Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush is worth an estimated $20Million, and has not lived for free.. not even close to what you've suggested..
Yeah, he's hurting..Wonder how much pops has..He does know and love Billionaires..

Billionaires For Bush:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
but you said he had already done it..I understand, you're still recovering from the earlier choke out. Give it some time because you're not making sense.
So it doesnt bother you that he wants this authority? I forgot, he's a Democrat, your all fine with it..

Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, he's hurting..Wonder how much pops has..
Never claimed he was hurting, I disputed the fact that you claimed he was a billionaire, try to stay focused, it was your statement which needed corrected..

p.s. Obamas yearly income in 2007 was $4,238,165, so he's down nearly $2Million in one year.. Odd considering that in 2008 he was candidate, one would think he would sell more books this year than last..

p.s.s. Bush Sr is worth about $75M where as the Clintons are worth around $40M, odd considering they were only worth $2Min in 2004

Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Yippee,, If my income jumped from $250,000 to $2.75M in one year due to the writing of a book, I wouldnt be complaining either. There is a big difference between someone working hard, taking risks by owning, starting and operating a business, and profit from a book that others took the risk to publish.

Ease up, fella. Obama was working at a "regular" job when he wrote both of his books. You think that being an author is easy? Try sitting down and writing a book as comprehensive as The Audacity of Hope, while you're still working at your "bread and butter" job. The research alone can take two years or more, depending on the topic. Remember how "easy" it was to write a 4 to 6 page research paper? Obama essentially wrote 362 pages
about governance in America. After the success of Dreams From My Father, any publishing house would know that publishing Obama was no
risk, especially after an editor had read it. Clearly quite a few people read it, and liked his ideas as well. Just FYI, writers earn only a small percentage from the sale of each book.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
So it doesnt bother you that he wants this authority? I forgot, he's a Democrat, your all fine with it..
If its true, it would bother me. We'll see what comes of it. He'll be critisized by the left if he pushes this and I'll join in..We wont wait until a republican gets elected to teabag.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Ease up, fella. Obama was working at a "regular" job when he wrote both of his books. You think that being an author is easy? Try sitting down and writing a book as comprehensive as The Audacity of Hope, while you're still working at your "bread and butter" job. The research alone can take two years or more, depending on the topic. Remember how "easy" it was to write a 4 to 6 page research paper? Obama essentially wrote 362 pages
about governance in America. After the success of Dreams From My Father, any publishing house would know that publishing Obama was no
risk, especially after an editor had read it. Clearly quite a few people read it, and liked his ideas as well. Just FYI, writers earn only a small percentage from the sale of each book.
Bread and butter job? He was running for Pres. the minute lightning struck and elevated him out of the hood.
Way to exxagerate.
You make it sound like he was punching a time clock,working double shifts down at the mill lol

Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM

283 posts, read 409,583 times
Just out of curiosity what "bread and butter job" would that be the? As far as I've seen he has never had an actual job

Old 04-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
You act like he was writing books that involved lots of data that needed research.. He wrote a book with "feelings" and personal history, no research required. Nice try at comparing the two because the two are no where even close. (and yes, I know lots of authors, my primary business is a book distribution company)

You do understand that about 80% of his income comes from books, the other 20% the public sector, and he has never had a "real job" dont you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Bread and butter job?
Way to exxagerate.
You make it sound like he was punching a time clock,working double shifts down at the mill lol
Maybe thats why he voted present so many times while in Congress, he was writing and couldnt be bothered to listen to the issues..

Old 04-15-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Bread and butter job? He was running for Pres. the minute lightning struck and elevated him out of the hood.
Way to exxagerate.
After slumming around the ghettoo helping common folks, lightning struck very softly sending him to the unsexy state senate for the next 8 years.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
After slumming around the ghettoo helping common folks, lightning struck very softly sending him to the unsexy state senate for the next 8 years.
Yeah, that State Senate seat, I've heard many compare that job to slavery, ironic, I hear Obama is black ha?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies