Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 4/18/2009, Honorable Sarah Palin would make an amazing American president.
I agree. 11 21.57%
I disagree. 40 78.43%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:55 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh like flying around still campaigning after you won the election.
I guess Palin just doesn't want to give up!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 04:07 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
72 hours left in this Legislation session of which she will be gone 36 hours which has several issues pending; the most important to the legislators is the stimulus money. Oh, and you forgot the Right to Life dinner she'll be attending the night before the S.M.I.L.E. breakfast.

BB game is 3 hours. Can you not give the man 3 hours? Oops, forgot to whom I was responding! IMPEACH OBAMA!!! He went to a 3 hour BB game and had a beer!!!! OMG!!!!
Since when does the Governor need to be present for the legislature to function? Maybe you should go back to 8th grade and finish your civics education, because it is obviously lacking.

As far as our Affirmative Action President is concerned, he is just another Democrat substance abuser following in the footsteps of the boozer Ted Kennedy. But that is nothing new. It is a damn good thing the Secret Service drives Obama around, or there would be grounds for impeachment.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:07 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Siouxcia originally said:

WOW!!! I'm appalled!! [End Quote]

When I found out he was a regular guy and not the messiah, I was truly upset also.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
That IS shocking....you give Obama a pass....

I imagine being POTUS allows you plenty of free time....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Isn't it funny how the repubs want everyone to shut up about Palin but seem to want to keep the thread going defending her
Why defend someone who doesn't matter anymore?????
And did you notice how rude and insulting they get....just like PALIN!!!
Thankyou

Thankyou

Thankyou!
And again, thank you

Old 04-14-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Did you forget about the huge number of native Alaskan tribes? They don't take too kindly to folks in the lower-48. Palin may be well-versed in minority relations.

List of Alaska Native tribal entities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nope she is not or is she is doesn't care. I already posted a link to what the Alaskan Natives think of Wailin's choice for AG. I live on an island that is more than 99% Alaskan Native and I bear witness that the people here depend greatly on subsistence from hunting and fishing. Hunting and fishing are not a hobby or a sport, they are a survival necessity.

This is part of what former Chief of the Arctic Neetsaii Gwich'in tribe and the current Executive Director of Native Movement, Evon Peter wrote(read the piece, not just this post),
OpEdNews » Alaska Natives On Palin

Quote:
Alaska Native peoples are among the only indigenous peoples in all of North America who's Indigenous Hunting and Fishing Rights have been extinguished by federal legislation and yet we are the most dependent people on this way of life.

As Alaska Governor, Palin has continued the path of her predecessor Frank Murkowski in challenging attempts by Alaska Native people to regain their human right to their traditional way of life through subsistence.

The colonial mentality in and towards Alaska is to exploit the land and resources for profits and power, at the expense of Alaska Native people.

Governor Palin reflects this attitude and perception in her words and leadership.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Palin may be well-versed in minority relations.
Or not.

The Dutch Harbor Fisherman - AFN: Ross unfit to be attorney general

Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Since when does the Governor need to be present for the legislature to function? Maybe you should go back to 8th grade and finish your civics education, because it is obviously lacking.
Tell that to the Legislators who are pissed that she's going to be gone! I do have two advanced degrees so in that I believe you're the one who is lacking. Any decision made by the Legislators regarding the stimulus money can be vetoed by ol' Walin'. It's my understanding they want to make decisions with her input so there will be no veto. Got it or should I use single syllable words?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:14 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Tell that to the Legislators who are pissed that she's going to be gone! I do have two advanced degrees so in that I believe you're the one who is lacking. Any decision made by the Legislators regarding the stimulus money can be vetoed by ol' Walin'. It's my understanding they want to make decisions with her input so there will be no veto. Got it or should I use single syllable words?
Let me guess what your two degrees are in - Fahrenheit & Celsius, right? It obviously wasn't in Political Science considering you think the legislature is unable to function without the Governor being present.

Before posting more lies about subsistence you should get a clue and read the Alaska State Constitution. First, there are no sovereign tribes in Alaska. Second, the state constitution guarantees every Alaskan equal access to Alaska's resources. If that gets too difficult for you to comprehend, try the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, where all laws are to be applied equally to everyone.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Let me guess what your two degrees are in - Fahrenheit & Celsius, right? It obviously wasn't in Political Science considering you think the legislature is unable to function without the Governor being present.

Before posting more lies about subsistence you should get a clue and read the Alaska State Constitution. First, there are no sovereign tribes in Alaska. Second, the state constitution guarantees every Alaskan equal access to Alaska's resources. If that gets too difficult for you to comprehend, try the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, where all laws are to be applied equally to everyone.
Nope. Hint about the first, you would need to raise your hand before you could speak in my presence. I left that field for my current profession. Here's a hint about that one, I can prescribe the medication you may need.

Now, where did I state the legislature can't function without the Governor?

I have never posted that there was a sovereign tribe or tribes in Alaska and I didn't post 'lies' about subsistence. I posted statements written by former Chief of the Arctic Neetsaii Gwich'in tribe and the current Executive Director of Native Movement, Evon Peter. And, I posted my direct observation about subsistence here in SE Alaska.

You really should read what I post before calling me a liar. It only makes you look foolish when you don't.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Nope. Hint about the first, you would need to raise your hand before you could speak in my presence. I left that field for my current profession. Here's a hint about that one, I can prescribe the medication you may need.

Now, where did I state the legislature can't function without the Governor?
Thats where the arrogance comes from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies