Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:17 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Another dumb thead from a liberal...you complain about these so called tortures but you say nothing when a terrorist cuts someones head off....lol
You liberals are warped !

Waterboarding...who cares..Our military have been using these techniques on our soldiers for training purposes for yrs.
They train our fighting soldiers to withstand as much as possible before caving in.

I could give a rats azz about any terrorist..you feel there pain...I DONT ! Especially when they are cutting the heads off people..you libs are nuts !
Those who advocate torture are not only sick and depraved people, they also dont understand that torture rarely works to gain useful information from those being tortured. The travesty is the majority of people being tortured were INNOCENT of any wrongdoings.

The guilt lies with those who lied Americans into war. Waging illegal wars of aggression were not enough for the neoconservatives, they had to also torture.

We need to prosecute the war criminals. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right. They were only just strolling along minding their own business while plotting attacks and also trying to kill our soldiers.

The liberal compassion for these sub-humans is sickening. You have more concern for them than you do your own military.

Disgusting.

Your racism is so easily revealed.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:20 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

We need to prosecute the war criminals. Period.
A good start would be to re-inter the Japanese. And let's go from there.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:46 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
O boy another idiot...
I'm not a big fan of name calling but sometimes it feels just right.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 PM

893 posts, read 1,580,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
I'm not a big fan of name calling but sometimes it feels just right.
What I find so hilarious, are these people who claim it was an illegal war, and Bush is a war criminal. Somehow, someway, they convince themselves that they're right or have an ounce of logic behind their reasoning. If this was the majorities opinion around the world, or nation for that matter, then legal action would have been taken. The fact is, their way of thinking is very minority and shows they're really incapable of seeing a big picture. In their minds, its all peace, peace, peace. Many of them are 18 to 25 and brainwashed through the professors that feed them information. They have no ability to make judgement for themselves. These are the people who will never run our country, never be recognized, and never amount to anything great. So let them bellow and moan, whine and cry. They'll always exist, but never will their voices be heard or taken seriously.

Last edited by spanko75; 04-17-2009 at 08:07 PM..

Old 04-17-2009, 08:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Waging illegal wars of aggression
Which Wars you speak of? Wars is plural. We are only in two. Afganistan/War on Terror occured when Islamofacist Taliban & Al Qaeda took down our towers. Saddam on the other hand was a prick who broke the peace agreement he signed to end the war, when you break an agreement that brought peace, you are declaring a resumption of hostilities. The liberation of Iraq was not an act of aggression on our part but rather a response to restoration of agreession and hostility by an enemy state: Saddam's Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny
Those who advocate torture
The following links shows true torture. Al Qaeda Torture Guide. LiveLeak.com - Egyptian Internet Torture Video

How's that for TORTURE FOR YOU.

No one on is advocating torturing terrorists. You are attempting to redefine torture. Discomforting terrorists by keeping them nude and up all night is not torture. By that definition, my girlfriend is a torturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny
The travesty is the majority of people being tortured were INNOCENT of any wrongdoings.
BS. These terrorists were picked up in a battle zone, armed and with hostile intent. The majority detained were not even natives to the battlefield. What the hell are foreigners doing in a battlefield (armed) all the way out in B.F.E.? Waging jiahad or training for jiahad.

Last edited by mossomo; 04-17-2009 at 08:43 PM..

Old 04-17-2009, 10:25 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
How lame can a person get?
If you are sitting in a crack house and the cops come by and break down the door and arrest everyone in the building, when you get to court will you say. Oh...hey...your honor...I just stopped by to see cousin Jill...why sir, I didn't know Jack about what was going on in there. There was a funny smell in the place and everone seemed a littly loopy I was just enjoying the chip and dip.
What did you say? This makes no sense.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:29 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Waterboarding is a lot easier than what happens to us when we're captured or caught. We did waterboarding experiments and while yes they are scary, I have to agree with the report released by DHS (why DHS has this report, I'm still confused) and I can't see how there would be short or long term effects. It's definitly a lot better than having battery cables attached to your nipples like the terrorist in Iraq did to their captured.
I think that the US that did this as well. Abu Gairb?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:51 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
What did you say? This makes no sense.
Do you think he was smoking crack or just dropped by for some chip & dip? It is what you would call an analogy.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:02 PM

I read the responses to torture and it makes me cringe. I'm reminded of the ugly, ignorant side of America that supports this, and it shows why much of the world hates us. The sad reality is from reading many of these hate filled, barely concealed racism and glee over the torture of Arabs that this nation, the same as Israel (not coincidentally its closest friend in the WORLD) is hated by a good part of the world, and I dont think that people like that are, ever were, or ever will be, a majority of Americans.

True, freedom loving Americans abhor the practice and realize that today you may torture across the ocean, tomorrow, you may torture in this country. The majority of Americans also will remember Nuremberg if asked to remember an example of American juris prudence on the subject of how to deal with this issue.

Your very dignity as a human being is threatened by any government that practices this. All despots and dictators practice this. All.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies