Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:18 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
On a side note, I was stuck in traffic just earlier because of a free concert given by Danny Gokey at the summerfest grounds. Wonders never cease. I wonder what he's going to sing...covers? Ok, I apologize to those of you who do like the show, I just can't see the appeal.
Danny Gokey needs to go home. Adam Lambert rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 06:22 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Danny Gokey needs to go home. Adam Lambert rules.
LOL, well I wouldn't know because I don't watch the show. It seems like both of those guys are getting the most attention though. Is there even any other contenders? I only hear about this on the radio.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Adam Lambert is IT. Gosh. There are only 3 of them left, but the other 2 are just the contestants. Adam is the future greatest. If I sound crazy, that's because I have become. Come over to the Idol thread, there are many links to his singing.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:52 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"A private matter."

If he were straight and brought his girlfriend up on stage with him at the end of the show, I highly doubt you'd have a problem with that, but if he brings a boyfriend up on stage with him, then suddenly it's homosexual panic time.
I really don't care who he brings on stage with him. My point was that I would object to a dialog about his sexual orientation, because that is not what the show is supposed to be about. I don't really care about the sexual orientation of those in the entertainment industry. Many people have "come out of the closet," so to speak, and it didn't matter to me, one way or the other. When they have appeared on Oprah, or some sort of similar show to talk about it, I have chosen not to watch the program. It's their choice of lifestyle, but it's my choice to decide if I want to watch that sort of thing on television.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:22 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Lambert was the star of a rally at his high school alma mater in San Diego.
“Anyone who feels different or weird, screw it,†the 27-year-old Lambert said during the presentation at the school's Sundevil Stadium. “Embrace it. Embrace each other's differences. It's cool to be different.â€

Singer Lambert 'idolized' at his alma mater

Good for him.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Adam is both a fantastic singer and a fantastic stage performer. He has the looks, voice, and charisma to become another Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley. He will very likely become the biggest star American Idol has ever created.
I totally agree. He's amazing! (Total fangirl here. )

Old 05-09-2009, 12:57 PM

130 posts, read 175,790 times
This thing should already be over.

He is the only one who had any star talent out of the group of 10.

He will be very rich and very popular soon.

He has everything he needs to be the next superstar.

Chris is only staying because the teenies are texting votes a million times because of his looks, Danny is staying because people like his personality and the girl who left last week ( lost her name?? ) was far better then both Chris and Danny.

He probably is the most talented we have ever seen on this show other then Carrie Underwood ever.

This kid has one heck of a future coming if he does not screw it up.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:31 PM

339 posts, read 707,259 times
Who cares. Why does it matter? If he sings the best, he will be the best singer and not the best gay or straight singer. Why does this even have to be an issue? Why the he!! am I even responding to this is a better question.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:31 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, well I wouldn't know because I don't watch the show. It seems like both of those guys are getting the most attention though. Is there even any other contenders? I only hear about this on the radio.
I've seen towns go crazy when a sports team wins. Some small towns have pie baking contests. So what? It's all part of being American and enjoying the fun of rooting for your hometown heroes. If people want to make a singer on a TV show competition their "idol" for a day, I think it's harmless entertainment.

To answer your question, the reason these 3 young men (Adam, Kris, Danny) are getting most of the attention is that they are the last 3 left in the competition. IMHO Allison was much better than Danny last week, and Danny knows it too, but he's more popular. He knows his scream was ear piercing and even joked about his performance. Anyway, I really enjoy shows where people with talent compete. I do agree there is too much hype, but it's all in good spirit. If I had a young daughter, I'd rather hear her screaming over a 20-something heartthrob than watching violence on television.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
I just checked the link I posted before and it no longer works. Sorry. So here's one that currently does. I love this song and Adam sang it beautifully. It's hard to believe he's the same person who sang Whole Lotta Love.

Adam Lambert: "Mad World" - Performances - American Idol (http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_8/performances/adam_lambert_mad_world - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies