Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 03:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
You'll notice a trend over time.

The liberal approach to CD is:

1: When confronted by facts ridicule the poster

2: When ridicule doesn't work accuse the poster of being
a closet member of the topic you're posting about (against)

3: If poster fires back run to mod for protection
This coming from the guy who told someone to enjoy burning in hell Way to go Ridgewalker!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 03:19 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't know - I'm not a geneticist, if that's a word. We know there have been gay people for a very long time, but as the population increases, my theory is that there will be more gay people. An interesting study would be on China, where men outnumber women by a huge amount since they keep aborting all the girls. Will there also be a rise in gay males since there aren't enough women for them?
But China directly interferes with the natural processes of life, so they are the direct cause of their plight. It isn't nature that makes the male population of that country so high, it is the abortion rate when dealing with female children.

Also, you have an interesting idea which basically goes in the opposite direction of mine. While I put for the idea that homosexuality is essentially a dying gene which will eventually cease to exist, your idea puts forth the possibility of nature making more homosexual people to provide other homosexuals with mates. The only problem I have with this is you would be inserting feelings into the argument. I don't think nature would respond by making more gay men simply to provide a love partner for other homosexuals. Nature doesn't work based on love or hate. It is simply nature and works to preserve a natural order. So to create more humans that are non reproductive would be counter productive to the natural order.

That is, unless we now give nature a true conciousness, and believe the creation of more gay males and females is meant to combat the gross overpopulation of the earth.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
But China directly interferes with the natural processes of life, so they are the direct cause of their plight. It isn't nature that makes the male population of that country so high, it is the abortion rate when dealing with female children.

Also, you have an interesting idea which basically goes in the opposite direction of mine. While I put for the idea that homosexuality is essentially a dying gene which will eventually cease to exist, your idea puts forth the possibility of nature making more homosexual people to provide other homosexuals with mates. The only problem I have with this is you would be inserting feelings into the argument. I don't think nature would respond by making more gay men simply to provide a love partner for other homosexuals. Nature doesn't work based on love or hate. It is simply nature and works to preserve a natural order. So to create more humans that are non reproductive would be counter productive to the natural order.

That is, unless we now give nature a true conciousness, and believe the creation of more gay males and females is meant to combat the gross overpopulation of the earth.
I know the Chinese artificially created the situation - I'm just wondering how "nature" will react to what humans created.

I don't have any personal feelings about your theory or mine. I've just always thought that it would make sense that the point of it was to hold down population. I never thought of your theory - and mine is no more valid or invalid than yours. If it's a dying gene, so be it. But with human population spiraling upward, wouldn't nature need to control numbers if the planet can only support so many humans? So to preserve humans, fewer need to be born for a period in order to maintain a number that the planet can support. Just a thought.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:43 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post

Every study that I've ever seen around the prevalence of homosexuals in disparate societies is around 10% -- and that spans different time periods. I think it's safe to say that homosexuality will not "die" since it's been around since recorded time. You even have homosexual animals... this is a stable genetic mutation that won't disappear. I don't think it will increase or decrease in society... it will continue to persist.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:44 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
I took those verses from the bible...are you saying the bible is wrong?
That English translation/interpretation was incorrect. (see link below)
Quote:
Why do you keep focusing on the "word". Just because the word "homosexual" doesn't appear in the bible doesn't mean it's not called out
as a sin. And are you absolutely positive it's not in the bible?
Are you absolutely positive that it is?

Get back to us after you read this:

Considering the often cited biblical texts on homosexuality. (http://fou.uniting.com.au/texts.html - broken link)

Last edited by Ceist; 04-13-2009 at 04:08 PM..

Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen
And I've said it's arguable whether or not homosexuality is a sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker
Not according to my Saviour, Jesus Christ. What Church do you go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Quote:

Never did get a reply to this one that didn't involve Leviticus.

Mosaic Law was around for quite some time before Jesus arrived on the scene. I'd still like to know what Jesus had to say about homosexuality.
Still haven't heard from you on this one, RW.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 PM

479 posts, read 660,833 times
And you won't...

In case you don't know you're on my "not worthy of a response list."
I am bending that rule just this once to clue you in. Have a nice life.
PS, if you care to hunt you will find the response your looking for, just not in a reply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen
And I've said it's arguable whether or not homosexuality is a sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker
Not according to my Saviour, Jesus Christ. What Church do you go to?

Still haven't heard from you on this one, RW.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:58 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,672 times
Quote:
And you won't...

In case you don't know you're on my "not worthy of a response list."
I am bending that rule just this once to clue you in. Have a nice life.
PS, if you care to hunt you will find the response your looking for, just not in a reply to you.
WEAK. I was actually looking forward to the response because I have the same question. I didn't think Jesus ever addressed homosexuality -- folks only mention the Old Testament laws... which I thought Jesus came to change.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:02 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
DC at the Ridge originally said:

They weren't having sex with primates. They were eating them. Not an abhorrent act that defies the laws of nature. [End Quote]

Maybe they had sex with them before they ate them. That would set some new kind of standard for kinky, wouldn't it?

Are you serious yikesamillion?

Old 04-13-2009, 04:17 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
WEAK. I was actually looking forward to the response because I have the same question. I didn't think Jesus ever addressed homosexuality -- folks only mention the Old Testament laws... which I thought Jesus came to change.

Jesus never said a thing about homosexuality. My original post was in response to one by RW which claimed otherwise.

His reponse to me was to quote Leviticus, from the OT, which was a couple of thousand years BCE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies