Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Bored much?
Condescend much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
OK, I'll take that first sentence as a compliment. I'm consistent because my parents taught me values. Yes, a gay man CAN have values. I know you're shocked.

You are accurate that not all in the gay community are pushing marriage. My partner and I aren't really pushing it.....21 successful years without marriage.....we don't really need it. HOWEVER, with that said, as regards fairness, my partner should be entitled to marry if we wanted to receive the same tax breaks, benefits, etc that straight couples receive.

As for your question about two.....why is a straight marriage limited to two now? Why can't you marry multiple women? A gay marriage would be no different than a straight marriage. You're smart enough to understand that.
That's not fair, and I would never have expected that from you. We agree almost 100% on our local board. I'm kinda hurt by your personal attack on me.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Straight or gay, most children get teased. You don't with-hold rights from a gay couple because their child may get teased.....you do teach your children that we are equal on this planet and teach your children to look for honesty in people.

As a gay man, I am open and honest about who and what I am. Can you tell me Sonrise, why you want to punish honesty?
I think our only true right is life. Everything else is a gift. I do not have a problem with gays. I have gay friends and they dont want to marry they understand. I agree with them on it should be a union. I understand that gays would like the same benefits that straights have but lets be honest here. Do gays or straights really need a pc of paper to " be married" To show your love , to be loved, To share your love with each other. All of that can be done without a pc of paper

And No I was never teased in all my years in school the way my friend was.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I don't have a problem with anything you listed in your post.
You are consistent.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
That's not fair, and I would never have expected that from you. We agree almost 100% on our local board. I'm kinda hurt by your personal attack on me.
It wasn't a personal attack. Sorry.

I do agree with your post above to delusianne.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Condescend much?
Not at all....

Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Come on Sonrise, you are trying to stir the pot.
Your husband and wife marriage is limited to two, you can't marry your mom, your can't marry your sis. The same rules would apply for same sex marriages.

Why do straight couples feel threatened about gay couples getting married??? I mean, really, we can't mess up the institution of marriage anymore than straight couples already have......straight people have treated the vows of marriage with all the respect of a dirty dish rag.

My partner and I have been together going on 21 years.....we've outlasted most all straight married friends.
I am dead serious when I ask this, why exclude plural marriages?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
OK, I'll take that first sentence as a compliment. I'm consistent because my parents taught me values. Yes, a gay man CAN have values. I know you're shocked.

You are accurate that not all in the gay community are pushing marriage. My partner and I aren't really pushing it.....21 successful years without marriage.....we don't really need it. HOWEVER, with that said, as regards fairness, my partner and I should be entitled to marry if we wanted to receive the same tax breaks, benefits, etc that straight couples receive.

As for your question about two.....why is a straight marriage limited to two now? Why can't you marry multiple women? A gay marriage would be no different than a straight marriage. You're smart enough to understand that.
mean comments aside, that's exactly my point. The whole pro gay argument is one of discrimination; straights can marry, why can't gays? Well, if gays can marry, why can't triads or quads? See what I'm saying here, discrimination is discrimination, even if you support it.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Why are you disgusted by heterosexual marriage?
The same reason that I am disgusted by chinese food, hot sauce, etc...I just don't like it.
Some people are opposed to same-sex marriage for the very same reason.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:23 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
mean comments aside, that's exactly my point. The whole pro gay argument is one of discrimination; straights can marry, why can't gays? Well, if gays can marry, why can't triads or quads? See what I'm saying here, discrimination is discrimination, even if you support it.

To answer why, it because you are born either straight or gay. You either like women or men. Why shouldn't your marriage partner follow your born nature? You aren't born a "three-way-lover", you choose to have three ways. Three ways are a sex act......straight or gay attractions are wired into you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies