.

What a stark difference in Obama's approach to Islam and the rest of the world. Obama is a brilliant orator this is without a doubt.

Think Progress » Right Wing Hysterical Over Obama’s ‘Not At War With Islam’ Remarks: ‘We Have Nothing To Apologize For’
Yeah the right would have probably gone with something like what Bush said:

"This is not a War against Islam."- President George Bush

Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,641,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

I see the blinders are on again.

He's a great orator, without a doubt. You're right in that. Let's see if the words of this politician change the minds of the rest of the world's politicians (who also are experienced in the use of words, their nuances, and how words only mean what they want them to mean, only for as long as they want them to mean that). I doubt it will change anything anywhere. NK's timing of the missile launch is an in-your-face example of how much Obama's oratory impacted them.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,532,735 times
Yes, selling out to the enemy, we really need more of that. Wow!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM

88,666 posts, read 44,404,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I see the blinders are on again.

He's a great orator, without a doubt. You're right in that. Let's see if the words of this politician change the minds of the rest of the world's politicians (who also are experienced in the use of words, their nuances, and how words only mean what they want them to mean, only for as long as they want them to mean that). I doubt it will change anything anywhere. NK's timing of the missile launch is an in-your-face example of how much Obama's oratory impacted them.
Obama's oratory hasn't impressed the UN Security Council, either.

"...the greatest prize for Mr. Kim was the reaction from President Obama. "Rules must be binding," the president told his audience in Prague on Sunday. "Violations must be punished. Words must mean something." But how are words supposed to mean anything if all the administration proposes to do is offer up yet another resolution -- which is to say, more words?
To nobody's surprise (except, perhaps, Mr. Obama's) the Security Council has so far failed to agree on a resolution."
Barack Obama Can't Rely on the United Nations Security Council to Curb North Korea - WSJ.com

Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,939,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Yeah the right would have probably gone with something like what Bush said:

"This is not a War against Islam."- President George Bush
Exactly, so why all the hypocrisy?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,548,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Exactly, so why all the hypocrisy?
What they were saying was that we've done a lot to benefit Muslims. I don't see how that contradicts a statement that says, "This is not a war against Islam."

Old 04-08-2009, 09:04 AM

1,489 posts, read 2,027,970 times
Yes, he reads his teleprompter very well!

Bet you loved when he bowed down to the Saudi.

What a horrid little man Barry is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies