U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM

14,283 posts, read 9,823,197 times

Advertisements

Its nice to know that these gay people put thier own selfish desires over that of the common good. Go ahead..call me a homophobe....I am not against gay people, in fact i know several as friends, but all this BS about "Gay marriage" is ridiculous. whats the big thrill over having a piece of paper? Does it really change anything? Will gay people love thier partner more? It seems like gay people dont care about shoving thier lifestyle down everyones throat. Because they are gay, everyone who is not MUST accept it 100%?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 03:03 PM

4,152 posts, read 10,244,387 times
And I'm sick of postings that are merely picking a fight.
Hey, everybody has got their hangups...

Old 04-08-2009, 03:04 PM

10,478 posts, read 14,381,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
And I'm sick of postings that are merely picking a fight.
Hey, everybody has got their hangups...
I know, right? Instead of ignoring it, he actually calls attention to the very thing he despises. Irony!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:04 PM

8,998 posts, read 13,643,325 times
It's about the thousand of legal protections that same-sex couples are denied under the law because many states have banned same-sex marriage and the federal government does not recognize civil unions, domestic partnerships or same-sex marriage.

If you don't want to hear about it, you can very easily mute the tv when it comes on tv, read another page on the newspaper, click off a website that mentions it, don't go to the threads that mention it, etc.

So what you have gay friends?
I know white people who have some pretty surprising views about black people and have black friends.
Do you want a cookie for having gay friends?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:07 PM

14,174 posts, read 24,512,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Its nice to know that these gay people put thier own selfish desires over that of the common good. Go ahead..call me a homophobe....I am not against gay people, in fact i know several as friends, but all this BS about "Gay marriage" is ridiculous. whats the big thrill over having a piece of paper? Does it really change anything? Will gay people love thier partner more? It seems like gay people dont care about shoving thier lifestyle down everyones throat. Because they are gay, everyone who is not MUST accept it 100%?
... I'm not against straight people - I just think they should all be locked up in Guantanemo

Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,039,228 times
I'm sick of posting in threads about gay marriage!!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,404,111 times
two questions. 1) is that offer good for me? 2) are we talking chocolate chip?

[quote=LiveTodayLez08;8247779]It's about the thousand of legal protections that same-sex couples are denied under the law because many states have banned same-sex marriage and the federal government does not recognize civil unions, domestic partnerships or same-sex marriage.

If you don't want to hear about it, you can very easily mute the tv when it comes on tv, read another page on the newspaper, click off a website that mentions it, don't go to the threads that mention it, etc.

So what you have gay friends?
I know white people who have some pretty surprising views about black people and have black friends.
Do you want a cookie for having gay friends?[/quote]

Old 04-08-2009, 03:11 PM

14,283 posts, read 9,823,197 times
Quote:
because many states have banned same-sex marriage and the federal government does not recognize civil unions, domestic partnerships or same-sex marriage
...and what? Gay people cant have relations with each other because its not recognized? Do you really believe that now that gays can marry, thier life changes so dramatically that it was well worth the effort to spit in the face of the majority of Americans? Nevermind, i know your answer. Thats liberalism..the enjoyment of the few is far more important than the rights of the majority.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:11 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,704,406 times
Quote:

I agree witrh your post on Obama normally, so with all due respect on this subject, if you are sick of hearing about it, then don't start a thread about it.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 PM

8,144 posts, read 6,290,193 times
Quote:
...and what? Gay people cant have relations with each other because its not recognized? Do you really believe that now that gays can marry, thier life changes so dramatically that it was well worth the effort to spit in the face of the majority of Americans? Nevermind, i know your answer. Thats liberalism..the enjoyment of the few is far more important than the rights of the majority.
Well, until they get on equal standing as heterosexual couples in every area (including tax benefits, visitation rights, etc.), you're going to keep hearing about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies