Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I think when you score higher on a test for a promotion but don't get the job because you are white, then yes there is racism against whites.
Getting a job or promotion, is dependant upon more than just high test scores. That's why employers conduct job interviews. They want to get a feel for what kind of person you are, your interests, and whether or not you seem to be a good fit, for the job or promotion that they're offering.

With regards, to getting jobs, if whites are discriminated against in the job market, then why is the unemployment rate for blacks, almost twice the rate that it is for whites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,670 times
When all is said and done whatever happens with you or to you is largely dependent on who you are as a person. With that said I am not even considering color of skin or nationality it all personality and attitude IMHO

Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
OMG you are spewing racism against whites in this thread. How ironic.

And the black guilt white folk thing is true! Who cares if Obama is the first halfrican president? If it wasn't about race, why do people keep bringing up race?
The Presidential election in '08, was about the INTELLIGENCE of the candidates. And Obama happened to be much smarter than McCain. That Obama also happened to be black, beside the point!

Old 01-23-2011, 08:34 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfog View Post
I'm getting tired of the media portraying minorities as being heavily subjected to racism and also being portrayed as being less desirable. I wonder what it would be like if it was the other way around.
Are white Americans facing discrimination nowadays? Have you of you ever been discriminated against? Has any white person ever been rejected by someone of another race when it came to dating?
Frankly no, and really what does it matter? We all have our problems in life. There are always going to be people; white people, black people, yellow people who don't like others outside their race. Deal with it, get over it, and do the best you can with the gifts you are given.

Today in the U.S. we have bent over backward to be PC. Let's move on and instead of focusing on the negative and making excuses, look to what we have going for us and get on with it.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
The Presidential election in '08, was about the INTELLIGENCE of the candidates. And Obama happened to be much smarter than McCain. That Obama also happened to be black, beside the point!
Pardon me but on what bases do you claim that Obama is smarter than McCain? Evidence please. Otherwise it is just more blowing into the wind and spouting more ignorant rhetoric.

Waiting. . .

Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
In my lifetime I have seen more racism towards whites then black by a longshot. Not even close.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
It was also about AGE. McCain, at 47, might have been an intellectual equal of Obama's. McCain, at 72, definitely was not.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times
Quote:
Did you see any of Obamas test scores or IQ , a paper he wrote, anything ? Or do you have a feeling he is smart ?

Please post some links if you have them .

Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfog View Post
I'm getting tired of the media portraying minorities as being heavily subjected to racism and also being portrayed as being less desirable. I wonder what it would be like if it was the other way around.

Are white Americans facing discrimination nowadays? Have you of you ever been discriminated against? Has any white person ever been rejected by someone of another race when it came to dating?
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-culture.html

Look at this thread , if it said black trash it would be gone.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Did you see any of Obamas test scores or IQ , a paper he wrote, anything ? Or do you have a feeling he is smart ?
Please post some links if you have them .
Exactly. Still waiting. But not holding my breath! lol.

I love it when posters make claims such as this. Must be a hunch. Or maybe they think if they say it enough it will become true. lol.

They say Obama won because he was smarter. But it seems a lot of his voter base were people desperate for a saviour. Someone to take care of them, give them their universal healthcare, improve their lot in life, increase their welfare, extend their unemployment. . .

I recall democratics driving alot of people to the polls, dragging out of their homes to make sure they vote. Truth is Obama won because he appealed to the masses. Doesn't take much intellectual prowess to figure that one out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies