Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:16 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Bush, Cheney, et. al. need to be brought to justice once and for all for their war crimes...

waaa.... waaa....... waaaaaaa..... Are you serious? This "blame America first" stuff is starting to sicken me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 10:44 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I really don't think this generation of enablers and coddlers are aware of what we, and our enemies and allies did in WWII.

We intentionally bombed civilians, just as our enemies did.

So many of them argue that we fought on the wrong side I don't think it would bother them anyway.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
that kinda stuff happens when you blowup NYC.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 PM

18 posts, read 25,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Exactly why it is extremely STUPID of obama to release this info !!! But obamas defenders will come up with some lame excuse for his stupidity.
Were you somehow under the impression that Al Qaeda have no idea what to expect from American detention?

Or that pointlessly covering up American torture of inmates is somehow sound strategy?

Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Sorry all, torture is torture.
Its inexcusable, wrong, illegal, etc.
Would you complain if your family were tortured?
You are probably a really nice person in general..but good lord you are so
misguided. Why would anyone's family here be tortured? Why should it even bother you that these terrorist who would behead you or any one in your family and maybe even film it while it is happening..be tortured??!!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:19 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe the proponents of torture could volunteer for a session to see what they'll say.

Been there, been though it. 3 times. It's not very bad at all. But then I guess progressives think it's torture? God help this nation because the nutjob in the Whitehouse and his progressive friends are doing everything they can to destroy it!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:20 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
No one said "America does no wrong" and yes, when our enemies murder innocent civilians with bombs strapped to children, or when they fly airplanes in to buildings, they are less than human in my mind.

America has to strike a balance between it's freedoms at home and fighting a tenacious and elusive enemy abroad. Our enemy isn't a uniformed army fighting at a front line like in WWII. They don't shoot at our soldiers and try to take territory. Instead, they hide in the shadows, using civilians and religious buildings for cover, while they plot to murder.

In WWII, we bombed cities and we killed civilians. We did it because we knew that in the end, it was the fastest way to end the conflict and save the most lives in the long run. The Constitution is not a suicide pact, and we have to fight wars to win them, not in a politically correct way.
The thing is I don't believe in this enemy. It's a fabrication. The crimes we have been told about may or may not be fabrications, but the enemy is--please understand that distinction. "They" don't want us dead for irrational reasons. Their reasons are real just like your reasons are real to you. I know that the minds of the people on this planet are being manipulated to create realities we don't want. Until more people realize that the thoughts they think are affected by outside influences for specific reasons, we will play by these time-tested games of war so others will benefit and the herds will be thinned. NOTHING justifies torture or war. NOTHING. Killing millions of my countrymen will not change that reality even though my mind may, like so many others, entertain those options.

We didn't participate in WWII because it was the "fastest way to end the war". That lofty goal is the stuff of rhetoric, made to incite support for a cause that wasn't palatable. Knowing how people have reacted for thousands of years means you can easily dupe millions into the same tired old behavior. Everyone should write "Used" on their foreheads.

Terrorists actions that no one reading these words has had direct access to cannot be verified. It's all hearsay, folks. Thinking rationally, I'm not going to let the supposed actions of 0.000000001% of the people affect my worldview. But it seems to be how everyone else thinks. I wonder why? Why let the actions of a few people (who may or may not have committed such crimes and who may or may not have been controllled or enslaved just for such occasions--yes this happens) form the basis of how we spend trillions in resources? Again, write the word "Used" on your forehead.

Stop participating. Stop justifying torture. Stop blaming people you don't know anything about. Do these things and watch this hideous reality disappear. Then be there to create what follows.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:29 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
To those who support or are indifferent to waterboarding someone >100+ times:

When you treat others as badly you think they would treat you, you BECOME them. If you want enemies so badly, why don't you go look in the mirror? You are more guilty than these people you've been brainwashed to hate. Go on, show the rest of the world how brutal you can be in retaliation, how adept you can become at lowering yourselves. The world watches and you disappoint at every turn.

You're kidding, right? When someone attacks my country, and their country laughs about it, it's time for Exact Revenge! Which is the only way you beat these people. When the results of their actions by going after them is so fierce that it apals them to even think about doing it again, you win, and any action short of that is a loss for you, which will be very visible when they attack again.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:35 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
waaa.... waaa....... waaaaaaa..... Are you serious? This "blame America first" stuff is starting to sicken me.
The problem with your thinking is that it removes America (and yourself by extension) from all accountability. You assign America the status of a victim who shares no responsibility for its situation. It's always someone else's fault that America suffers. Those other people are always crazy and therefore they must be destroyed.

If you get into a car accident, it's your fault. You brought that experience into your life. You get sick, same thing. The bravest amongst us understand that reality is of our own making. Consequently, every action, every choice takes on much more significance. External blame is pointless. It's not that others are blaming America first. It's that they understand that everything happens with our permission.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:37 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Seven years later, Democrats claim to be especially offended by "waterboarding," which the CIA says was done to only three of the worst al Qaeda suspects. But both Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Intelligence Chairman Jay Rockefeller knew all about waterboarding at the time, and didn't object. Democrats have every right to outlaw specific interrogation methods, but they continue to refuse to do so lest they be held accountable after a future terrorist attack. It's so much easier to denounce "torture" in general.
hmm, very interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies