Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times

Advertisements

"Force" is incorrect. She just requested it.

But it does go hand-in-hand with all the anti-immigrant, xenophobic wing of this country - and I have no use for them.

I want more unique and interesting names. I want to hear more exotic languages. I want more ethnic restaurants. I want to see more shades of skin color. I want to see people in colorful cultural clothing.

And guess what? My desire doesn't impose anything on anybody. Where's the individual freedom wing of the right? Why aren't they defending diversity on that count? Why do they want to impose uniformity on people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Texas. Again. What's wrong with some of those people?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:47 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
you have no use for them. I guess you moved to idaho for the diversity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

But it does go hand-in-hand with all the anti-immigrant, xenophobic wing of this country - and I have no use for them.

I want more unique and interesting names. I want to hear more exotic languages. I want more ethnic restaurants. I want to see more shades of skin color. I want to see people in colorful cultural clothing.

And guess what? My desire doesn't impose anything on anybody. Where's the individual freedom wing of the right? Why aren't they defending diversity on that count? Why do they want to impose uniformity on people?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:48 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
This is insane.

I'm Republican and in Texas myself and I think this woman is NUTS!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:50 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you have no use for them. I guess you moved to idaho for the diversity.
I've got tons of diversity in my family. Why is this of interest to you? People live where they live for all kinds of reasons.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:51 AM

749 posts, read 947,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Well it's coming out of Texas and that speaks volumes...
You wish you came from The Great State of Texas don't you, come on be truthful.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:

If you want all those things then it's time for you to move to Texas.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:54 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
you are the kind of person who lives in a place like rural maine and claims to be an expert on race relations. if you are such a far left extremist, why are you living in idaho. the state doesn't want you. do you enjoy the low crime and low taxes that red states are known for?

Quote:
I've got tons of diversity in my family. Why is this of interest to you? People live where they live for all kinds of reasons.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Every day, in every way members of the TX lege remind me of why I left! I guess she just wants to get a "wiki" mention alongside the idiotic member a few years ago (during a debate about "English only") who stated, "if English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it should be good enough for the people of Texas".

Maybe evolution is a hoax, Texas has gone from Dwight Eisenhower, Bob Wills, Waylon Jennings, Chester Nimitz and Willie Nelson to G.W. Bush, Tom (still not indicted) Delay and this idiot in a hundred years.

golfgod

[ Red Adair
Alvin Ailey
Mary Kay Ash
Stephen F. Austin

Ninnie Baird
Clyde Barrow
Gail Borden
Carol Burnett
George Bush
George W. Bush
Cyd Charisse
Claire Lee Chennault
William P. Clements, Jr.
Joan Crawford
Walter Cronkite

Phil Gramm

Larry Hagman
Oveta Culp Hobby
Ima Hogg
Buddy Holly
Sam Houston

Howard Hughes
Kay Bailey Hutchison
[/
Lyndon Baines Johnson
Jack Johnson
Janis Joplin
Scott Joplin
Gib Lewis
Mance Lipscomb

Jayne Mansfield
Stanley Marsh 3
Mary Martin
Don Meredith
Ann Miller

Willie Nelson
Chester William Nimitz

Roy Orbison
Lee Harvey Oswald

Bonnie Parker
Quanah Parker

H. Ross Perot
Bill Pickett
T. Boone Pickens, Jr. (http://www.famoustexans.com/boonepickens.htm - broken link)
Katharine Ann Porter

Dan Rather
Robert Rauschenberg
Sam Rayburn
Tex Ritter
Gene Roddenberry
Karl Rove
Nolan Ryan

Ann Sheridan
Willie Shoemaker
Sissy Spacek
Roger Staubach
Lorenzo de Zavala
ZZ Top

Old 04-10-2009, 09:05 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
[font=Arial]
Jack Johnson
Jack Johnson's name jumped out at me. Great boxer. Too bad a lot of Texans at the time didn't know that, because films of his victories over white boxers were banned in the state by the legislature. They did so to avoid the riots that his previous wins over white boxers had caused.

Folks really hated him because he married several white women. He was eventually arrested on bogus charges of transporting white women across state lines for purposes of prostitution...

Just sayin, in a thread alluding to racism in Texas, Jack Johnson's an interesting counter-argument....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies