Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 PM

284 posts, read 695,022 times

Advertisements

Has anyone on the left finally came to realize that obama is really not the savior YOU guys thought he was. Or at least finally doubted him once. OR just realized he is just another dirty politician which he claimed he wasn't.

I mean he went back on his word like so many times.

has anyone else noticed that in his speeches he is not even moving anymore.
And even though i do not like him i used to love hearing him speak. Now when he speaks it is like why am i watching him he is going to lie anyway.

I know people will hate me for pointing out this info but it is true and truth hurts sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 11:33 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,262,242 times
The word "messiah," as applied to Obama, was invented by the right wing. Nobody I know who voted for Obama thinks, or ever thought, of him as a "messiah." Sorry you're disappointed.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The word "messiah," as applied to Obama, was invented by the right wing. Nobody I know who voted for Obama thinks, or ever thought, of him as a "messiah." Sorry you're disappointed.
Yea the right put that name there but look at how people were acting during the election. Do u remember cause i do.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:38 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,633,516 times
Quote:
Exactly - people being excited doesn't mean that they equated him to being any kind of Messiah. I have never heard any of his supporters refer to him as such.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:39 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,697,332 times
Quote:
Well, when the media reports about his "pecks glistening in the Oahu sun" and Chris Matthew admits to "getting a tingle" every time Barry opens his mouth, and videos of adoring fans calling him "The One" and saying that they don't have to pay their mortgage and fill their gas tank anymore, you gotta admit, the messianic adoration does exist. I mean, I hope you can be intellectually honest about that; I think you can from reading some of your posts.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Exactly - people being excited doesn't mean that they equated him to being any kind of Messiah. I have never heard any of his supporters refer to him as such.
Ok like i did not say that people viewed him as a messiah i said savior.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Well, when the media reports about his "pecks glistening in the Oahu sun" and Chris Matthew admits to "getting a tingle" every time Barry opens his mouth, and videos of adoring fans calling him "The One" and saying that they don't have to pay their mortgage and fill their gas tank anymore, you gotta admit, the messianic adoration does exist. I mean, I hope you can be intellectually honest about that; I think you can from reading some of your posts.
Frankly, early on in the campaign, I was put off by all that adoration. I'm too old to buy into adoring anybody. Over time, however, I came to a couple of realizations:

1) Obama can't really be held responsible for the reactions of people who put all their hopes in his candidacy;
2) That reaction was probably an overdetermined response to a very real exhaustion with the Bush years, and a very real fear that the nation's security was at risk with a McCain/Palin administration;
3) A close acquaintance of mine is actually a longtime friend of Obama's, and I asked for his opinion, told him to give the Obama story to me straight. His response was that Obama has more integrity than just about anybody he's ever met or worked with. Since my acquaintance is a person of unimpeachable integrity, and I trust his honesty, I saw no reason not to believe him where Obama is concerned.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,633,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
Ok like i did not say that people viewed him as a messiah i said savior.
That sounds like a term that was created from the Messiah crowd.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,697,332 times
Quote:
Frankly, early on in the campaign, I was put off by all that adoration. I'm too old to buy into adoring anybody. Over time, however, I came to a couple of realizations:

1) Obama can't really be held responsible for the reactions of people who put all their hopes in his candidacy;
2) That reaction was probably an overdetermined response to a very real exhaustion with the Bush years, and a very real fear that the nation's security was at risk with a McCain/Palin administration;
3) A close acquaintance of mine is actually a longtime friend of Obama's, and I asked for his opinion, told him to give the Obama story to me straight. His response was that Obama has more integrity than just about anybody he's ever met or worked with. Since my acquaintance is a person of unimpeachable integrity, and I trust his honesty, I saw no reason not to believe him where Obama is concerned.
I was right with you, until #3. Less than 100 days in office and he's broken numerous campaign promises.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I was right with you, until #3. Less than 100 days in office and he's broken numerous campaign promises.
Of course he's broken campaign promises. Every President does. Anybody who believes that a Presidential candidate will keep every campaign promise is living in an ideal world. Every new President, once in D.C., is confronted with the reality of political compromise and the need to prioritize according to a timeline. That's what Obama's had to do. It's not a biggie in my book. On the contrary, it's to be expected. Especially when the opposing party has had a mental breakdown for the first time in the history of the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies