Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times

Advertisements

Sheriff: Teens planned to shoot up school - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

DENVER - Two teens arrested in New Mexico on suspicion of burglary and theft had planned a shooting spree at a rural southwestern Colorado high school as early as this week, according to a sheriff who said he was among the targets.

Martin said sheriff's deputies recovered seven rifles, including .22-caliber weapons, shotguns and an M1 carbine, at the Dove Creek home of the 16-year-old, and three more weapons when the teens were arrested in New Mexico.

I guess the gun nuts on this thread will contend that if every high-school kid had a gun, they could defend themselves. I'm still waiting for a mass knife plot as they pretend can happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 07:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
It's a sad thing that HS kids contemplate and plan things like this. Guns aside what is wrong in society that kids are now planning mass murder of their peers ?

Old 04-10-2009, 07:25 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's a sad thing that HS kids contemplate and plan things like this. Guns aside what is wrong in society that kids are now planning mass murder of their peers ?
Glad at least one poster on here knows where the problem lies. Guns don't get up and shoot by themselves and no we don't need guns in schools, but you do need to know what the problem is and where it is coming from. The problem started when prayer was taken out of school. God is the answer, but we have lost a generation to the devil.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:27 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,197 times
Great.

When are you going to start your crusade against cars and alcohol since the combination of the two results in 4-6 times more deaths than firearms related fatalities?

But you wont. Your against personal freedoms, anti-Constitution, and your anti gun tirades are just un-American in my opinion.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Glad at least one poster on here knows where the problem lies. Guns don't get up and shoot by themselves and no we don't need guns in schools, but you do need to know what the problem is and where it is coming from. The problem started when prayer was taken out of school. God is the answer, but we have lost a generation to the devil.
I've never seen religion shoot anybody..Maybe if so many didn't "cling" to certain things, we could have common sense debates about prudent issues.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Great.

When are you going to start your crusade against cars and alcohol since the combination of the two results in 4-6 times more deaths than firearms related fatalities?

But you wont. Your against personal freedoms, anti-Constitution, and your anti gun tirades are just un-American in my opinion.
I hope you realize how idiotic the overused car "accident" analogy is..You gun nuts will quickly turn a blind eye to reality and attempt to distract..All those massacres were no "accidents".

I should be free to walk down the street without wondering if that insane person coming out of walmart just bought an arsenal. This is not the wild-wild west.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I hope you realize how idiotic the overused car "accident" analogy is..You gun nuts will quickly turn a blind eye to reality and attempt to distract..All those massacres were no "accidents".

I should be free to walk down the street without wondering if that insane person coming out of walmart just bought an arsenal. This is not the wild-wild west.
We'll never be able t read people's minds, at least not in my life time. An until we can, we will never be able to prevent people from "losing" it and going off on innocent people. Whether they use a gun, knife, hammer, box cutter, etc is irrelevant.

Gun deaths, account for .01%,in relation to total lawful gun ownership in this country.

Why are you attacking an inanimate object that accounts for so little overall deaths, when other things, such as alcohol, drugs, and smoking kill tens of times more?

It's obvious. Your just plain anti-gun, and could care less about who or how many get killed, and are just fearful of an armed populace.

I'm still waiting for the pics of your "assault weapon".

Tool....

Old 04-10-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Gun deaths, account for .01%,in relation to total lawful gun ownership in this country.

Why are you attacking an inanimate object that accounts for so little overall deaths, when other things, such as alcohol, drugs, and smoking kill tens of times more?

It's obvious. Your just plain anti-gun, and could care less about who or how many get killed, and are just fearful of an armed populace.

I'm still waiting for the pics of your "assault weapon".

Tool....
People have the choice to drink, use drugs and smoke. None of the people killed in the last 2 weeks had the choice of being killed by gun violence.

I do fear an armed unregulated insane populace. I certainly do.

Who said I had an assault weapon..LOL..Whatever tough guy..LOL

Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
People have the choice to drink, use drugs and smoke. None of the people killed in the last 2 weeks had the choice of being killed by gun violence.

I do fear an armed unregulated insane populace. I certainly do.

Who said I had an assault weapon..LOL..Whatever tough guy..LOL
You said it yourself in the first sentence.

Just like people make the decision to drink and drive, smoke, and use drugs, other lawful gun owners make the decision to use their firearms for lawful or illegal purposes.

Just like the action of the person using the gun to kill people, the person choosing to consume alcohol and drive is making a decision, and thus accepting the consequences of possible ramifications associated with the combination of the two.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Sheriff: Teens planned to shoot up school - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

DENVER - Two teens arrested in New Mexico on suspicion of burglary and theft had planned a shooting spree at a rural southwestern Colorado high school as early as this week, according to a sheriff who said he was among the targets.

Martin said sheriff's deputies recovered seven rifles, including .22-caliber weapons, shotguns and an M1 carbine, at the Dove Creek home of the 16-year-old, and three more weapons when the teens were arrested in New Mexico.

I guess the gun nuts on this thread will contend that if every high-school kid had a gun, they could defend themselves. I'm still waiting for a mass knife plot as they pretend can happen.
I posted about four people being stabbed to death in Alabama....perhaps you missed it?

As to the story,why are their often police officers stationed in schools now???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies