Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:14 PM

74 posts, read 234,551 times

Advertisements

Delanyland,
See what I mean.........?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 10:28 PM

806 posts, read 2,883,614 times
Wait until you're subjected to the same "random" frisk and search then share your opinion.
For 15 years, I came and went as I pleased at practically EVERY airport around the world. In the past five, I've been subjected to more "random" selection searches than in the previous 15. I'll let you imagine what the reason is...
While I understand the need for vigilance, it's gotten to the point that a six hour drive is preferable to the nonsense at the airport, and I used to have a policy that 100 miles is too far to drive...

Old 04-04-2007, 10:41 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVIN-n-012 View Post
Delaneyland, My comment was not directed toward you, Burdell obviously hadn't known any of the Emams were not phisicaly in need of extenders and what that request may have meant to the flyers. .
That presents a whole different picture on the situation 'suspicious behavior' wise. And like many law suits I would suspect all this 'grievous harm' arose mostly in the minds of the attorneys.

But tort reform is still a bipartisan failue.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 AM

592 posts, read 2,809,195 times
Yup Movin, I sure do see what you mean, I just gave up trying to give some factual information...it appears to me there are some that just don't give a rip about facts, just opinions and the old soapbox thing. I'm guilty of it too on occasionally . You're right burd, it certainly is a failure, my humble opinion is simply that many if not most legislators are lawyers. Gee, go figure? Thanks for the discussion while it lasted, again Movin, I thought it was a great post and I apologize for taking it in another direction, I intended to use facts to discredit any validity to a civil action.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 AM

74 posts, read 234,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
Yup Movin, I sure do see what you mean, I just gave up trying to give some factual information...it appears to me there are some that just don't give a rip about facts, just opinions and the old soapbox thing. I'm guilty of it too on occasionally . You're right burd, it certainly is a failure, my humble opinion is simply that many if not most legislators are lawyers. Gee, go figure? Thanks for the discussion while it lasted, again Movin, I thought it was a great post and I apologize for taking it in another direction, I intended to use facts to discredit any validity to a civil action.
Delaneyland,
Please, no apology needed here, when you come in with some additional facts and first hand experiance related to the subject, there is always the chance I might learn something from your experiances as I could only hope.....others would. I will also add to the opinion that government agencies have a very long jestation period before they get anything right. And then when they do, it usualy costs far more than it should. As for the unreasonable searches, you can thank the libs here once again with their utopian idea of non profiling of criminal suspects. The courts have cival libertied you to death in this case of AP security. Clearly, we are the laughing stock of the world when it comes to criminal/cival rights. Iv worked max prisons here in NY, and believe me when I tell you, our justice system has gone way, way to far to the left in the courts. Every part of care custody and control of felons is the result of court mandates, and some here think the system out of whack? You cant prove "common sence" has been excersized in a police action before a grand jury unless you have been specificaly trained in how to have "reason to believe". I will spare you of any further Gov CYA training since I digress my point, but any time you can get Fed indemnification for simply reporting to a "trained police officer" that some AH looks like he has the potencial behavior of hurting someone, What the Hell are the House Dems thinking about????? Lets see how many dopes we have in the senate that vote no on it IF they even put it on the floor for a vote. Gotta be some big BAR money to be had on this fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies