Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:54 PM

165 posts, read 977,200 times

Advertisements

I was very happy he got elected but got to admit i wasn't expecting any tax raises, as he promised. Now the cigarette's went up, dmv fees went up, i read somewhere he's seeking 83mill for the war in iraq (more taxes), the economy is still in very bad shape...
are we about to see any "impeach obama" bumper stickers in the near future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 12:26 AM

57 posts, read 138,795 times
I hope Obama can turn the country around. I haven't seen it yet but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a few months. I could see tax increases coming from miles away, and although I don't like tax increases, I already had planned for them if he became president. The lack of bipartisan effort in Congress is really frustrating to me. I wish the partisan bickering would stop. The country really needs to come together and pull itself out of this mess, and not rely on politicians.

Obama is almost completely opposite me (so was W) in the fiscal sense, as I am a fiscal conservative. I am socially liberal, so pretty much a libertarian. I believe in states rights, he is more nationalist. I believe it will take more than President Obama to get the country back on a track towards sustainable growth.

Like I said though, I am going to give him some time to get the country on a track towards sustainable growth. He'll most likely need it.

One last thing, people need to take him off the pedestal he was placed on. He is HUMAN. He IS NOT the second coming.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:28 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
I think it is sad he is clueless to whose puppet he is. I just try not to pay attention. Can not change it so I try not to worry about it.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
I'm not sure who thinks we could have spent the way we did during the Bush years and not have taxes raised. It is what it is. I voted for him and expected many of the things that are happening. I was extremely displeased with the bail outs but I am with pleased with the way he's handling alot of other issues. I give each new president a year or so without much critique to let them have at it. It won't be until atleast then until we can really know what some of the affects from some of his decisions. Let's hope this cabinet isn't as dreadful as the last.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Well, of course he and his supporters will now take credit for the reccession probably peaking (lets hope it has) and starting to improve, but giving him credit would be like holding Bush not resposible for the national debt...

What do I think? He said he would not raise taxes except on the very rich, he has...cut and dry..He still thinks he can talk his way out of anything, he can't. He was going to get our troops home, now he wants more money to fight in the middle east...He is niave, and inexperienced. He or his staff didn't take the time to check the backgrounds of many he was hoping would be on his cabinet..In fact a few are, a sec of the treasury that didn't know when he owed taxes...

Can our new President be blamed for all the problems facing our nation? Absolutely not..Has he done a good job? So far, I think it is way to early to tell....My main problem, he doesn't seem to know the difference between truth and fiictoin and he is as arrogant as they come..

I guess you know how I feel...

Nita

Old 04-10-2009, 07:59 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,188 times
C'mon you know this is off topic. Move it to P&O.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
C'mon you know this is off topic. Move it to P&O.
you know, you are right, I almost didn't respond for that reason..

Nita

Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaslover View Post
I was very happy he got elected but got to admit i wasn't expecting any tax raises, as he promised. Now the cigarette's went up, dmv fees went up, i read somewhere he's seeking 83mill for the war in iraq (more taxes), the economy is still in very bad shape...
are we about to see any "impeach obama" bumper stickers in the near future?
Cigarette taxes and DMW fees? Arent those state issues?

As far as Iraq, because I dont question President Obama's motives in that country the way I constantly did GWB, I am fully prepared to give our current President the benefit of the doubt.

He is trying to fix problems that most Americans know he did NOT create.

My support for him is still quite strong and I am willing to wait and see because I feel like honesty and integrity have been restored to the White House.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:07 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
I didn't vote for him but hope he does something that helps, I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to be president at this time in history.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Hope... that Obama continues his planned course.
Change... Ron Paul 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies