Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Its your kind that weaken this country more and more daily. Here is a suggestion....If you don't like this country and those of us who protect it, then please go be with your people in the middle east. You wont be missed!!!!
my grandmother said racist used to tell her something like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,950,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I suspect though, that you would change your ***** little tune the second your ugly face was under the water.
Ugly were your moms is the golden standard. We only waterboarded the top two of Al Qaeda. Myself and others posting on this board do not deserve to be lumped into the homicidal maniac category. Way to go and sympathize with the enemy.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:48 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Just don't get mad when the majority of sane folks think you're all terrorist sympathizers.

Wow, I cannot believe the total lack of depth in thinking about this issue. Try this: When you sanction the use of torture on other people you sanction the use of torture on yourself.

You see, if you allow your government to torture those that it feels are a threat to its interests, then you are also giving it permission to use torture on you if it feels that you are threat to its interests.

Why would you advocate for something that runs contrary to the basic instinct for self preservation?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:50 PM

893 posts, read 1,580,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I will. You're filth. I feel deep shame that I must call you my countryman, and believe me, if you were ever being tortured in some foreign pit, I would be entirely indifferent to your fate.

I'm an atheist, but your sickness is almost enough to convince me that Satan exists. Get some help.

If waterboarding were not a war crime, it would not have been specified in the indictments, idiot.

This is America, the land of the free, you little sadistic bloodsucker, this is not the Spanish Inquisition. And thanks be to whatever is out there, that we have rendered it as criminal since 1901. By the way, I was aware that the Inquisition used it. The Inquisition used it, the Jacobins used it, the Gestapo used it, the Japanese Empire used it, the Khmer Rouge used it. I am mortified that I lived to see the day that my country used it. But when you have no conscience, I suppose that is no burden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
my grandmother said racist used to tell her something like that
Trust me City, Im not racist....I just think people who for one, have no idea of what they're are talking about, make comments. Sure, we are all entitled to believe what we want, but when someone who has actually been exposed tells another that "yes it sucks dearly to be water cured, but its far from that many other countries use" and still they want to argue and loose themselves by name calling....well, maybe you'll see where I am coming from. Its great to share ideas from both sides of the table.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Not if my family were trying to kill Americans. I'd be the first to turn them in.
Show the proof that he was trying to kill anyone?
He was never charged.

What part of that do you refuse to understand?
I forgot, facts don't matter to you.
Twitting you off so no need to respond.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Wow, I cannot believe the total lack of depth in thinking about this issue. Try this: When you sanction the use of torture on other people you sanction the use of torture on yourself.
Think? Video recording for media consumption the chopping off a persons head while screaming Allah-Akabar and dunking someone's head under water to coerce information to save lives are not the same thing. Thinking that terrorists will not chop off your head screaming Allah-Akabar regardless, is very NAIVE!

God bless Danielle Pearl. F%#K! my country's enemies and their sympathizers.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Trust me City, Im not racist....I just think people who for.
im not implying your racist...i just think things can be said in better terms regarding if you dont like it leave type mess i think its played no one is going anywhere regardless what happens

Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 PM

Default You give the enemy the benefit of doubt, I give my country the benefit of doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He was never charged.
He was found armed in enemy territory on a battlefield fighting against American soldiers and Allies.

Furthermore...

Abu Zubaydah has a long history of involvement with al-Qaeda. In 1999, a Jordanian military court sentenced Abu Zubaydah in absentia to death for plotting to attack tourist sites in Jordan around the millennium.

Abu Zubaydah also organized terrorist attacks on the millennium celebrations in the Los Angeles in Dec. 1999, according Ahmed Ressam, an Algerian convicted of involvement in that plan. During his trial Ressam also said Abu Zubaydah directed Afghan terrorist camps and recruitment for al-Qaeda. Ressam indicated that Abu Zubaydah told him to obtain Canadian passports so others could carry out attacks against the U.S.

Last edited by mossomo; 04-20-2009 at 11:09 PM..

Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He was never charged.
If you're talking about KSM, you must be high hippie.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:44 PM

august 9 2007-we dont torture(president bush)

walling-slammed against the wall with something around his neck to minimize wiplash

stress postions
sleep depreviation
shackling
facial hold/slaps
nudity

everybody is upset that the memos are out because we now know about it? no one is upset we actually tortured wth is wrong with everybody. detainees even complained about being tortured but they were debunked because........

peggy noonan(wall st journal) says sometimes you have to keep walking in life(meaning ignore things) wtf is she talking about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies