Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:07 PM

488 posts, read 1,024,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
White people are idiots. The cities, the stores and the houses were mostly empty with all that stuff in them ready for the taking. Yet whites are out there filling sand bags and helping each other. What a bunch of losers.

- Reel
Thats real smart! I see why everything becomes a race issue when there is people like you around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Default stat

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm aware of floods in ND. Stating the two situations, just like the situation with Ohio, are very different, is not psychoanalysis. If you need help, please get it because I'm not offering. The reality of floods...

Midwest Floods 2008 - Missouri Flooding - Meramec River Flood Stage

So when WV, a 95% white state, winds up failing to hold back mother natures wrath for lack of resources, this means whites are failures & deserve to die?

Must be because everyone from Louisianna are criminals. I saw it on TV, it must be true.
We should pity Trent Lott (R) Mississippi Senator Lott Learns The Importance of Suing | Tortdeform
Stats? check the prison stats while your at it!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
Thats real smart! I see why everything becomes a race issue when there is people like you around!
Why was there looting in New Orleans. Why was there no looting in South Dakota. You tell me, my friend.

- Reel

Old 04-20-2009, 03:46 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, the floods in N. Dakota were predicted and expected, soemthing that Katrina wasn't. At leasat the magnitude of Katrina wasn't expected, and it happened more quickly. So that is part of the difference as to how it was handled. As for farmers being more self-reliant, not wanting the government in their lives, well, they're always ready to take federal crop supports and everything else the feds hand out to farmers.
What an ignorant post! We knew about Katrina days before it made landfall. We had over 24 hours notice to get out of it's path. We knew what catagory it was over 24 hours before it made landfall. The local and state government failed in the prep before the storm and response right after the storm. National news didn't show you a caravan of Louisiana school bus drivers driving to New Orleans to evacuate the people after Katrina only to be turned back by the state police under state orders. They also didn't show you a large caravan of boaters traveling from Lafayette (my home city) to New Orleans only to be turned back by state police. The rest of the state was ready and willing to help out. Governor Blanco choose instead to sit back and moan about not getting help from Bush when the help was right here in our own state.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:53 AM

What makes the Katrina story worse is when you consider the Amtrak train that offered the use of it's train to the city of New Orleans to evacuate but was turned down by the city, the large amount of public school buses available to evacuate those who wish to leave but weren't able to do so on their own, and the corrupt levee board that used government funds on personal spending and pet projects and friends/family instead of the levees themselves. Prior to Katrina, the New Orleans police department was so corrupt the Department of Justice was seriously considering taking over the NOPD and rebuilding the department from the ground up. The judges of New Orleans are so corrupt that they regularly release convicted criminals so often that it's a joke about the revolving door at the courthouse. Those same criminals found out what a real police dept and courthouse is like when some evacuated to other parts of the country including Lafayette and Houston (where they still to this day cause trouble).

Old 04-20-2009, 09:28 PM

Default To you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
What an ignorant post! We knew about Katrina days before it made landfall. We had over 24 hours notice to get out of it's path. We knew what catagory it was over 24 hours before it made landfall. The local and state government failed in the prep before the storm and response right after the storm. National news didn't show you a caravan of Louisiana school bus drivers driving to New Orleans to evacuate the people after Katrina only to be turned back by the state police under state orders. They also didn't show you a large caravan of boaters traveling from Lafayette (my home city) to New Orleans only to be turned back by state police. The rest of the state was ready and willing to help out. Governor Blanco choose instead to sit back and moan about not getting help from Bush when the help was right here in our own state.
You could say that about any post? It depends on who you are and how you look at it? If some peopl wouldnt say things like that we woldnt have to post this kinda stuff! A issue about race comes up every time a major thing happens in America it seems? The only time i can remember all Americans standing together was on 9/11 I have heard some people rattling that states that have more white population are treated better in times of disaster!And it gets old hearing it,then when it is braught up people get mad wanting others to pretend they dont hear it! I guess some people dont think other races should speak up for themselfs this day and age? I dont think it should be a race issue but wonder why some does?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:32 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
It's cause Obama loves white people!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:51 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
It's cause Obama loves white people!
Thats because he is white! Remember the one drop rule? Still waiting to get a african american president! I probably will not see it in my life?But some day it will happen,till now its been all white and half white! IS THE CUP HALF FULL OR EMPTY?

Old 05-09-2009, 07:05 PM

If you live in ND you would notice what has been said about the race issues...I imagine most people dont pay attention if they have no intrest in nd! it has died down now but when the flooding was bad some people was bringing race in the story..

Old 05-10-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningncircles1 View Post
Well, compare the two areas. North Dakota is rural and has many self-sufficient farmers. They know how to do physical labor well without instruction. The land is how they make their money; they're not giving it up without a fight.

New Orleans was a large urban area, industrialized and lacking farms with "physical labor." Its economy was based on consumerism and major importing for food stuffs and "survivables" like any large urban area. When a huge ****-taster comes in and wipes out commerce like consumables, what do you do when that's all you know? You panic, going into survival mode. If they aren't going to sell to you, you just take. You don't have spare feed in your house. The market you usually buy food from is gone. You're not accustomed to farm labor to stop flooding, especially when no one else around you knows how to dictate that. So, you do what do know to survive: again, consume even if without money.

If you're conditioned to get help from the government and to being a part of a modern consumerist economy, of course you're not going to get sandbags to stop flooding. That doesn't register with you immediately. You'll say to yourself "the government is going to get us, just you wait." Then they don't come.

It's like those people who are highly religious waiting in the desert for Jesus to come and then he doesn't show. They then figure out that the entire thing was a sham, an illusion propped up only because people believed in it. That's how religion works; that's how much of monetary-economics works; that's how many of our systems work, and we don't realize it. But, once we do, we get disgruntled and upset, whining that the system was bull****. Well, it wasn't ALWAYS complete bull****, was it? That money in your pocket at one point bought something, didn't it (assuming monetary collapse in the distant future)? Why, it was JUST a piece of paper? Because people gave it the power to, putting their faith into it. What about that government? You believed that the Constitution was this holiest of holies, even though it was written on a piece of paper that continues to rot (literally, not figuratively). Again, people allowing themselves to be ruled by these ideals that they liked is what allowed the government's power to flourish, and the men who now run it know this... they just don't want to make sure you REALIZE it (note there is a difference of learning/knowing about it and REALIZING it). These folks in ND have realized this, that THEY are the power running these systems and ideals, not bureaucracies or pieces of paper. They know that it is THEY who have the power to come up with ideas to solve problems without having to go to someone else. Our ideas and technology are what make these systems work, not the other way around. The sooner folks figure out that these systems are not the omnipotent beings they think they are, the sooner you will realize we already have the power to change our environment.

Sorry for the Howard Beale moment there. It's a bit early and I haven't had my caffeine for the day :-).

That sounds good except that much of the items looted included electronics (TVs, stereos, etc) and booze. They also tried to loot people's homes. Some of the people defended their home with their guns and then the NOPD took away their guns and the criminals took over the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies