Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,197,771 times

Advertisements

What is so brilliant about a loud mouthed ,vulgar hate-spewer who woke up one day and decided if Rush can make money doing this, so to can I? The name-calling and intollerence you despise and accuse others of on this forum is behavior that you embrace when coming from the mouth of Savage. Chinless, he calls the viewer. In comparison Savage has a large, elongated chin, makes a good ball rest I suspect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 08:58 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
What is so brilliant about a loud mouthed ,vulgar hate-spewer who woke up one day and decided if Rush can make money doing this, so to can I? The name-calling and intollerence you despise and accuse others of on this forum is behavior that you embrace when coming from the mouth of Savage. Chinless, he calls the viewer. In comparison Savage has a large, elongated chin, makes a good ball rest I suspect.
I would have to say he was pretty fair with that caller. He simply posed questions that the listener was totally unable to answer.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I much prefer the even more brilliant Dan Savage, who is also much better looking than Michael, and didn't have to change his name from "Weiner" to become a Savage.

He also writes a killer column on Ann Lander's old desk.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3qu3o_dan-savage-on-tcr_fun
When Dan Weiner gets a Ph. D. from Berkeley and can articulate himself like Dr. Savage can, we'll talk.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:11 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
No need. I've heard him before and that was enough. People who yell and make apocolyptic statements get on my nerves.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:16 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post

Quote:
The name-calling and intollerence you despise
I never said i despise intolerance, in fact, I consider myself very intolerant of others, However, I admit my intolerance, what I am sick of is the liberals who say they are tolerant, but are in actuallity, hate filled monsters. And as far as Savage is concerned, the caller hurled insults at Savage at the outset of the call, Savage just responded to the caller

Old 04-10-2009, 05:06 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
When Dan Weiner gets a Ph. D. from Berkeley and can articulate himself like Dr. Savage can, we'll talk.
Dan Savage is at least as articulate as Michael Savage.

Michael's PhD is in Nutritional Ethnomedicine. What does that have to do with right wing bombast?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Dan Savage is at least as articulate as Michael Savage.
Dan actually has a far more limited vocabulary when speaking off the cuff, a testament to his inferior education.

Quote:
Michael's PhD is in Nutritional Ethnomedicine. What does that have to do with right wing bombast?
Dr. Savage, like myself, had to endure a rigorous dissertation process and publish often during his academic stint. The requirements are especially stringent in any scientific area of study, even in nutritional science. His railings have limited insertions of "uh". Uneducated individuals also do not understand his ability to use a comedic brand of vitriol, and it is what separates him from his relative dunces Boortz, Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh. He also rails on neo-cons like Palin and refers to the previous talk show hosts and others like them as "the golfer", "the leprechaun", and "hush bimbo". Highly educated individuals who do not act like elitists are aces in my estimation.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Dan actually has a far more limited vocabulary when speaking off the cuff, a testament to his inferior education.

Dr. Savage, like myself, had to endure a rigorous dissertation process and publish often during his academic stint. The requirements are especially stringent in any scientific area of study, even in nutritional science. His railings have limited insertions of "uh". Uneducated individuals also do not understand his ability to use a comedic brand of vitriol, and it is what separates him from his relative dunces Boortz, Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh. He also rails on neo-cons like Palin and refers to the previous talk show hosts and others like them as "the golfer", "the leprechaun", and "hush bimbo". Highly educated individuals who do not act like elitists are aces in my estimation.
Here is a look at his total education:

Ph.D., Nutritional Ethnomedicine
M.S., Medical Anthropology
M.S., Medical Botany
B.A, Sociology
B.A., Education

Can John Stewart or Olberman claim to have any of these? Oh, by the way, Stewarts real name is Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz

Old 04-10-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Here is a look at his total education:

Ph.D., Nutritional Ethnomedicine
M.S., Medical Anthropology
M.S., Medical Botany
B.A, Sociology
B.A., Education

Can John Stewart or Olberman claim to have any of these? Oh, by the way, Stewarts real name is Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz
I think it doesn't compute for libs to believe Dr. Savage can have all of these degrees, esp. the Ph. D. from Berkeley, and actually be conservative. The worst libs can do is to dismiss his vast education as being somehow "unearned" simply because it's in nutritional science as opposed to physics or some such, ignoring the rigorous nature of the doctoral program in question.

Here's something to clue folks on: a large proportion of people who earn their doctoral degree in either comp sci, math, or engineering are either libertarian or conservative, because they realize the free market is pretty much the largest employer of their research talent.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I think it doesn't compute for libs to believe Dr. Savage can have all of these degrees, esp. the Ph. D. from Berkeley, and actually be conservative. The worst libs can do is to dismiss his vast education as being somehow "unearned" simply because it's in nutritional science as opposed to physics or some such, ignoring the rigorous nature of the doctoral program in question.

Here's something to clue folks on: a large proportion of people who earn their doctoral degree in either comp sci, math, or engineering are either libertarian or conservative, because they realize the free market is pretty much the largest employer of their research talent.

Savage says he spent many years in the south Pacific earning his doctorate, living in grass huts with tribesmen with no electricity or plumbing on tiny islasnds raising his family. That takes alot of commitment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies