Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,685,404 times

Advertisements

Duplicate thread?
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nt-secede.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 PM

491 posts, read 885,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I guess we could look at the fact that TX added 250,000 jobs in the last year and wonder if Rick Perry has any idea how to run an economy....
No governor "runs" a state's economy. Industry and agriculture determine an economy's well-being.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Delta, welcome neighbor. The OP would never last here being the sissy liberal boy he is.

John Wayne must be spinning in his grave with someone using the name Dukester.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM

358 posts, read 472,201 times
Right on Dukester, Perry is a POS, has always been a POS and always will be a POS. 64% of us Texans did not want Perry to be Govenor in the last election. I have been a Texan for 62 years and next to Preston Smith he is the sorriest. Preston was stupid, Perry is smart, therefore more dangerous.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dukester, stay in California or whatever bankrupt Utopia you call home and stay out of our politics here in Texas. I have a feeling if we did succede there would be a mad rush to join our new country.

When TX was a nation and became a state we actually reserved the right to go back to being a sovereign country. Did you know that ?

Another point, we still produce a large part of the oil you guys burn up north. We could join OPEC since we would be a wealthy oil exporting nation.
Yeah, well you better find a new industry, because sooner rather than later the demand for your oil will go waaaaaay down.

And Texas never had the right to go back to being a sovereign country.

There will be no "mad rush" to move to Texas, so don't worry about it.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM

358 posts, read 472,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dukester, stay in California or whatever bankrupt Utopia you call home and stay out of our politics here in Texas. I have a feeling if we did succede there would be a mad rush to join our new country.

When TX was a nation and became a state we actually reserved the right to go back to being a sovereign country. Did you know that ?
================================================== =

Another point, we still produce a large part of the oil you guys burn up north. We could join OPEC since we would be a wealthy oil exporting nation.
Give me documentation...For I know that is an urban myth. I will not attempt to prove a negative is a negative, the burden of proof falls on you.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewzerr68 View Post
My family goes back 6 generations in Texas, even though I call California home. No one, and I repeat NO ONE in my family has ever been for secession. The so-called secessionists in Texas are really a small minority of right-wing blowhards who are about as organized in their efforts as a 3rd grade political debate team, and it's nothing new. They don't speak for all 23 million Texans and anyone who wants to believe that is basking in ignorance. Gov. Perry is a Bush-appointed crook who tends to talk out of his neck quite a bit. I know it's fashionable to hate Texans and assume that they're all a bunch of wealthy rednecks, the same way it's fashionable to assume all Californians are a bunch of hippie wine drinking snobs, but whether you're in favor of Texas seceding or not... it's NEVER going to happen. More than half of the population of Texas is from somewhere other than Texas, and from what I've seen most Texans are against secession. Like I said earlier, most secessionists are part of a minority fringe element.
THANK you.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:42 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,309,432 times
As much as I despise california and texas, they are both equally neccessary to the health of the US. One has oil, the other has technology.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Begone, dark spot. We have no need of you. First you denigrate the Great State of Texas, then you coming whimpering like a starving pup for a teat. At least if Texas does secede, we won't have to worry about folks like you snuffling around on the ground, groveling for a few morsels of food, forever underfoot. Go dwell with your own kind, Dooky.
The Great State of Texas has no need of denigration from without. The small-minded, racist, ignorant, gun-toting Texas secessionists do a fine job of denigrating it all on their own.

You speak only on behalf of that small group of "snuffling," "groveling" Texans.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post
If reckless government spending continues, several states will want out. It's a completely unsustainable timebomb.

50 years ago, Government spending was 28.77% of economy. 10 years ago it was 33.42% of economy.
OBAMA wants to make it almost 45% of the economy this year
New (make it up as you go) math?

Last year's GDP was 13.84
Obviously, it will have shrunk some.
I'll take off 6%.

So 13 trillion.
Obama's proposed budget was 3.6 trillion (28%).
45% would be 5.85 trillion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
What was it one year ago?
Last year Bush asked for a 3.1 trillion budget
Bush's Budget Projects Deficits - washingtonpost.com
roughly 24%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies