Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 06:32 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,806 times

Advertisements

Who stop the orginal order by the President. If Obama had to reissue the order doesn't that mean that someone stopped the first one. As a Merchant Marine Captian myself when I give an order it is done no if, buts, or maybes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,806 times
Black Jack Pershing put down a revolution in the Philpines by soaking the bullets in pigs blood and burying the bodies with parts of pigs. just saying.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:39 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, anybody who thinks negotiating with these guys is the answer is fooling themselves--basically dignifying inaction. For negotiating with hostages and, even worse, paying ransom essentially tells them that hijacking ships is perfectly fine.

Nope...start shooting pirates. And if hostages die in the process that will be regrettable. But they would be considered casualties of war. Clean out these guys and I bet nobody will try it again.
LOL!
I'm sorry but that is such a typical Repub"plan"....kill everybody and things will be so much better...

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 04-12-2009 at 06:50 PM..

Old 04-12-2009, 06:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Icy Tea it figures you would begrudge the President his role in this. This rescue would have not happened if Obama did not sign the order authorizing this but you haters can't stand the fact the he was faced with a difficult situation and he prevailed. You seem to forget that in situations like these there is only ONE Commander in Chief and not the discretion of the Navy to deal in international incidents. Even FOX News has praised Obama. Keep being bitter Icy Tea, you're going to need it for your Tea Party!

Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Who do we wage war on? They have no viable government and the pirates/criminals don't represent that non-functioning government . I guess you want a "war on pirates" or something. Maybe create a "Department of Ocean Security". That's ridiculous.
was it so ridiculous when Thomas Jefferson did it?
Thomas Jefferson and the Barbary Pirates (http://www.pccua.edu/keough/Thomas%20Jefferson%20and%20the%20Barbary%20Pirates .htm - broken link)

Old 04-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It doesnt matter who attacks us, we attack who we want to. The oil was in Iraq and the neocons knew there was alot of money there. They took us all for a ride to get it, and they got it, over the dead bodies of huidreds of thousands of innocent people. Throw in the Afghan people who have died from U.S. bombings and rocket attacks and we have killed well over a million innocent people since September 11, 2001.

No wonder the world hates us, the same reason they hate our number one ally, Israel.

But as this forum proves, what is just does not matter to a good many people in this country (dare I say most?)

And the killing will continue, because there are "targets of opportunity" out there, but more importantly, the Defense Budget must be fed.

Right now its so fat it cannot move, it must be force fed.
really??? we had no right to go onto Afghanistan? Even after 9/11?
And who are these millions of innocent people killed? The ones blowing themselves up in an effort to get the 72 virgins???
Sure, just let the pirates take american citizens. I've heard they are looking for volunteers. I've signed you up. Your boat leaves tomorrow for Somalia.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I have to agree, I would have been all over him if he had done nothing. So he gets one in the plus collumn.
sorry, this should have been done several days ago.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Did Iraq attack us? Did they have weapons that could threaten us? No and No..I rest my case.
This article concerns the Iraqi government's use, possession, and alleged intention of acquiring more types of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) during the presidency of Saddam Hussein. During his reign of several decades, he was internationally known for his use of chemical weapons in the 1980s against Kurdish civilians during and after the Iran–Iraq War. It is also known that in the 1980s he pursued an extensive biological weapons program.
Iraq and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just because he managed to get rid of them, doesn't mean he didn't have them.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
The OP of this thread - and all who supported his charade - are so far off the mark it is hysterical...

How many portions of Humble Pie would each of you like???

Go Obama!!! Go Navy Sharpshooters!!!

This is change we can ALL believe in!!! YES!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Hooray!!!

The US military with its multi-billion dollar budget and armed with the latest technology for efficient slaughter, successfully kills three destitute, poorly armed, untrained rag tag civilians from an impoverished third world country. Let's celebrate!!!

Seriously, no way should the US have killed those "pirates." Negotiation was a much better choice.
hey, D.A. they were shooting at the Navy Seals. But of course, we should have just paid 3million in ransom. That would of been the "diplomatic" solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies