Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM

413 posts, read 561,980 times

Advertisements

"As a senator, Obama backed immigration reform proposed by George Bush that sought tougher border controls and a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Republicans, however, refused to back Bush and killed the plan in 2007."

Storm Brews As Barack Obama Embarks on Pledge to Grant Citizenship to Illegal Immigrants

HELP STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.......MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD: What NumbersUSA Is All About | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels (http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/about/what-numbersusa-is-all-about.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 04:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
But that was a campaign promise of his and it got the Hispanic vote. He's following through on his promises. The majority of voters elected him and knew his platform so we must assume the majority of Americans that voted want them to become citizens as well.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But that was a campaign promise of his and it got the Hispanic vote. He's following through on his promises. The majority of voters elected him and knew his platform so we must assume the majority of Americans that voted want them to become citizens as well.
While the majority of legal hispanics and all of the illegal alien voters went to the polls in droves and voted for him based solely upon his hispandering and promise of amnesty, surely you don't believe that the majority of tax paying Americans vote for him or any other candidate based on ONE issue. There is no way that the majority of Americans voted for him because they wanted to continue to be perpetually overrun with 20+ million poverty stricken people who possess a 3rd grade education, who bring with them 3rd world birth rates, chain migration, spanish and a lifelong tax burden.

Unlike Americans of hispanic descent who may have voted for him based solely on his promise of amnesty for their illegal alien friends and family members, the majority of Americans are NOT one issue voters that support amnesty. While Obama was NOT my first choice (mainly because of his pro-amnesty/hispandering), I voted for him because I felt he was more qualified to be POTUS than John McCain.

For the record I do not support anything other than the continuance of massive raids and deportation, cutting off all tax payer funded social services, abolition of the 14th Amendment, sealing our southern border and posting armed forces at both of our borders 24-7.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-10-2009 at 04:52 PM..

Old 04-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
"As a senator, Obama backed immigration reform proposed by George Bush that sought tougher border controls and a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Republicans, however, refused to back Bush and killed the plan in 2007."

Storm Brews As Barack Obama Embarks on Pledge to Grant Citizenship to Illegal Immigrants

HELP STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.......MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD: What NumbersUSA Is All About | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels (http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/about/what-numbersusa-is-all-about.html - broken link)

Because it can't be said enough. Thanks, for posting it again.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 PM

JDubsMom, well what did you think Obama meant during his campaign days ?
He stated his platform and now he's following through.

My vote went elsewhere as I didn't agree with either Obama nor McCain campaign promises.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
JDubsMom, well what did you think Obama meant during his campaign days ?
He stated his platform and now he's following through.

My vote went elsewhere as I didn't agree with either Obama nor McCain campaign promises.
I AM NOT a one issue voter. I just stated that while he was NOT my first choice I voted for him based on other qualifications that he possessed. He is POTUS but he can only sign bills IF THEY REACH his desk. America is not a dictatorship, YET.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I AM NOT a one issue voter. I just stated that while he was NOT my first choice I voted for him based on other qualifications that he possessed. He is POTUS but he can only sign bills IF THEY REACH his desk. America is not a dictatorship, YET.
Well good luck with that. Pelosi is in favor relaxed immigration rules so I think Congress can be swayed to side with the President.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:17 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,701,504 times
There goes more jobs taken away from American Citizens! Yes change you can believe in.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Well good luck with that. Pelosi is in favor relaxed immigration rules so I think Congress can be swayed to side with the President.
So is Harry Reid, both of whom can only vote once. There are plenty of blue dog democrats who played a huge role in stopping the last proposed amnesty. IMHO this is nothing more than Obama grandstanding to appease the ethnocentric racists. It has already been stated by various media outlets that Obama has stated it is simply the beginning of discussions and nothing will be resolved this year. It's up to the American people to let their voices be heard.

That being said, we will agree to disagree. To do otherwise would amount to perpetually beating a dead horse.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-10-2009 at 05:57 PM..

Old 04-10-2009, 05:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Let's see...

Round up 12 million illegal aliens.

Recognize the fact that is impractical, point-less and will be completely disruptive of many a stable hard working family.

Seems to me that the anti-amnesty crowd like to close gates after the cows get out of the pasture.

Grant citizenship, but make securing the border a higher priority against future illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies