Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingprof View Post
I just cant wait till we have another 13 million people on welfare. Im sooo excited!!!!
I know - me too. Plus another 13 million (actually 30 million once they bring their entire families plus others) blue voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
To those proud supporters of the GOP...the idea of Obama's plan to grant amnesty to illegals INCENSES me. It is something I simply cannot accept - I find it enfuriating and it goes against every single thing I believe in.

How can we convince our Democrat Congress to see it our way? Is there any hope? I want to actually do something to stop it.
You GOP-ers believe strongly in traditional families, right? One mom, one dad, a few kids all living together under one roof. We can not send the children of illegals back to Mexico (or where ever) if they were born here. Are you saying you are in favor of sending the parents away and letting the kids stay? Great family values...

Old 04-15-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
You GOP-ers believe strongly in traditional families, right? One mom, one dad, a few kids all living together under one roof. We can not send the children of illegals back to Mexico (or where ever) if they were born here. Are you saying you are in favor of sending the parents away and letting the kids stay? Great family values...
They can take their children/citizens with them or leave them here with other family or with friends.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Deputize the untold numbers of volunteers waiting in the wings to do something, anything, to rid us of these leeches. It is a start.
I'd be more than happy to volunteer for say one weekend day twice a month. I really mean it. I wonder if there are enough of us out there?

Old 04-15-2009, 03:58 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
To those proud supporters of the GOP...the idea of Obama's plan to grant amnesty to illegals INCENSES me. It is something I simply cannot accept - I find it enfuriating and it goes against every single thing I believe in.

How can we convince our Democrat Congress to see it our way? Is there any hope? I want to actually do something to stop it.

you must of missed the old memos, president bush had a genorous path to citizenship, john mccain advisor/ cabinet person worked within the mexican goverment and wanted mexican-american to think mexico first

Old 04-15-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Well, if you really want people to take your views seriously then you can start by actually using their correct name instead of deliberately calling them by the wrong name. After that using actual logic and facts, instead of the ignorant and clueless ramblings you've used so far in this thread, then someone might take you seriously,
I called them illegals. I wasn't aware there was any more correct name.

Furthermore, I'd hardly call the plan I outlined ignorant and clueless. It's logical...end their employment, they are forced to go home. It would also have a benefit of opening up jobs for the Americans out of work.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:04 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
It would also have a benefit of opening up jobs for the Americans out of work.
this i agree with

Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
tinman (please sing your song for us)wrote;
Quote:
Impose huge fines upon anyone who knowingly hires an illegal.
I always love it when this solution comes up. Because it incorporates common sense, justice for those breaking the laws (employers), direct reaction to the cause. In other words, it short, simple and TOTALLY UNWORKABLE.

The reason it's unworkable is that people who "own business", or are in the upper echolons of public companies all have several things in common. A bit more money than the average person, and are very attractive to POLITICAL CANDIDATES. When a pol is running for office he/she needs MONEY. The place to get money if from people who have it, business owners and managers.

The owners and managers are glad to do this because it gives them a (potential) audience when they have grievance. When the ICE shows up and arrests a few dozen emplyees and starts deportation proceedings, and mucking up the production (or more often the slaughter) line, the first call the owner/manager makes is to his CONGRESSMAN. Congressmen all have one thing in common (besides the need for money) and that is that they all VOTE ON DEPARTMENT BUDGETS. This is what makes you solution unworkable.

Sad but true.

golfgod

Old 04-15-2009, 05:15 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
Quote:
It would also have a benefit of opening up jobs for the Americans out of work.
Oh, absolutely. Americans are standing in line to apply to;

mow your yard,

clean your house,

wipe the butt of your parent in the nursing home

watch your bratty kids,

work the line in a poultry or beef processing plant

clean out chemical tanks at refineries

pick lettuce

But thanks for the laugh anyway.

golfgod

Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Start imposing huge fines on anyone who is hiring them. Deputize all police to work in immigration enforcement....many local police departments, sheriff's offices, etc. are already deputizing some officers. Anyone who is arrested for any crime, even a very minor one, gets deported if they are not legally present in the country. I'd also suggest banning their children from our public schools as long as the kids are illegals themselves....find a way to do it constitutionally. I really don't know what we should do about the kids who are citizens themselves.

They are currently taking up 7 million American jobs. The problem will only get worse if/when they are granted amnesty. They'll start bringing their families here and affirmative action will result in them having a much easier time getting jobs than everyone else. At a time when so many citizens are out of work, how could anyone even begin to consider destroying our own even more?
Damn those illegals, coming up here and hiring themselves instead of Americans!

BTW - Where were you when Bush proposed the same thing two years ago, trying to time the amnesty to happen before the election? If you had acted then there may not be a problem any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies