Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:11 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,140,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
DUDE you are a pea brain in comparison to an average Joe off the street if you are too blind to see the truth. They are everything that is wrong with this country, they and many Republicans that act like them. Your brain is so lacking in a single non-partisan cell that you barely pass for a sentient being. ROFLMAO!
Actually any patisan thinker is whats wrong with this country. Party line or no line right?
I doubt if people would take the time to examin all the views that they would honestly be able to agree with any party line.
Barkley. Who is he? Oh yeah a has been Basketball player. FOXNews.com - Police Report: Charles Barkley in a Hurry for Sex - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
For example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 07:25 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,907,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually any patisan thinker is whats wrong with this country. Party line or no line right?
I doubt if people would take the time to examin all the views that they would honestly be able to agree with any party line.
Barkley. Who is he? Oh yeah a has been Basketball player. FOXNews.com - Police Report: Charles Barkley in a Hurry for Sex - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
For example.
I agree. When people blindly support any ideal without reservation, without concern of the outcome of that support it is dangerous. Everyone is somewhat partisan is some part of their life. To me anyone that is unwilling to examine the evidence, to look at all aspects of issues, causes, etc.. makes them a part of the problem. I don't expect people to be agree with everything in the people they vote for. At minimum they need to see the strengths and weakness and be as vocal in criticism as they are in support when needed. This is what makes for good government. It is a pretty simple concept but not many are interested in practicing it which is why we are always voting for the lesser of two evils and put up with the corruption that comes with it.

Partisan-A fervent, sometimes militant supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,140,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I agree. When people blindly support any ideal without reservation, without concern of the outcome of that support it is dangerous. Everyone is somewhat partisan is some part of their life. To me anyone that is unwilling to examine the evidence, to look at all aspects of issues, causes, etc.. makes them a part of the problem. I don't expect people to be agree with everything in the people they vote for. At minimum they need to see the strengths and weakness and be as vocal in criticism as they are in support when needed. This is what makes for good government. It is a pretty simple concept but not many are interested in practicing it which is why we are always voting for the lesser of two evils and put up with the corruption that comes with it.

Partisan-A fervent, sometimes militant supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.
Good post and fair. Thank you

Old 04-18-2009, 07:36 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,907,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Good post and fair. Thank you
Welcome. I really want a grassroots movement of like minded moderates that want what is best for their country. People that are willing to intelligently argue the pros and cons of their beliefs. Take out all the emotion, spin, and just the facts about what works and what does not. Once they come up with a viable compromise in a platform they need to find the best candidate that will further their cause. This is the only way we will break out of this cycle of DC politics that is ruining our country. I think people would be surprised how people would flock to a movement like this because it will represent real change, not just empty promises.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:39 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,374,878 times
Let's not try and pretend that anything Charles Barkley has to say is relevant. A role model he's not.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:05 PM

6,021 posts, read 7,800,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who "thinks on his own"? Certainly not Dukester.

read 1st...i wasnt talking about duke there

Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,192,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Okay Dukester, I am now convinced: You are a plant from MoveOn.org, Media Matters, or some such leftist extremist organization. You have no original thoughts of your own. You are simply doing the bidding of those who's Websites you belong to. You are a shill for the left. Nothing more.

Try doing some original thinking, though it might be hard (maybe impossible).
and your state went blue, go buckeyes...

Old 04-19-2009, 06:24 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,573,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

Yes - he surely is right on this subject!!! Limbaugh is quite un-American...

IMHO - Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, et al - should all take a long walk on a short pier...

Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,289,012 times
Barkley is actually a conservative and unlike most sports stars he's actually a very well read and thoughtful guy. He's more of a William F. Buckley type of conservative then the typical gay hating, dark skin fearing, mouth breathing conservative.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:57 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,728,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
thats the beauty of it, he can think on his own unlike others. and yes barkley is a republican. and he has said republicans are starting to lose their minds.

this is what i dont understand about people like you, you think because someone plays sports or is in the entertainment sector that means they are dumb and dont know anything wtf is the world coming to
Remarkable specimen. She's entirely unaware of the raw sewage hate coming from her own mouth. It's everyone else. This is the world she made, and it's STILL everyone else's fault.

Reagan was a dumb actor. Naturally that doesn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies