Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I don't think that he accomplished what he set out for.

I disagree with most all of his policies and did not vote for him (nor McCain), but he is our President, and I pray for success in his travels.

I am not one to cut my nose of to spite my face and do not hope for our President to fail on the world stage. He had several slip ups that I hope he learns from.
"He had several slip ups that I hope he learns from."

But those on the left will never admit this even when it comes from the liberal media..

And I too hope that he does well even if I do not agree with his give away America policies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Interesting snippet from another poll:
"Further examination most likely will find that the Republicans who approve of Obama are not solid members of the talk-radio-political culture that now dominates the GOP."

I listen to any of them, I can think for myself...

Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Uh-oh. Seems some are not very impressed with The One. What, exactly did he accomplish?

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Love it!! He has it exactly right.

Again; What did obama accomplish? Some good photo-ops? Images?
Glad you found something to make you happy today.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:14 AM

479 posts, read 660,833 times
The OP hit it on the head and you can count me as one who is will stand shoulder to shoulder with her. There are more like us than you can imagine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Remember back in 2003? Remember the uproar over this:

Pretty mild, huh? Boy, it was nice when we didn't have any hateful, anti-American traitors saying things about our President. I guess those days are gone.

Wake up, conservatives. The OP and others like her are killing your brand and your party. Do you really want to be associated with her and her ilk? If you love your country, I'd say it's time for a little denunciation.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:48 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Exclamation Another BooHoo thread, go figure!

The man has just gotten into office and has a few more years to show us what he's made of. McCain lost, the better man won, get over it. We were stupid enough to let that idiot Bush in for a second term and he and his cronies shot the whole country into a financial turmoil.

No matter who's in Office, there's alway going to be folks whining, crying and praying to thier God, "please help us Lord" .

All of his info comes from his heads of states, Military leaders, CIA, FBI, the cabinet and everyone else. Thats hows he makes his choices and decisions, just like every president before him.

If any of you think that you can do a better job, then you should have gotten into politics and ran for President. I still think and always will believe that those who are doing all the whining, crying and complaining are just plain prejudice, because he's not a W.A.S.P.

God Bless OUR President and his family. And I pray that the Good Lord will guide him and protect him all the rest of hid natural born days.

And I hope that HE brings this wonderful country of OURS back to her Glory once again. And all that speak against him, EAT THIER WORDS.

This statement is not aimed at any one person or persons.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Obama went to Europe and the Middle East primarily to repair our relationship with other countries.
And how exactly did he do that? By grovelling to the Europeans? By criticizing the US every chance he got? By bowing to the Saudi King?

Bowing and scraping will always be met with praise by those you are bowing and scraping to.

Have you actually read some of the garbage he said about his own country?

Obviously to obama, American exceptionalism is not to be tolerated, it is to be torn down.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Can you even list them??? Source them????
He made it very clear what he was after. As a bot, you should know this but I must keep reminding myself that you don't really "hear" what obama is spewing.

Many thousands of troops for Afghanistan; He got 5000 non-combat (3000 temporary) FAIL.

Big, massive, trillion(s) dollar spending spree by Europe to "stimulate" their economies (you know, spending tens of trillions you don't have, as obama as done here); Total rebuke by the Euros. FAIL.

We can see his leadership ineptitude when NK launched the missile. Total humiliation from the UN - with Russia and China refusing to even issue a letter of concern on the matter. And obama just took - bent right over and grabbed his ankles. Great leadership.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:17 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
we're no better than any other country.
I disagree, although Obama is doing his best to equalize us.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:24 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I disagree, although Obama is doing his best to equalize us.
And thats a good thing, We're all equal on this third planet from the sun.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
And thats a good thing, We're all equal on this third planet from the sun.
Were talking countries not individuals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies