Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 4/18/2009, Honorable Sarah Palin would make an amazing American president.
I agree. 11 21.57%
I disagree. 40 78.43%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:31 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
I MUST vote with you guys. Palin Paranoia in Progressives, the PPP syndrome.

Make it four who is amused by the fear of the "progressives".
Fear? Surely you jest... Stupidity, Ignorance and cannot forget NutJob comes to mind. Fear, ahhhhhhh not so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 10:32 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
The GOP will go with tired old retread Newt The Driller for a major June fund-raising dinner, dumping Sarah Palin from the keynote speaker role. How sad is that; Newt is the best they got for a key party event.

Could it be the deep pockets crowd won't shell out big bucks for more of loser Sarah's craptacular moose pooh? You betcha!

Is the GOP dead, or what.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
The GOP confirmed and published who the speaker would be two weeks before they 'disinvited' her. The only misunderstanding is on the part of Palin and her handlers. They truly believe they can say and do whatever today and tomorrow they can completely contradict theyselves and no one will notice. I think that her cancellation of this gig and similar ones,
Quote:

Palin withdrew at the last moment from speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference meeting in Washington earlier this year
is indicative of her handlers growing awareness that this woman lacks the knowledge, experience, sophistication and support of the American people. Their plan, IMHO, is to only have her speak before venues of like persons. Does HeeHaw have any openings for 'keynote' speaker?

This statement causes me to shake my head and think, 'What took you so long!'

Quote:
The decision to book Gingrich instead of Palin seems to be indicative of growing discontent in the party with the Alaska governor and her potential ability to lead the GOP.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
yes the GOP has found leadership in Michael "hiphop" Steele who thinks Obama has a thing for him. As for dumping Palin well it goes back to my old adage "the Republicans eat their own!" CHOMP!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Fear? Surely you jest... Stupidity, Ignorance and cannot forget NutJob comes to mind. Fear, ahhhhhhh not so much!
YES FEAR!! Otherwise you leftwingnuts would let the subject drop. If Palin is so "stupid, ignorant", and "NutJob", why do you care to broach the subject.

FEAR!??! Yep. Has to be.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:02 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Republicans Disinvite Palin From Major Fundraiser, Trash Her In Private

WASHINGTON — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is out, and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is in as keynote speaker at a Republican dinner this spring.

A GOP official trashed Palin to Fox News and insisted that her camp wasn't telling the truth. "She was a disaster," the source said. "We had confirmation."

Republicans Disinvite Palin From Major Fundraiser, Trash Her In Private

Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Dude...you ought to get some help in getting over your obsession with the woman. I mean....I know she looks good and all...but geez. You're really kind of obsessed with her.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Default Slapstick - Humor Value

Quote:
YES FEAR!! Otherwise you leftwingnuts would let the subject drop. If Palin is so "stupid, ignorant", and "NutJob", why do you care to broach the subject.

FEAR!??! Yep. Has to be.
I disagree with this statement on so many levels.
It's plain old humor and disbelief at her arrogance and stupidity, and of course the hypocrisy.

It's almost slapstick.

That's all, you're reading way too much into the comments.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:00 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I disagree with this statement on so many levels.
It's plain old humor and disbelief at her arrogance and stupidity, and of course the hypocrisy.

It's almost slapstick.

That's all, you're reading way too much into the comments.
Just gave you a Rep Chielgirl, you are spot on. And the belief in her twisted little mind that she has a snow balls chance in hell in 2012

Old 04-02-2009, 12:08 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'll trash faux news as long as it exists.
Did you get my point?
And I'll trash MSNBC as long as it exits. Does that make me right and you wrong? Do you get my point?

PS. My point is to never, ever trust one single political viewpoint.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:

FEAR!??! Yep. Has to be.
Are you explaining the unrelentin attacks on Obama? Seems like the right attacks him on everything from the grey in his hair to the use of a teleprompter.

Fear....It must be fear!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies