Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 4/18/2009, Honorable Sarah Palin would make an amazing American president.
I agree. 11 21.57%
I disagree. 40 78.43%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:41 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,800,602 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin Suffers Massive Political Fallout from Her Latest Nutcase Nominee | | AlterNet

Quote:
In March, Palin nominated Wayne Anthony Ross for attorney general. Ross, a colorful far-right lawyer and longtime Palin ally who sports his initials, W.A.R., on his Hummer’s vanity plates, was once considered a shoo-in for confirmation. However, his nomination was thrown into grave peril when his opponents presented evidence that he called homosexuals “degenerates,” hailed the “courage” of a student who lionized the Ku Klux Klan, vowed to undermine the sovereignty of Native American tribes, and allegedly defended men who rape their wives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 01:42 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,255,601 times
"Palin plans to attend events in Indiana that include a breakfast with S.M.I.L.E., a nonprofit support organization for people with family members who have Down syndrome."

And this is what the democrats are complaining about?????????

Old 04-14-2009, 01:49 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,257,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Wow, attending an event to support treatment of persons with Downs Syndrome. How irresponsible!
Apparently this main point was lost in the 'I don't know enough about politics to start a meaningful thread topic' hate fest.

Thanks for posting it.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:04 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,520,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Thank you very much for updating the forum on what a horrible choice the repubs made in their VP candidate....she's throwing aside her job to attend an UNECESSARY event. She would've done this as VP,too....

I think since some have talked of DivaDope running again in 2012 it's a good idea to see what she's up to...or down to.
It also is nice to remind them, when they whine and lie about Obama/Biden, what THEY wanted in office

Kinda like Obama at a basketball game throwing back a few beers?

Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Kinda like Obama at a basketball game throwing back a few beers?
I think I'm starting to understand what Dukester is doing. You know how many threads come up every day about the Obama's, such as the one you're referring to, or perhaps threads about starting a vegetable garden, their dog, Michelle's style of dress, etc. You know, threads that are useless? I think Dukester got fed up & is giving a taste of their own medicine.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:12 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,892,599 times
I think you give Dukey too much credit....

I go with the logical idea that this poster has a Palin fetish.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:12 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,215,123 times
As I recall Palin went about screaming her head off about oppossing this Stimulus money, claiming there were "strings" attached that would harm Alaska down the road...

If she is opposed to this legislation then why isn't she staying and fighting the good fight right to the vote? That is what she should be doing, meeting with legislative members and others who would be impacted by the legislation.

No, she is running because it is has been disclosed THIS WEEK that her claims of "strings" doesn't exist........ All of her amateur bellicose rants in the media are bogus. The fight she pretended doesn't exist and she is nothing but a "Bag of Hot Air".... How does that look for the "Future" leader of the GOP?

Old 04-14-2009, 02:15 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,520,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I think I'm starting to understand what Dukester is doing. You know how many threads come up every day about the Obama's, such as the one you're referring to, or perhaps threads about starting a vegetable garden, their dog, Michelle's style of dress, etc. You know, threads that are useless? I think Dukester got fed up & is giving a taste of their own medicine.

He's not that smart.

Plus he alone exceeds all of the threads started by the right-wing nutjobs.

But since you didnt answer I take it you agree that Obama put his job aside so he can go chug beers at a basketball game.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
He's not that smart.

Plus he alone exceeds all of the threads started by the right-wing nutjobs.

But since you didnt answer I take it you agree that Obama put his job aside so he can go chug beers at a basketball game.
I didn't answer what? And no, I had no problem w/him going to a game.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:16 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,725,530 times
Several comments about not living in Alaska and having a negative opinion of Sarah Palin. Since when do we have to be residents to have opinions on politicians, or anyone for that matter? How many Alaskans can say they know her? How many can say the state is way better off because of her? All I need to do to have my negative opinion is to listen to her simplistic shtick and then read about how much pork barrel $$$ goes to her state. Don't ya know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies