Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a Tea Party was held in Washington DC on July 4th would you attend?
Yes 35 28.46%
No, but I would attend a Tea Party near my home. 22 17.89%
No. Not at all. 59 47.97%
Other 3 2.44%
Not Sure 4 3.25%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,213,572 times

Advertisements

You really couldn't pick a better day to camoflauge your tea parties. Seems like another "teabagger" oversight to me.

And vec101 - nobody's scared of teabaggers. I think teabaggers are confused, and there's been an endless stream of humor involved - that's about it. The striking amount of negative momentum coming after April 15th is the best indication of your level of impact on the country. Seriously - 200,000+ people was a failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 01:27 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,964,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You really couldn't pick a better day to camoflauge your tea parties. Seems like another "teabagger" oversight to me.

And vec101 - nobody's scared of teabaggers. I think teabaggers are confused, and there's been an endless stream of humor involved - that's about it. The striking amount of negative momentum coming after April 15th is the best indication of your level of impact on the country. Seriously - 200,000+ people was a failure.
You forgot to chuckle like a 5th grader (aka GenY iDork gadget addicted CNN "reporter") when you said "teabagging" multiple times.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:41 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,310,529 times
JULY 4TH: Are You Coming To A Tea Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I think I may go to one to see what it's like.

Hopefully many others will do the same.

Power to the real American's! The rest of you America haters can take a flying leap!
Will there be dancing in the streets? Or is it going to be serious?

YouTube - MAMAS & PAPAS DANCING IN THE STREET

Old 04-23-2009, 01:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,521,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Whaaaat? Does this mean more people than not believe the US is headed in the right direction and they don't care how it will hurt their kids & grandkids?
The evidence suggests that it won't hurt the grandkids at all.

In 1946, the debt was 120% of GDP, and it didn't take generations to pay it down; it was cut in half in only a decade.

The debt is now about 80% of GDP, so I don't see the grandkids needing to pay it off.

U.S. National Debt Graph: Since Great Depression

Old 04-23-2009, 02:10 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,295,179 times
I can't think of a better day for a Tea Party. More will probably turn out since the last one was when most people were working. Well, except for some of the rabid posters on here who get paid to post.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The evidence suggests that it won't hurt the grandkids at all.

In 1946, the debt was 120% of GDP, and it didn't take generations to pay it down; it was cut in half in only a decade.

The debt is now about 80% of GDP, so I don't see the grandkids needing to pay it off.

U.S. National Debt Graph: Since Great Depression
Yep, when the system purges the overinflated money supply over 15 years, it's a great launching pad for a comeback.

We only have 14 years of depression ahead of us! Yippie!

Old 04-23-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I can't think of a better day for a Tea Party.
Oh, I don't know about that.

This:
...looks a lot better than this: http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090415/tea.jpg (broken link)

I want to celebrate America's independence, not be depressed about it. I want to ride and drink beer, not p*ss and moan while taking Prozac/Zoloft cocktails.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Oh, I don't know about that.

This:
...looks a lot better than this: http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090415/tea.jpg (broken link)

I want to celebrate America's independence, not be depressed about it. I want to ride and drink beer, not p*ss and moan while taking Prozac/Zoloft cocktails.
Ugh, dirtbag bikers and crowds...you can keep 'em! The people in the 2nd photo look happy and not one Prozac to be found.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Ugh, dirtbag bikers and crowds...you can keep 'em! The people in the 2nd photo look happy and not one Prozac to be found.
You're funny...dirtbag.

We bikers know how to party. Teabaggers just b*tch.

Let's see...wind, mountains, beer, babes and laughter, or...

...halloween costumes, negativity, p*ssing and moaning...

Yep, my mind's made up. Have fun complaining on a day when sane people are partying.

But you're right about the Prozac. Had these teabaggers taken their prescriptions, they wouldn't be so depressed.

Oh, we bikers give lots and lots to charity. Mostly children. Not bad for a bunch of dirtbags.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times
Quote:
You're funny...dirtbag.

We bikers know how to party. Teabaggers just b*tch.

Let's see...wind, mountains, beer, babes and laughter, or...

...halloween costumes, negativity, p*ssing and moaning...

Yep, my mind's made up. Have fun complaining on a day when sane people are partying.

But you're right about the Prozac. Had these teabaggers taken their prescriptions, they wouldn't be so depressed.

Oh, we bikers give lots and lots to charity. Mostly children. Not bad for a bunch of dirtbags.
Can you suggest a better day for patriotic Americans to demonstrate their dislike for what Congress has been doing for so long? I just can't and think that you "bike riders" will be surprised at the number of people attending that day. Remember so many will not be working to support those who don't pay income taxes that day so they can go out and have some fun. I'll bet that there will be some beer drinkers at the Tea Parties from the workers having the day off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies