Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 05:49 PM

52 posts, read 215,584 times

Advertisements

How does everyone feel about our glorious president wanting to cut our military spending while bowing and butt kissing to every foriegn diplomat on the planet? I've never seen a marine with an M16 bow to anyone last time I checked? And he wants the military to change their vow of allegance from to the USA to him? How grand can his ego be? He expects it on a silver platter and expects it NOW!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 05:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
You have a link for that statement ?

Old 04-10-2009, 05:53 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Obama is a pushover. Many countries will figure out how weak his is and will test our resolve.

I can see Russia & China continuing to evolve into a stronger world power than the US due a lot to his weakness. Countries like Iran will push hard.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:56 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Bush and the neocons destroyed our economy, our reputation, and tried to destroy our military in their insane quest for control of Iraq's oil industry using American troops as moving targets in unarmored Humvee's for IED's, that went off daily, wounding, killing and maiming U.S. soldiers daily.

And they lied to get the soldiers there, everyday, for over a year after the worst terrorist attack in United States history.

All of these actions are inexcusable to thinking people who dont believe propaganda.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:56 PM

52 posts, read 215,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

It's all over the net.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappyIleft View Post
How does everyone feel about our glorious president wanting to cut our military spending while bowing and butt kissing to every foriegn diplomat on the planet? I've never seen a marine with an M16 bow to anyone last time I checked? And he wants the military to change their vow of allegance from to the USA to him? How grand can his ego be? He expects it on a silver platter and expects it NOW!!!
The last time I looked, a Marine was not a diplomat, they are Marines. And if I remember my history, lots of our Presidentd bowed to thier Diplomatic counterparts.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
It's all over the net.
The OP also made this statement:
"And he wants the military to change their vow of allegance from to the USA to him? "

I'd like to see a link to that "fact". I've read about the military spending.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:01 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
In other words, by retooling the Pentagon, Obama and Gates plan to move a lot of money around, but they also plan to increase the overall defense budget. In the final year of the Bush administration (and excluding the costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan) the defense budget was $513 billion. In FY 2010, if Gates and Obama get their way, it will be $534 billion--$534 billion that will be spent much differently than last year's outlays were.

Media Reports Major Defense Budget Cuts As Obama Proposes Increase In Defense Budget | TPMDC

The Obama administration has given the Pentagon a $527 billion limit, excluding war costs, for its fiscal 2010 defense budget, an official with the White House’s Office of Management and Budget said Monday.

If enacted, that would be an 8 percent increase from the $487.7 billion allocated for fiscal 2009, and it would match what the Bush administration estimated last year for the Pentagon in fiscal 2010.

So Obama proposes that the U.S. spend $40 billion more this year than it spent last year.

The "defense cut" falsehood from The Washington Post and Robert Kagan - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Old 04-10-2009, 06:03 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sounds more like an opinion than a statement.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Cuts in military spending occur from time-to-time and some of it is necessary. Miscellaneous greetings and mutual displays of respect including bowing (although Obama's bow that is all the talk right now was lower than I thought necessary), shaking hands, hugging, etc. are a normal part of diplomatic protocol. Some of the elements of diplomatic protocol seem silly to me and are no better than a dog and pony show. With that said, you'll never see a Marine doing such a thing because said Marine is not a diplomat and there are no expectations that he has to conduct himself like one. I have not heard about any of the other stuff you stated...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies