Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think it would be ok for people to manipulate genes to have "designer" babies
Yes 17 16.67%
No 76 74.51%
Unsure/Other 9 8.82%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Janelle is less hostile and more reasonable than someone like Omahabound
Very true. Still frustrating, though - at least for me. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if she's frustrated with some of us too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
However, I stand by what i said about most of these gay guys in parks are most likely to be married and closeted.
Absolutely, I agree with you.

One only needs to look at the "Men seeking men" category on Craigslist to see that there are large numbers of married men or guys with girlfriends who are sneaking around, looking for a little anonymous male-to-male sex. Sometimes it seems like there's as many closeted guys on there as there are non-closeted gay men.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:45 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely, I agree with you.

One only needs to look at the "Men seeking men" category on Craigslist to see that there are large numbers of married men or guys with girlfriends who are sneaking around, looking for a little anonymous male-to-male sex. Sometimes it seems like there's as many closeted guys on there as there are non-closeted gay men.
I wouldn't know about using the MSM category in Craigslist HAHA i only use it to find housing and rare artefacts .

I don't know why these idiots trolling the parks don't wait until its totally dark and quiet... i mean if you're going to do it don't do it when there is increased activity in the park in daytime when everyone can see you... its also disturbing when they leave remnants of the fact they were there... they are asking to get busted and deserve it.. Poor closeted men .... old men .... particulary old old men lol.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Very true. Still frustrating, though - at least for me. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if she's frustrated with some of us too.
I'd give Janelle a hug though... Omaha on the other hand ... umm no - ouch whats that sticking out of my back.....

Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't know about using the MSM category in Craigslist HAHA i only use it to find housing and rare artefacts .
Oh yes, well, usually I only use it to find rare stamps for my stamp collection. I have no idea about what goes on in the Adult Gigs section either.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I'd give Janelle a hug though... Omaha on the other hand ... umm no - ouch whats that sticking out of my back.....
You're more generous than I.

Or maybe I'm just more dramatic. Instead of imagining Omaha stabbing me with a knife, I picture him firebombing my house.

Hopefully not, though.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
But you say MARRIED men go trolling for gay sex. George Michael is an example of a married gay man trolling for anomymous sex so marriage did not stop him from that activity. I don't think gay marriage will stop this activity for those who crave whatever it brings them. I don't think gay marriage will solve any of these problems. So many straight people do not want to marry now but just live together. Seems the world is turned upside down.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
But you say MARRIED men go trolling for gay sex. George Michael is an example of a married gay man trolling for anomymous sex so marriage did not stop him from that activity. I don't think gay marriage will stop this activity for those who crave whatever it brings them. I don't think gay marriage will solve any of these problems. So many straight people do not want to marry now but just live together. Seems the world is turned upside down.
Again you use one example and assume that is the case for all examples without seeing the bigger picture. Again i say George Michael, Boy George and Perez Hilton are not the defining figures for gay. So because George Michael got busted in the bathroom with some dude shouldn't mean i can't get married. Don't get me into the number of straight marriages that fail.. Boy George might have had a point when he said I don't know why gays want to join such a failing institution lol.

Janelle i might have to take back my hug.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
You're more generous than I.

Or maybe I'm just more dramatic. Instead of imagining Omaha stabbing me with a knife, I picture him firebombing my house.

Hopefully not, though.
I always thought you were a FLAMER

Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Seems the world is turned upside down.
Janelle, the world was upside when Nero burned Rome, when the Vatican burned witches and Hitler was ravaging Europe. Actually things have improved for most people in the world. Some areas, particularly those with religious fundamentalism are just hopeless it seems. For now anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies