Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,380 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm....intersting. I think the massive explosion of diagnosed "autism spectrum" disorders is because of the $$$ involved.

Also, I think "it" is genetic. I would love to see the amount of "autism" diagnosed in the Silicon Valley area...a place where a lot of geeks have moved to and inter bred.

Most every community had a few of these "odd" types and they were accepted as much as they wanted. Now it's a "disease".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
How is too much self esteem bad? If you have self esteem you feel good enough to sympathize and empathize with people, therefore you do not shoot or physically attack others.

If somebody goes shooting people it is because the person is violent and apathetic towards life, I assume it has almost nothing to do with a disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
too much self esteem given kids and too much neglect and lack of discipline and lack of attention from parents.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
You do if you think you are above them and they mock you. they expect one thing of the world and when the world doesn't acknowledge it;they snap.Look at all those self esteem looters at those protest.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:11 PM

I do not condone violence, however, most all people do not like being mocked or insulted in any way.

Somebody can have very low self esteem, feel miserable and inferior about himself and snap and go crazy. Ever heard of inferiority complex??

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You do if you think you are above them and they mock you. they expect one thing of the world and when the world doesn't acknowledge it;they snap.Look at all those self esteem looters at those protest.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:16 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times
I think they're related parents raising children with a total lack of discipline and no real grasp of responsibility.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 PM

We are talking about adults here that are doing violent acts, not children.

Remember Jeffrey Dahmer was raised in a disciplined Christian household.

Ted Bundy had discipline and was studying to be an attorney.

Wayne Gacy was well known for doing volunteer work and favors for the community, and he had a family too.

Torquemada was a devout Catholic leader.

All the above were violent serial killers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
I think they're related parents raising children with a total lack of discipline and no real grasp of responsibility.

Last edited by artsyguy; 04-09-2009 at 08:34 PM..

Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'll throw out my own theory about autism and its cause: Ultrasounds. When did the autism explosion occur and when did ultrasounds become widely used? I haven't thoroughly researched this but its as plausable as mercury in immunizations causing it or fluoridated water or heavy metal pollution being the cause. But there is a huge problem and something is causing it. But I've never heard of autistic people shooting people. If anything these shootings are a social disorder coming from too much self esteem given kids and too much neglect and lack of discipline and lack of attention from parents.
I had a complicated pregnancy so I had ultrasounds weekly for the last two months of this pregnancy. The product of that pregnancy is now 15, a straight A student, and a gifted graphic designer. He is also a very loving sociable boy.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Autism is believed to be a genetic disorder.

Is Autism Genetic? - Genetics and Autism - Causes of Autism

Interesting theory about impulsive crimes related to autism. Possible but I am guessing a lower incidence overall than people without autism committing such crimes.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
Not in my friend's family, believe me! I think she's strict, and my kids thought I was too strict!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:14 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Asperger's is not a real condition... its a made up disease so socially awkward individuals can have something besides themselves to blame for their failures
Sometimes it is better to be quiet, and let everyone assume you are uneducated, than to speak up and prove it.

Last edited by jimhcom; 04-10-2009 at 10:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies