Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times

Advertisements

I am so sick of hearing my wife complain about her job everyday. I do not blame her though, when a professional with a college degree, many years of experience has to take a job at $12/hr, something is definitely wrong. Obama has talked about creating jobs but so far, no jobs have been created. I am also underemployed and very frustrated, what is he waiting for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times
Maybe after the next $Trillion he spends we might see some jobs.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:58 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Maybe after the next $Trillion he spends we might see some jobs.

In China...

Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am so sick of hearing my wife complain about her job everyday. I do not blame her though, when a professional with a college degree, many years of experience has to take a job at $12/hr, something is definitely wrong. Obama has talked about creating jobs but so far, no jobs have been created. I am also underemployed and very frustrated, what is he waiting for?
You're frustrated because your expectations too high. You expect him to create jobs in ten weeks? It will be years before the economy is turned around.

Or maybe someone promised you jobs sooner? Who would that be and a link please?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Dont know thought this stimulus bill we must have was going to create the 4 million jobs he promised

Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
In China...
Fools that were taken in by his talk of creating jobs didn't stop to realize that the only jobs he can create are government jobs and federal government at that.

Many looked at the "shovel ready" talk about jobs and didn't stop to think that they were building roads, bridges, etc which are done for states, counties,etc which is still government.

How does a President create jobs in the private sector? That question needs to be answered by any politician who takes advantage of the voters by claiming he can create them.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
OH MY! A repub who wants something handed to him on a silver platter! Immediately! Right now! Instant gratification!!!!

No "pull YOURSELF up by the bootstraps""!!????? Or is that just for the poor? YOU should be handed a job????

Maybe you should take repub advice....don't like your job? Just quit and get another one! Improve your skills and get more money! Don't ya know THAT'S automatic! !

How friggin' long has Obama been in office????? NOT 8 years!

You think HE should do in 3 months what 8 years of republicans couldn't do????

Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
I have never seen my spouse so unhappy, frustrated and depressed like this before and I don't think she will be able to work this job much longer.
She is making exactly 1/2 of what she used to make and hates going to work everyday. We have been planning short vacations to escape from it all every other weekend but going back to a stupid job like this after being on vacation is even worse. I feel bad for her but I do not know what to do anymore.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:08 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
I guess "change" should be changed to "hoping for change." Pennies, nickles, dimes, anyone?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Not true--Kal Pen the actor just got a job in the NObama Admin as some glorified PR assistant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies