U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,008,960 times

Advertisements

This is really going to be interesting to observe. Israel has elected a right-wing government (their foreign minister lives in a West Bank settlement!) at the same time that the US has elected a left government that will push for a peace process. How will this end? Will the US finally understand that out interests don't always align with Israel's or will it be more of the same?

Obama team readying for confrontation with Netanyahu - Haaretz - Israel News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,810,122 times
I believe it when I see it. Most all politicians in the US are tripping over themselves to please Israel's right wing base here in the US.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM

4,608 posts, read 7,613,122 times
I'll take the 'yahu over the hootie boy

Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,008,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I believe it when I see it. Most all politicians in the US are tripping over themselves to please Israel's right wing base here in the US.
It's funny, I read a poll that showed that Jews in the US are more hawkish than Israelis... I guess it's easy to be tough when you are thousands of miles away.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:19 PM

746 posts, read 884,128 times
Default Oh Boy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
This is really going to be interesting to observe. Israel has elected a right-wing government (their foreign minister lives in a West Bank settlement!) at the same time that the US has elected a left government that will push for a peace process. How will this end? Will the US finally understand that out interests don't always align with Israel's or will it be more of the same?

Barry is no match for Bibi. This is the first time in history that the US will turn it's back on Israel. Between this and the abortion stance and acceptance of the whole gay thingy. Just watch how fast the US gets punished.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,810,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Barry is no match for Bibi. This is the first time in history that the US will turn it's back on Israel. Between this and the abortion stance and acceptance of the whole gay thingy. Just watch how fast the US gets punished.

I bet you can hardly wait till the US gets punished..you kook.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 PM

746 posts, read 884,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I bet you can hardly wait till the US gets punished..you kook.

So sorry you can't see the light of day.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:31 PM

1,831 posts, read 2,210,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post

I think everybody would like to get Jimmy Carter's peace process back on track after Bush knocked it off. Menachiem Begin was nobody's patsy either, but I think everybody over there recognizes that they are better off without the endless bloodletting. The Bush White House totally misread the stature of Hamas, and destablized the region. If Barack fails, he joins a pretty select group of world leaders. If he succeeds, he'll have us be following in the footsteps of Jimmy again, like Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr., and Bill Clinton. This whole region needs to again have a few players who are not just in it for what they can get out of it, and who will win some trust from a very skeptical bunch. I didn't think it could be done until I saw the Camp David Accords signed.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:40 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,790,979 times
My money is on Netnayahu. A much smarter man than jug ears Obumble.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:55 PM

65,216 posts, read 46,486,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post

Punished for what? Having a rational view of the world? It's time realize among other things we don't owe Israel anything. And he's right about abortion and gays too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies