Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,885,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
gay marriage is two consenting adults, is the 13 year old in your example consenting also?
Yes, Nea1, the 13 yr old is consenting. That's what's on the table in my example. Go back and read all my posts from today....only maybe 4 total. I'm asking a question and, so far, no one has answered it.

(Maybe it's the way I'm asking, but I'd love your thoughts if you go back and read ALL my posts from today. Thanks!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 08:44 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,906,428 times
a deviant social behavior in the pschiatric, psychological manual of mental illnesses, until the early 70s when it was taken out NOT by scientific debate and peer review and scientific method but my pressure from the gay activism.

and what about treatment, no one was talking about treatment? but we do try and treat them in the faith based world with religious psychologists

Old 04-26-2007, 08:45 AM

i dont see any Clinton jokes, what are you talking about?

Old 04-26-2007, 08:48 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
thank you Nea1, thats what I said, why are you bringing me into a discussion with you, since yesterday you were asking me why I was bringing you into my discussion. If you dont want me talking to you, why are you posting directly to me?
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I dont mind you talking to me or posting to me, but in your post to GIZ you talked about ME!!!!! It wasnt to ME!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 AM

i dont know who you are asking about Episcopal church, i dont see anyone saying anythign about them and no not all of them are doing it but the ones who are going against the word of God and should be kicked out if they do not repent(and fellow believers--if they are believers, should know that the bible is clear about chastising your brothers and sisters in the faith when they go against the teachings of Christ and his word.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
i dont see any Clinton jokes, what are you talking about?

I just meant that when I mentioned I didn't view most politicians as great moral compasses I could live without more BillBashing as he's far from the only offender

Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Yes, Nea1, the 13 yr old is consenting. That's what's on the table in my example. Go back and read all my posts from today....only maybe 4 total. I'm asking a question and, so far, no one has answered it.

(Maybe it's the way I'm asking, but I'd love your thoughts if you go back and read ALL my posts from today. Thanks!)
Sorry didnt read all the posts. No I dont think the age should be lowered. 13 isnt old enough to make that kind of decision. But that really isnt a fair example since gay marriage is between two consenting adults, not kids.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
a deviant social behavior in the pschiatric, psychological manual of mental illnesses, until the early 70s when it was taken out NOT by scientific debate and peer review and scientific method but my pressure from the gay activism.

That's assuming it ever belonged in the manual of mental illnesses to begin with, that's a pretty big assumption.

19,198 posts, read 31,470,227 times
Maybe we should just put the whole matter to rest by banning marriage between heterosexuals as well. Instant equality. And the divorce rate would plummet (take that, you liberal judges and lawyers), the incidence of spousal abuse would be slashed (more time for cops to work on real crimes...like picking strawberries without a license), and real men could maybe get some control over their own money back instead of seeing it all go for new pairs of cute shoes. I see a world of potential good to come from this...let's all start working for a ban on heterosexual marriage today!

Nea1 i dont know what your fight is about, i am here to discuss things and not fight but it seems others think that discussion is about "I hate your opinion so I am going to Hate you and tell you your opinion is wrong". All I am saying is, I believe and have opinions and you and others have opposing ones--no problem for me as long as we understand that discussions doesnt mean that we are going to force others to believe as we do--if they do that would be great, but fighting to win some debate is futile when their are opinions and beliefs"

If I post to you or you to me, or i say one thing about something you may have said, doesnt mean i am bringing you into anything, maybe i am praising you or agreeing with you. but if you wish me not to then cool, but I would ask that you dont post to me either or mention my name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies