Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Conservatives want it all or nothing. A compromise is a loss. I'm sorry, but most displays of so-called conservatism have been nothing more than a corporate version of christianity demanding that the whole world assimilate to their protocol. Pro life is protecting unborn but cheering on an out of control president in his getting thousands of innocent Iraqis killed and tortured. To prosper is to give unabated permission to corporations to poison the water, environment, and economy for the greed of a few. Yes, I hope this policy fails because if it does, God's earth will survive.

The Washington Monthly
Yeah they want more babies available for their satanic sacrifices, most of them are devil worshippers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 08:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
The problem may be that entire segments of our country think that a culture war is going on. It's not a "war". All culture is always transitioning. There is always a range of acceptable behavior. There are always people resisting change, always people trying to narrow the range of acceptable behavior. And there are are always people pushing for more change, always people trying to expand the range of acceptable behavior. The limiters and the expanders are minorities. The majority of people fall into the center, but benefit from the debate by gaining an understanding of both viewpoints. So it's not a "war", it's a continuing debate that will never have any absolute conclusions. And the people on either extreme side will always feel like they are losing. But they only lose if they give up. The point isn't to actually control culture, it's to have a voice.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:56 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally posted by denverian
Her you go: James Dobson - dKosopedia

In his June 2002 Focus on the Family newsletter Dobson endorses advice by Dr. Nicolosi on preventing homosexuality in boys. The advice proposed that fathers take their sons into the shower with them where "the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger".
wow....I'm speechless.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:25 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
....."the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger".
....which begs the question - how does Dobson know? Experience, perhaps? Afterall, dad-son showers are not exactly discussed in such detail everywhere.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:17 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
....which begs the question - how does Dobson know? Experience, perhaps? Afterall, dad-son showers are not exactly discussed in such detail everywhere.
I think Dobson's "adopted" son is Rev Ted, and we know how THAT turned out.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:04 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike from back east View Post
i think dobson's "adopted" son is rev ted, and we know how that turned out.
ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:18 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I think Dobson's "adopted" son is Rev Ted, and we know how THAT turned out.
Ditto

Old 04-14-2009, 02:59 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I totally agree. I left a church because of the liberal politics that it brought to the pulpit. I guess you would be ok with that though. I don't like any damn politics brought into any church.
The point is not which political party would get in bed with them, but the fact that religion itself becomes perverted and disgraced the moment politics is in bed with them at all. Left, right, or the middle... it's 100% wrong.

Nobody in this thread has to endorse me for having faith. It would be nice to see a little respect going on for my right to practice my faith, but like muslim extremists p*ssing on their own religion, america has it's own brand of yahoo idiots giving christianity a black eye. People like myself have to listen to BS bashing because of what these individuals have taken upon themselves to do at the behest of their leadership, but hiding like cowards behind my skirt.

I want all to see the real difference between real christians who walk their talk in their own lives and those who mean to meddle with power grab elitism. They'd rather elect hitler than allow anyone to excercise free will (and personal responsibility) as god intended. That is the evil Dobson himself cannot see in the cesspool of his own making. It's still everyone else's fault, not his, not this rotten thinking they've got going on. They hide behind the bible but they won't live it out themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil
Quote:
Evil is that which keeps one from discovering the nature of God. Choices that are made between Good and Evil, Right and Wrong, Truth or Falsehood are those things that allow us to understand who God is. Those that, through Force or Deception, steal away this ability to make these choices, are taking away our ability to know God. This is evil. Temptation is the constant desire to "Force" others to do what we want and go where we would like. Satan personifies this "Force." Good persuades, learns and adapts. Evil forces, lies, and demands.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:21 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IIRC - didn't Christ try to throw the money changers out of his religions principal church?
The only act of violence Jesus ever committed was just that, and it led to the justification of his conviction and execution. Sit down for a chat with higher echelon clergy lamenting the money changers in house. That burns them out even more than the actual congregation. The difference between priests green behind the ears fresh out of seminary school and the old timers are the rites of passage of fund raising techniques and steering the flock toward an agenda. You won't get promoted until you drink deeply of that cup, walk that talk, and master manipulation. Seminary school graduates are thin, and that good old boy network mentality wasn't something even Pope John Paul could get under control. I wish he had. I doubt I'll see another like him in my lifetime.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:41 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I totally agree. I left a church because of the liberal politics that it brought to the pulpit. I guess you would be ok with that though. I don't like any damn politics brought into any church.
A church that brings liberal politics to the pulpit? What? In America? You mean there's a church in America that doesn't preach conservatism? Maybe I can believe it. Where is this outcast church?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies