Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I have to agree with you but for different reasons.Obama will grant amnesty to the 13+ Million illegals. Then they will hand then housing, food stamps, education, medical and will have bought themselves 13+ Million NEW democrats to vote for them. Case closed.

That is why Obama is already starting his amnesty BS now. Get it done while he has control over the congress and senate....slip this through and it is done.

Personally I think the republicans are done. The dems will buy up enough votes to hold the office right where they have it.

It's all about the power. If you think for one minute Obama and Pelosi, Reid, Frank care about you, you are sadly mistaken. It's about POWER!
If you voted for Bush/Cheney, I'm wondering if you see the irony of your concerns about "POWER."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
In decades? Even better than Clinton? Wow...you're drinking some potent Kool aid.

Yeah..McCain and Palin could of continued the Bush policies...ohh that's right, your new lord is continuing most of them, nevermind.
And how is reversing Bushies Policy on Stem Cell Research, Closing down Gitmo, Putting in motion a policy to remove all combat troops out of Bushes open ended war, Taking away federal land from big oil in pristine wildlife ecosystems, the same? I see a stark difference...

Old 04-09-2009, 08:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Believe me, the GOP is just digging themselves deeper and deeper in he hole. Who you going to run against Obama, Palin, Jindal? Let's see what happens in 2016.
2016? the dems are going to lose seats in 2010. Obama is showing his true colors in the handling of the taliban, Iran, somalia pirates. He has shown himself to be overwhelmed. He keeps spending and you are going to see a shift at the elections next year.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Because the whole idea is stupid. Those "tea parties" are composed primarily of the paranoid followers of the FOX News/Glenn Beck/Sean Hannity crowd, who still haven't accepted Barack Obama as President. Everybody knows it. Except them, of course. They still haven't figured out that they really, really, really don't represent the views of the majority of the American people. And that the "tea parties" are kind of embarrassingly pathetic.
really??? so it has nothing to do with big gov't spending that even those on the right didn't support under Bush? Tarp and stimulus packages that just increase gov't control? But I guess tripling the national debt is no big deal. We'll just tax the rich to pay for it all.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a TEA party? I went to the site and watched the video and it all seemed a bit unclear. I gathered that it had something to do with the national debt, spending and taxes, but it was quite vague and most of it was saying we are doing something sign up here.

See the "Tea Parties" are like frat parties for middle-aged Repubs who are disillusioned and disgruntled by their lose of "privilege" in a changing America.

They are going to rant and rage about the failures of the GW presidency and then blame it on Obama.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Quote:
If you voted for Bush/Cheney, I'm wondering if you see the irony of your concerns about "POWER."
I didn't vote for Bush. I'm actually independent. I vote for who will do the least amount of damage to the country.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
It's gatherings at over 2,000 locations all over the US. It is not about anti Obama or the dems or the repubs. It is about "We the people" being tired of the Gov't getting bigger and bigger and spending our money. It is about sending a message that we will not stand for our taxes being raised and the people on the hill spending our children's future. So all parties who are fed up are taking a stand to take America back. That's my explanation but I am sure you will see liberals saying it is a KKK meeting for people filled with hate. Just consider the source.
That makes sense. Though even if spending is halted or cut taxes will still need to be raised in certain areas to pay off the enormous debt that has been accumulated in the past 30-40 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
really??? so it has nothing to do with big gov't spending that even those on the right didn't support under Bush? Tarp and stimulus packages that just increase gov't control? But I guess tripling the national debt is no big deal. We'll just tax the rich to pay for it all.
Really.

Quote:
I agree. The best President we've had in decades. At the very least, we are all saved from the nightmare that McCain and Palin would have been.
you mean, like actual bipartisan leadership? Instead of a far left agenda that even some dem's can't support.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I didn't vote for Bush. I'm actually independent. I vote for who will do the least amount of damage to the country.
Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies