Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,198,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Kind of like Al Gore in 2000, eh?
And the idiocy abounds.

Al Gore called for a recount - to which he was entitled by Florida law. The GOP used lawsuits and mob action to stop the recount. The recount was never completed. Gore conceded after a little more than a month - knowing that the GOP had stolen the election, but recognizing that the country need to get over it.

Minnesota went into a recount as required by law. Coleman lost it. Then he filed suit. He lost that. Now he's saying that he will appeal again. And his team has said that they will appeal to the SCOTUS if he loses that. He has yet to concede after 5 months.

What kind of moronic comparison were you making again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Another election stolen by Democrats. Couldn't be more obvious.
What's your proof? If it's obvious, you should be able to provide plenty of unbiased sources.

And I know you will, because we know that you're not a lying hack.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:33 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,570,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
hmmm....

Lying Liar

Old 04-14-2009, 08:35 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,614,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Amen. They are the enemies of anyone who loves democracy.
The American Taliban has spoken.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,887,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
So there will be no filibusters then, right?
Actually Charlene, I think you would be in favor of the ability of the Repugnicans to filibuster wouldn't you? That's kinda the way it works. Once they get around to seating Franken the Dims will have 59 seats. Doubt that the party-of-the-right will be able to garner all of their remaining forces to do much filibustering as the next elections are right around the corner and they will all be looking over their shoulders worrying about their one-way ticket to the obscurity of Palinville.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,982,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Kind of like Al Gore in 2000, eh?
Al Gore's concession speech in 2000:

"Just moments ago, I spoke with George W. Bush and congratulated him on becoming the 43rd president of the United States. And I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time. I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we've just passed.

Almost a century and a half ago, Senator Stephen Douglas told Abraham Lincoln, who had just defeated him for the presidency, "Partisan feeling must yield to patriotism. I'm with you, Mr. President, and God bless you." Well, in that same spirit, I say to President-elect Bush that what remains of partisan rancor must now be put aside, and may God bless his stewardship of this country. Neither he nor I anticipated this long and difficult road. Certainly neither of us wanted it to happen. Yet it came, and now it has ended, resolved, as it must be resolved, through the honored institutions of our democracy."

Let's hope that when Coleman concedes, he will be as gracious as Al Gore was.

Audio clip to Gore's full concession speech: Online Speech Bank: Al Gore - 2000 Presidential Concession Speech

Old 04-14-2009, 09:46 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,146,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Another Dem coming home...

They are shocked that the court responded to each of Coleman's complaints and addressed each one thereby making it very hard to appeal. But you know they will, their game plan is to keep this tied up in litigation as long as possible in hopes to find someone, something to go their way. Repukes are the real enemy of the state. Defend against foreign and DOMESTIC enemies, time to defend against a domestic enemy - the REPUKES!

if it was on the other foot so to speak, would the democrat controlled congress be screaming for fraken to give it up if coleman was clearly in the lead and only a court challenge was needed to keep the votes either from being counted correctly, or properly?

somehow i dont think so.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if it was on the other foot so to speak, would the democrat controlled congress be screaming for fraken to give it up if coleman was clearly in the lead and only a court challenge was needed to keep the votes either from being counted correctly, or properly?

somehow i dont think so.
What's a "democrat controlled congress?" If you can't write like an adult, why should we take you seriously?

And I think it's funny that you use an imaginary scenario, with no basis in fact or history, to justify the shameful behavior of the GOP in this case.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,570,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
What's a "democrat controlled congress?" If you can't write like an adult, why should we take you seriously?

And I think it's funny that you use an imaginary scenario, with no basis in fact or history, to justify the shameful behavior of the GOP in this case.
Yeah, And i am sure you would be whining (as usual) if that racist Franken lost. So why dont you quit while your behind?

Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,556,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This cycle you speak of started around Nixon's time and ended around 2005. Nearly 35 years. The GOP will never rise again until minorities start voting for them in a significant way...we are Decades away from that. They know they are not welcome. They know you consider them lesser Americans than your average White rural male.
That is what they thouight when kennedy won;didn't happen;your prejudices views aside. Republicans will win again as soon as the voters want change again as they have in the past.With this deficit they may just want it sooner than many think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies