Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 05:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I didn't create the label, you liberal freaks did because you don't think minorities or women are equal or capable of making it without government forced discrimination. If you find Affirmative Action as offensive as I do, and it would appear that you do from your above post, you would seek to eliminate it. Until such time that it is eliminated, every minority and every women in the nation will be branded with the label of Affirmative Action, whether you like it or not. Affirmative Action is liberal institutionalized bigotry.

Say whaaaaaaaaat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 05:53 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
I agree that the debt is an issue, my problem is that the protests themselves are pretty half assed and are more of an echo chamber than an effort to raise an issue or convince people from the other side of the problems/solutions.

Otherwise they would be on channels besides Fox News.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
While I can respect these people disagreeing with our leaders as well as their desire to express that sentiment I personally feel that the whole "tea party" thing kind of cheapens what our founding fathers fought for. The whole "tea party" theme makes the entire protest almost seem like a type of gimmick. I think just a simple protest against over-taxation would have been more appropriate, and possibly garnered more support. Somebody watched too much "V for Vendetta"...

Funny how these just start turning up. I guess its wasteful spending is only wasteful when the democrats are in charge. These protests would have more credibility if their organizers weren't so hypocritical.
That's fine, protesting is not going to be for everyone for a number of reasons. Maybe you could do something that is more your style, letter writing, phone calls whatever. The point is to make our gubmint hear us often and not sit back and wait for another election process before we speak up.

The people who can't control their spending vote need to go, I don't give a ratz butt what team they are on, it's obvious they are not on ours.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Glenn Beck is a moron, and he is organzing something called a "9/12 Project" which, I admittedly am getting confused with these "Tea Parties", and Glenn Beck used video footage of the Nazi's marching to compare to today's government.

Glenn Beck, Hannity, and the lunatic fringe rightwing have long been xenophobic, ignorant and racist. All these people call for the murder of Muslim's, who have brown skin, not black.

Thats racism. And hatred. And xenophobia
Instead of throwing insults how about citing specific examples of Beck being Racist, xenophobic etc. Can you find any? Maybe if you go back to mediamatters or moveon and read more you could find one?
If you can't provide such info then maybe a look in the mirror to check and see if you're not just projecting your feelings on others...

Old 04-11-2009, 09:36 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Hey Kev~ it's NOT about parties (dems or repubs) it is about the gov't spending our kids and grand kids money. It's about stopping the spending spree. I have friends who are from both parties who are attending.

If you are not bothered by this, then you are not paying taxes!
It is really funny to me that Bush soent the country into hell and nobody raised a PEEP. Not one Republican (except maybe McCain) ever stood up while Bush was there and said "hey we are spending too much money here" and the debt and deficits went up and up and up while the Republicans spent more and more and more.
But then Obama comes along and all the sudden they got religion. Now they want to gripe about all of his spending and have little tea throws and have hissy fits on Fox News about it.
The problem with that is they have no credibility at all. They are the party of "deficits don't matter" and to try and act otherwise makes them look really stupid.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:13 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It is really funny to me that Bush soent the country into hell and nobody raised a PEEP. Not one Republican (except maybe McCain) ever stood up while Bush was there and said "hey we are spending too much money here" and the debt and deficits went up and up and up while the Republicans spent more and more and more.
But then Obama comes along and all the sudden they got religion. Now they want to gripe about all of his spending and have little tea throws and have hissy fits on Fox News about it.
The problem with that is they have no credibility at all. They are the party of "deficits don't matter" and to try and act otherwise makes them look really stupid.
Did you look at the chart a page or two back?
There is quite a bit of difference in spending.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:42 AM

946 posts, read 2,604,208 times
As with all statistics, there are lies, damn lies and then charts. Our government assured us citizens that an invasion of Iraq would be cheap ( when the administration's budget man predicted a 200 billion cost, he was fired--that's a bargain now!) but we've seen how many trillions have been poured into the sands of the Middle East. Now we have veterans returning with brain injuries that are still not understood. A discussion of our economy that does not include a discussion of our wars and projections of those costs is like a three-legged fox--it just doesn't run right.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:25 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
As with all statistics, there are lies, damn lies and then charts. Our government assured us citizens that an invasion of Iraq would be cheap ( when the administration's budget man predicted a 200 billion cost, he was fired--that's a bargain now!) but we've seen how many trillions have been poured into the sands of the Middle East. Now we have veterans returning with brain injuries that are still not understood. A discussion of our economy that does not include a discussion of our wars and projections of those costs is like a three-legged fox--it just doesn't run right.
Because we are treating this war like Grenada instead of Iwo-Jima. Can you imagine if the ACLU were around back during WW2? How many US soldiers would have been brought on charges for "offending" the enemy who was trying to kill him? Did Admiral Halsey give a damn about Japanes "senseabilities" before attacking? Did MacArthur make sure that his troops honored and respected Japanes traditions? Nope. Now we have soldiers bieng charged with murder for firing to many bullets by that jerk off Murtha. And everday the MSM tells our enemies that we dont have the resolve to win, and that we wont do anything that might upset the local population. This war would have been over long ago if we didnt give 2 sh*ts about winning thier "hearts and minds"

Old 04-11-2009, 12:39 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I'm kind of looking forward to the Tea event. It will look like a Palin Rally of just a few months back. All the deadender's, knuckle dragging, uninformed, FAUX Entertainment NEWS bobble heads, rednecks... I could go on and on Will make a great photo op for the 2010 election cycle.
It will be MUCH more attractive than your greasy-haired, acid-dropping, hate-spewing, dry-humping (or even wet-humping), throat-tonguing bunch of leftist rallies.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:28 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Well who would have ever thought a Senator with only 2 yrs exp would run, let alone win? So with that, the bar was lowered way down for expereince requirements. So I am sure there are plenty of people out there that can get a couple years under there belts by the next election. Heck, all they need is 140 days experience. That's all Obama was at work!
Ok, your points noted. So who are you going to put up against President Obama? Would be Sarah (I lie 4 Jesus) Palin, Piyush (Mr Rogers)Jindal, Newt (I suddenly found religion) Gingrich? Rush (I love Oxycotin) Limpball even has some attributes he could add to his rabid base...

Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Ok, your points noted. So who are you going to put up against President Obama? Would be Sarah (I lie 4 Jesus) Palin, Piyush (Mr Rogers)Jindal, Newt (I suddenly found religion) Gingrich? Rush (I love Oxycotin) Limpball even has some attributes he could add to his rabid base...
So is it totally beyond you to converse without the sophmoric name calling?
Does it make you feel somehow better or do you think you make your point more intellegently when you do so?
We as a group could sit here all day and make up names for all the people in congress as well as the president but what would good would it do other than to make us look like 9th graders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies