Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,412 times

Advertisements

Probably as long as it will take for you to realize Bush was a failure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 AM

464 posts, read 660,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
Probably as long as it will take for you to realize Bush was a failure...
It pains me to have to respond to such posts, but if you have read my posts on this and other threads you wouldn't have made such a statement.

We need to end this Left vs. Right, Democrat vs. Republican, Obama vs. Bush nonsense. The point of my posts and this thread is that all of these are essentially the same and, in particular, Obama is essentially the same as Bush, imagery and superficiality notwithstanding.

We are being destroyed by both parties who are both bought and paid for by the Corporate Fascists. Please realize this and get on board. With all due respect.

Last edited by daminos; 05-17-2009 at 10:19 AM..

Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I think Obama is a nice national symbol, infinitely better than the one who preceeded him (GWB, clown). Is he the power behind the curtain, absolutely not. Those people never change from one administration to another.

If I WERE judging him as what most people think- that's he's a president in the textbook version, I'd be very disappointed as he's gone against nearly every campaign promise he made.
The thing is that with Bush-Cheney it was easy to see that you are dealing with evil scum. With Obama you have this pretense of goodness which has been shown to be unsubstantiated. In this respect, Obama is much worse. He is the wolf in sheep clothing. Stealthily evil.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:45 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
It pains me to have to respond to such posts, but if you have read my posts on this and other threads you wouldn't have made such a statement.

We need to end this Left vs. Right, Democrat vs. Republican, Obama vs. Bush nonsense. The point of my posts and this thread is that all of these are essentially the same and, in particular, Obama is essentially the same as Bush, imagery and superficiality notwithstanding.

We are being destroyed by both parties who are both bought and paid for by the Corporate Fascists. Please realize this and get on board. With all due respect.
It wasn't directed to you with all due respect. But I understand where your coming from.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:12 AM

Default Obama signing statement weakens “whistle-blower†protections

Yet more evidence that Obama is a fraud:

Quote:
Obama's signing statement on the omnibus spending bill suggests that he will carry on Bush's policy, in spite of his campaign pledges to the contrary.
Full article: Obama signing statement weakens "whistle-blower" protections

Old 05-21-2009, 03:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
A little more than $28 billion had been spent through April, according to federal department reports. An additional $60 billion has been sent out, but the recipients haven't spent it yet.
Economic-Stimulus Cash Is Moving Slowly - WSJ.com

Quote:
The Labor Department says initial claims for jobless benefits fell to a seasonally adjusted 631,000, from a revised figure of 643,000 the prior week. That nearly matches analysts' expectations of 630,000.
The Associated Press: 631K new jobless claims, total benefit rolls 6.7M

Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 PM

Default Obama Undercuts Whistle-Blowers

Quote:
A leading Republican senator maintains that President Obama is violating a campaign promise with his claim that he can bypass whistle-blower protections for executive branch officials who give certain information to Congress.
Full Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/17/us...17signing.html

Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
How long will it take for Obama supporters to realize that he is a fraud?
About as long as it takes a gambling addict to figure out they aren't going to win a million dollars, till they are broke and all the bright and shiny lights that enticed them into their ignorance have faded away....

Old 05-21-2009, 09:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
They will never admit they made the mistake of our lifetime.

They are not honest enough people to ever admit they made a huge mistake in allowing this scam artist to sucker them so badly.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
" How long will it take for Obama supporters to realize that he is a fraud? "

That is an easy one- When they get the Tax bill for the multi trillion dollar "stimulous". Once you hit people's wallets that is when they all of a sudden get angry.
Exactly!

Money talks and B.S. walks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies