Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:14 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,950,930 times

Advertisements

I don't know why this is surprising. I have seen posts on this forum wishing that our president was assasinated. (These are the only posts I have ever reported) because they actually advocated the death of someone. Thankfully, most of us are adults and have some boundaries on CD.

As for YouTube, most of the posters ARE 12 year olds and I can't believe the comments i read there. It's incredible. You can't look up the most innocent of songs, etc. without weeding through profanity-laced, sexually inappropriate comments that would be offensive to almost anyone except a hormone-driven 12 year old who found a way to publicly express himself without any parental interference. I have seen quite a few comments suggesting people off themselves and in very descriptive terms.

Just spend some time surfing YouTube. It almost makes me think that freedom of speech might not be all that great of a concept after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 12:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Disgusting. God never said it would be easy to be a Christian. The anti-religious will get their's in due time.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
That wasn't the OP's point. The OP was decrying the treatment of a "12 year-old".
Your really off base here, if the posters on youtube believe the one decrying the gays is 12 years old, then the criticism of those responding is fair game.

Its no different then, I thought she was 18, but turned out she was only 12, its the act that makes it wrong, and calling suggesting that someone you believe to be 12 to kill themself, regardless as their true age, is intolerant..

Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,352,566 times
What did you expect?

A public forum (you-tube), is going to get a public response. (many times based on other comments or just the title of the video - you don't have to watch to comment).

It's as American as American Idol or the National Inquirer - watch me, judge me, praise me, embarrass me.

12 or 102, you've open the door, for those that agree, disagree or just want to be Simon.

But, why are they there if they are 12?

You-tube Ability to Accept Terms of Service

You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the YouTube Website is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the YouTube Website. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.

Last edited by plannine; 04-12-2009 at 02:06 PM..

Old 04-12-2009, 02:05 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,352,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Oh, well.

Not going to say what I want to say.

Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do..........wish more would.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:06 PM

668 posts, read 2,189,108 times
Its no worse than the Protestant and Catholics in Ireland when they showed on the News that they were cursing young children and scaring the poor kids to death as they walked (with a Parent or Guardian) to school!!! It was simply terrifying for a child to have an adult in ther face shouting awful foul things to the Parents and children and they, the innocents were on the recieving end of it.

I too have found that the most intolerant are those who hate any type of Religion because it interferes with thier 'lifestyle'! They dont want to be brought to task about the way they are living and chastizing a child for his Christian beliefs...Well, what do you expect from those who are probably destined for HELL anyways??? He is trying to speak to them in his own way, and express his beliefs as he sees them, yet, no one wants to listen or be told that what they are doing is 'wrong'...so, they abuse this young child in the worst ways... Loving adults we would probably call them in any other situation, but, due to the annonymatie (sp) of the Internet, all sorts of wackos can voice thier opinion and nothing is done about it... Shame...

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 04-12-2009, 03:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
What did you expect?

A public forum (you-tube), is going to get a public response. (many times based on other comments or just the title of the video - you don't have to watch to comment).

It's as American as American Idol or the National Inquirer - watch me, judge me, praise me, embarrass me.

12 or 102, you've open the door, for those that agree, disagree or just want to be Simon.

But, why are they there if they are 12?

You-tube Ability to Accept Terms of Service

You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the YouTube Website is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the YouTube Website. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.

Agree.

Yes - if he's 12 and as naive as he appears to be, what's he doing on there? Where are his parents?

wnd says, "His 13 videos have become a YouTube sensation, approaching 1 million hits over the last four weeks." But his channel only has 4000+ hits? Is wnd lying again? Surely not. Maybe Im misreading somehow. Is it possible to reset hits, and posting dates?

Old 04-12-2009, 03:33 PM

33 posts, read 49,674 times
It's a shame that anyone would tell another person to go off and commit suicide. A person has a right to their opinion, whether you agree with it or not. You have the right to protest it, but the use of violence, whether it be physical, emotional, or both is just horrid and wrong.

For anyone to say it was Christian's doing is wrong as well. I am not Christian nor any other religion including Atheist. Christians are only part of one religion, when there are many other religions that are much more violent such as Islam, in some cases. So don't blame it on Christians, or anyone else, unless you know for a fact that each and every perpetrator was a Christian.

Finally, people may have the right to speak their mind and hold their own opinions, but when people shove their opinions down other people's throats, it has crossed the line. Don't preach people your religion, and you won't be looked down on. You're not "saving" anyone, you're just annoying the heck out of them. IMO, God created religion in the first place, but humans just messed it up and molded it into what they wanted and not what god intended.

It's a shame that in this world and culture, nobody can speak their mind without risking their lives.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:33 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,886,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Agree.

Yes - if he's 12 and as naive as he appears to be, what's he doing on there? Where are his parents?

wnd says, "His 13 videos have become a YouTube sensation, approaching 1 million hits over the last four weeks." But his channel only has 4000+ hits? Is wnd lying again? Surely not. Maybe Im misreading somehow. Is it possible to reset hits, and posting dates?
Thank you for succinctly saying what i could not. Alas, it will still go over the lemmings' heads.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Thank you for succinctly saying what i could not. Alas, it will still go over the lemmings' heads.
Thanks - plannine said it right for both of us I think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies