Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 08:44 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times

Advertisements

Last warning, knock it off with the personal attacks and the language please, or I will close this thread.

forum rules, please read them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:54 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
You want to know what I feel when I see a handsome man? Nothing! You want to know what I feel when I see a hot chick...a woody!!!
You EXACTLY just answered your own issue!!!!

Do you sit there and decide if you're going to like the handsome man or the hot chick? No, you just dig the hot chick.

Do I sit around wondering if I should lust after the really cute girl in the cube next to me, or the hot guy who's on the other side of her?

No - I do a double take on the guy without thinking it over. I didn't "decide" who I wanted to be attracted to anymore than I "decided" I'm going to be left handed and of Swedish background. The girl is nice looking, but it doesn't, and will never do anything for me. I can't control that. I use to be really upset about that when I was younger and felt like an absolute outsider in my small hometown. Then I grew up and realized you only get one life - so you'd better do with it what you can. This is what makes me so annoyed with people constantly "protecting" their values, by which act do nothing for them personally, but stomp on other people they don't even know.

I don't understand why that's so hard for many people to comprehend. Did you ever ONCE wake up as a youngster and think "well, I guess it's time I should figure out if I'm going to want to get with a girl or a guy".

No - it just IS. Deal with it. Gays aren't going anywhere. Why would people in Iran and Sudan live their entire lives in hiding for fear of being killed if anyone found out they were gay? Why would generations of gay people live their lives in misery and drag entire famlies down with them because they got married even though they were gay. They did it because they were suppose to be "normal", and it was so shamed most people thought they were sick in the head or the only one out there.

That doesn't mean it was normal to them.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 AM

968 posts, read 1,039,305 times
Well, I'm sick of hearing about straight marriage. Just this week I got two invitations to straight weddings. Gross! Why do these people have to rub their lifestyle in my face?

Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 AM

968 posts, read 1,039,305 times
Quote:
I am still waiting for a response to my questions about why Moderator cut: inappropriatehave to
fly the rainbow flag, have gay weeks at Disney, feel the need to have a gay parade, etc, etc.

There is nothing stupid about those questions...you took a typical liberal stance which is when asked hard questions, ridicule the questioner to deflect having to respond to the original point. Nice try but I ain't buying it.
You must really hate Martin Luther King Jr. day. What not rant about that? How about black history month?

Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,244 times
You still haven't answered how that impacts YOU. If Steve and John are married and minding their own business, what/how does that impact you, your marriage and your family. You can still hold onto your religious/moral convictions, without infringing upon other people's rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
It reduces the sanctity of traditional legitimate marriages that are between a man and a woman.
I'm not religious, so gay marriage doesn't affect or offend me. I've been married for almost 21 years and I can completely understand others wanting to be married. I don't personally see gay people as disgusting, but then again, I am not concerned about what anyone other than my husband and myself do behind closed doors. And in case you didn't know, plenty of hetero people are spreading STDs and AIDS around

Quote:
It affects society, me, you, everyone else, because it legitimizes disgusting repulsive sexual desires that are purely abnormal. These abnormal actions are partly the cause of AIDS and other STDs.
This is a new day and there are all types of "families."

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Marriages in the traditional sense produce families, and the family unit is the backbone of society. Families carry on the tradition of continuing the human race. Homosexuals cannot produce families on their own and do not contribute positively to society in this regard.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:30 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It meant "happy," "merry" or "cheerful" a LOT longer than it meant homosexual. Hundred of years, compared to mere decades.
Well, we're living in 2009, not 1949. Languages evolve and the meanings of words change. This is a basic truth. Ask any linguist.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 04-09-2009 at 11:41 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Information on homosexuals and the incidence of AIDS can be found here:
PHYSICAL HEALTH RISKS
I'm not sure what your point is in posting that link. Yes, there are risks to having sex, and for many reasons, gay sex contains a higher risk of contracting diseases than straight sex. But so what? To me, that just tells me that people need to think about the sex they're having and how to protect themselves, and public health officials need to be aware of the problems that certain groups have.

Lesbian sex has a much lower risk of disease than heterosexual sex, so maybe you should be promoting lesbianism. Maybe you could even become a lesbian.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
HELLO!!!!!! Why is it impossible for you people to answer a simple damn question. This question has been asked of you so many dang times I can't keep track. Here's the question: how would a gay marriage of 2 people you don't know affect you or your straight marriage? Answer the damn question, maybe you'll get some respect on this forum.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I am still waiting for a response to my questions about why Moderator cut: inappropriatehave to
fly the rainbow flag, have gay weeks at Disney, feel the need to have a gay parade, etc, etc.
A lot of gay people grew up feeling ashamed of who they are. Many are still socially isolated as adults. It's important for them to have events and places to go where they can relax a little and be themselves.

Why do religious groups have to have their special days at theme parks like Disney World? They want to be around people who share their background and their views of the world. It's not that different from gays having their own events from time to time.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 PM

355 posts, read 447,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
You still haven't answered how that impacts YOU. If Steve and John are married and minding their own business, what/how does that impact you, your marriage and your family. You can still hold onto your religious/moral convictions, without infringing upon other people's rights.

I'm not religious, so gay marriage doesn't affect or offend me. I've been married for almost 21 years and I can completely understand others wanting to be married. I don't personally see gay people as disgusting, but then again, I am not concerned about what anyone other than my husband and myself do behind closed doors. And in case you didn't know, plenty of hetero people are spreading STDs and AIDS around

This is a new day and there are all types of "families."

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
I have explained numerous times how same-sex marriage impacts me.

Here is another reason. Married people are allowed special government benefits that unmarried couples do not qualify for.

To provide an example of this I will use your Steve and John couple to demonstrate. If they apply for such entitlements as a married couple, that is extra government money being allowed for them. It impacts me, you, and the rest of society in that our tax money will be used for more entitlements.

I do not wish for my tax money to provide spousal benefits to homosexual couples. It is bad enough that our tax money is used for the promotion of the welfare state in general.

You proclaim to not be religious but you are married anyway. Care to explain that? Marriage is a union of a man and woman that is promoted as a religious institution. You are already a sinner by not being faithful to God so why involve yourself in holy matrimony? That is being a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies