Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever smoked weed before? Should it be lagalized?
Smoked it 55 47.41%
Never smoked it 30 25.86%
It should be legal 80 68.97%
It should stay illegal 25 21.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 PM

306 posts, read 475,668 times

Advertisements

Lets star a discussion on the legalization of mary jane in inner city centers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 12:12 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,679,510 times
Weeds illegal?

Old 04-11-2009, 12:16 AM

567 posts, read 1,445,685 times
i voted for "it should be legal". there are alot of misconceptions about marijuana. most of the negativity you here has already been disproven. marijuana doesn't kill brain cells (ironically, science is now showing it promotes brain cell growth) and it doesn't cause cancer (national cancer institute actually promotes marijuana). you see people? if no one believes me, i have plenty of links.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:18 AM

306 posts, read 475,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK94 View Post
i voted for "it should be legal". there are alot of misconceptions about marijuana. most of the negativity you here has already been disproven. marijuana doesn't kill brain cells (ironically, science is now showing it promotes brain cell growth) and it doesn't cause cancer (national cancer institute actually promotes marijuana). you see people? if no one believes me, i have plenty of links.
Legit. I think most people who hate it are just sheltered conservative soccer moms who don't know anything about it and have wrong misconceptions about it.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 AM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,845 times
There was a study... I wish I had a link now to show some hard evidence... But it was a sound scientific/medical study that followed tobacco-only smokers and smokers of both tobacco and marijuana and found that those who smoked both tobacco AND marijuana had a similar lung cancer rate to NON-smokers... WAY less than those who smoked tobacco alone.

I personally don't smoke anything because I like my lungs pink, but I do enjoy a drink now and then. And I will still say that alcohol is way worse than M.J. Driving stoned is much less dangerous than driving drunk and marijuana tends to mellow people out whereas alcohol makes some people more aggressive. Not to mention the effects that alcohol has on your liver, heart, and brain. Alcohol and tobacco are also physically addictive, whereas marijuana is only psychologically addictive in certain people (just like sex, gambling, roller coasters, etc). If alcohol and tobacco are legal, then there is no reason why marijuana should be illegal since it isn't any worse for you than alcohol or tobacco.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:49 AM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,845 times
Forgot to mention that something like 60+% of drug-related gang activity is due to marijuana. Plus if the government taxed it... Bam. More tax money and less gang problems.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:40 AM

188 posts, read 520,776 times
Where's the option for 'Don't care either way'?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:23 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
I've smoked but never got into it. I have no problem with it being legalized, especially for medicinal purposes.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXperson View Post
Where's the option for 'Don't care either way'?
I agree. I've never smoked it so I don't care if it's legal or not.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 AM

508 posts, read 1,511,985 times
I think about the resources and money we dedicate to fighting the war on pot and laugh. What a joke IMO.

It would interesting to know/read the history of the illegaliztion of pot and what the original diagnosis of it was back when the law was passed. Probably pretty outdated like a lot of our original assumptions.

I don't smoke but I don't want to pay the taxes needed to keep weed off the streets via law enforcement. It's not like some stoner is hiding in the weeds ready to take me out or behind the wheel of a car ready to smash into me. He/she is probably just hanging out and eating pizza so I think I'm safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies