Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:00 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
If you're so against the federal government "encroaching" on Texans, put your money where your mouth is: no longer accept any federal money, no matter what natural disasters or border problems afflict your state.
That would actually work out FANTASTIC for Texas if we did not take ANY federal funds, and the federal govt did not get any revenue from Texas. We would be MUCH better off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 10:02 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union.
If they did, I'd be so happy I'd wet myself.

I wouldn't force the scumbags back in this time, either.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
So, and I keep asking this, are you ready for Liberalville and Conservativeville, yet? No war, just divide the country in half geographically (a line that goes from North to South or diagonally North to South so people have both kinds of hot/cold weather options), sort of like Joe Biden's recommendation for divvying up Iraq. Everybody would pick up and move to the half of the country they'd feel most comfortable in, with their own established respective liberal and conservative governments. Kids under 18 have to go with parents but once hitting 18 could move to the other side. Let's say, before the big move, the current federal government will help people who have to physically relocate to do so. Whether there would be states or not within Liberalville and Conservativeville would be up to each new country. For arguments sake, we'll say travel/extradition/trade between the two, at least until the governments figure themselves out, would be no different than it is now. Would you be willing to do it?

Old 04-15-2009, 10:39 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, and I keep asking this, are you ready for Liberalville and Conservativeville, yet? No war, just divide the country in half geographically (a line that goes from North to South or diagonally North to South so people have both kinds of hot/cold weather options), sort of like Joe Biden's recommendation for divvying up Iraq. Everybody would pick up and move to the half of the country they'd feel most comfortable in, with their own established respective liberal and conservative governments. Kids under 18 have to go with parents but once hitting 18 could move to the other side. Let's say, before the big move, the current federal government will help people who have to physically relocate to do so. Whether there would be states or not within Liberalville and Conservativeville would be up to each new country. For arguments sake, we'll say travel/extradition/trade between the two, at least until the governments figure themselves out, would be no different than it is now. Would you be willing to do it?
The separation is already taking place & why the Republican party is now called the "Party of the South" where their people are. All the large cities in Texas vote Democratic so that only leaves the rural yokel ignorant. Perry can be the leader of the DUH! Party

Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
If the federal government collapses, and with it's piling on trillions after trillions in new debt, it soon will, we will need the 50 states to provide some sort of government. States like California are about to collapse too.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 PM

491 posts, read 885,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
If they did, I'd be so happy I'd wet myself.

I wouldn't force the scumbags back in this time, either.
Wow. 23 million scumbags, each and every one of them, huh? It must be nice to live in a state like Michigan where no one is a scumbag, least of all someone like yourself who makes such generalizations. Maybe some day we'll all be as righteous as you.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

There will be no "mad rush" to move to Texas, so don't worry about it.
I'd go....

I know lots of people who would go....

Old 04-15-2009, 11:01 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I'd go....

I know lots of people who would go....
Yeah it will be called the Aryan Republic of Texas

Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Yes...in a minute.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Yeah it will be called the Aryan Republic of Texas

Good job using page one of the leftist insult handbook.

Sad you cannot actually debate but it is typical of the useful idiots(not an insult,google it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies