Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
The founding of NAMBLA (1977-1978)

You're bringing up NAMBLA as an example to protest gay marriage? That's hilarious. NAMBLA is a joke & is hardly a representation of homosexuality. How many members are there, 700? Is it even around anymore? That's akin to protesting educated white males because a few turn out to be mass murderers. LOL, please spare us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
So my right to travel without restriction or harrassment you would stand up for? HMMMM, Maybe it's time to do away with the requirements of, say, a drivers license since that is a restriction on travel? Plus seeing how many people drive, those licenses are not doing one bit of good!
Lets face it, as someone who pays more attention to my driving at 80 than say 40, I'm discriminated against by every cop on the road.
I didn't realize that you were singled out and not allowed to drive without a license, when every other person was allowed to drive without a license. It that's the case, then I'll fight for your rights, too.

But I think you are confused.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
Here is why I care: two guys pumping each other in the rear is unnatural and spreads diseases—like aids. Blessing this perversion with the name of marriage is disgusting.

80% of child molestation crimes are homosexual in nature.

The Bible-based family, or nuclear family, is normally a good environment to bring up children to be decent adults (not beheading their little sister in front of police.)

People need to create and raise their replacement. God commands us to be fruitful and multiply. At the current reproduction rate, Caucasians are actually dying out in the United States and Canada.

But hey, let’s give homosexuals a tax break to sodomize each other and spread aids. Sounds like a winner!

Sounds like your opposition is based on hatred. Oh well, at least you're honest.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:05 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
let em get married. if for nothing else, for the pure entertainment value. it's funny to watch gay people get married. what's even funnier is when gay people adopt a kid and call themselves a "family." I say we encourage gay marriage and adoption for the comedic value alone.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
let em get married. if for nothing else, for the pure entertainment value. it's funny to watch gay people get married. what's even funnier is when gay people adopt a kid and call themselves a "family." I say we encourage gay marriage and adoption for the comedic value alone.
I know, I find it hilarious when 2 straights get married after knowing each other for only say 6 months. Then they spend gobs of money on "their special day". Then I love to place bets on when the divorce comes. It's hilarious watching that day come less than a year later.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:50 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
that is pretty funny. especially if there is no prenup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I know, I find it hilarious when 2 straights get married after knowing each other for only say 6 months. Then they spend gobs of money on "their special day". Then I love to place bets on when the divorce comes. It's hilarious watching that day come less than a year later.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:46 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,950 times
Default happ...py stance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Yes, to answer your question: people do care about providing equal rights to all Americans. We are watching the metamorphosis of acceptance in America & as usual, the Republicans are taking up the caboose as being the last to give-up superstition & bigotry [we've seen it all before & why the GOP is so often mocked & ridiculed by educated Americans.
we care because the institution of marriage was not a creation of man but of god almighty. as human "creation", we have no right or authority to change the institution---it never belonged to us by right or decree from god. and yes, i know the arguments about god. but, if you accept the premise that god is creator of all, you will have to accept that it is he who, simply, sets the rules. with that established, you will accept the order of the universe, as it exists. the institution of marriage was never based on an idea of equality. that assumption is man-made. god warns man about substituting man's own wisdom for the wisdom of god. "...so much more are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts...." and, "their is a way that seems right unto man, but the end, thereof, is death." so called "enlightenment" does not, necessarily, make for correct public policy; neither does a perception of "progressive" thought. the institution of marriage was, from its institution, between one man and one woman. imo, there was no need for marriage in the beginning of creation. only after the fall did the need for marriage become necessary. that necessity was predicated on the fact that man's relationship to god was rendered impure by the disobedience of adam and eve in the garden. while it is true that marriage put in to play the right of the possesions of the "two", its primary purpose was to reconsile man's disobedience to god. the sin of man caused the tainted relationship of man with woman. thus, man's original sin in the garden brought about an imperfect relationship w/ god. marriage was an institution which placed man and woman into a restored undefiled relationship before god. the basic tenants of marriage over time have not changed; e.g. those who qualify for marriage: civil decrees have done so. superstition has nothing to do w/ marriage. if it were based on superstition, why would one who failed to recognize its institutional worth desire to perpetuate the myth or superstition? bigiotry does not exist when clearly defined rules have long existed. historically, social institutions may change: theological edicts do not...the institution of marriage is ordained by god: not man. in conclusion, if homosexuals want a legal recourse in which to pursue property, medical and social issues and desires (rights of visitation, custody of children, etc.), i certainly think that the debate should be fought in a legal court of jurisdiction. any attempts to denegrate and defile the marriage covenant w/ an aberrant lifestyle is divisive and uncessary. sadly, i fear the actual consequences and outcome of this social issue. while it may be politically correct to attempt populas change to a religious ordination, when push comes to shove, i do not think traditional thinking and belief will accept the attempted skew.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:27 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
This sick truth is that for most pedophiles it's about the age of the kid, not necessarily the sex. Many child molesters will molest both boys and girls.
i definitely agree, ramanboy. my experience in investigation and treatment of sexual abuse victims, by an large, shows me that regressed offenders abuse either sex, as do fixiated offenders. the most important issue with them seems to center on their perception of the victim...the offender sees the child as an adult, therefore, the defense mechanism is compromised and the abuse is perpetrated...the offender sees himself as a child, thus giving the offender permission to offend...it is, in great part, perception.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
So since slavery is not condemned by God's word in the Bible, the United States was not wise to abolish it?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:40 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
I think the only people who really still put up a fight against "gay" marriage are those who still have difficulty separating religion and government. As I have explained time and time again on forum, legal marriage is nothing more than a contract with your state to manage your marital affairs. Of course, the state license also provides the couple with the financial benefits of marriage as well as allowing the couple to legally be seen as "next of kin"

Those who have religious reservations about gay marriage should simply stop and understand that legal marriage is not the same as a marriage performed in the name of their religion. Also, they should understand that God has never asked them to get a marriage license from their home state in order to be considered married. The vows and the ceremony are what make us man and wife. Not a government document. So in order to preserve what Americans really hold dear, namely freedom and equality, there should be no roadblocks placed in the way of legal gay marriage. If your religion is against it, then your church has the right not to perform the service. The magistrate will work just fine for these purely legal proceedings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies