Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:59 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,404,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What is known about Margaret Sanger has nothing to do with "right wing" or "fundie" anything. She was who she was. It's that simple.
She was who she was, but it's not at all that simple, as your own seriously disinformed state would go to illustrate. Because the organizations that Sanger founded would ultimately become the dreaded Planned Parenthood, a virulent right-wing disinformation media has gone to extra special lengths to produce mounds of false and misleading information to slander and discredit her work and her person. The willingly gullible fall for these as you have. The more independent-minded dismiss such bunk, moving past it to roam the fascinating landscapes of historical actuality.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Another asinine post... the founder of Planned Parenthood believed in racist eugenics but that is not why she advocated for birth control and abortion.
Ah, another speaking from the midst of the great right-wing fog. Suppose that when you have the tme, you go hunt up and post any verifiable quote from Sanger that actually advocates for abortion. I don't mean conceding that it might be necessary under some circumstances, I mean advocacy. Which is what you just claimed.

As for racist eugenics, one would need to know the nature and extent of each within the early 20th century to be able to discuss Sanger's positions on those scales with any definition or authority. A priori, I would tend to doubt that you do, but go ahead and prove me worng if you can.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,223,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The first is from notes and personal papers related to her 1916 statements as published in her 1938 autobiography. The second is from an article published in 1916 in the periodical Family Limitation.

No, she was not. As was noted earlier, she lived more than the first half of her life in one of the most virulently racist eras in our nation's history. You fail to place her within the context of her times. Keep in mind that as a public service provider, she and her tiny organizations were in constant need of financial support from wealthy benefactors, nearly all of whom were strongly racist in their own views and beliefs. Do not misconstrue her necessary wheedling and currying of cash from these into something other than what it was.

This is no shortconing of mine, but of yours.

No, there is ample material either published or available as original sources through the Margaret Sanger Papers Project at New York University. Perhaps you would like to make a donation to those good folks?

Those are not quotes. They are words lifted out of context, and not necessarily taken from any original source. Could you for instance supply the entire paragraph that contains the "human weeds" snippet? You could also review here the entirety of the Plan for Peace as published in the April 1932 edition of Birth Control Review. It does not contain the claimed text.

Your turn.
Thank you for your honesty here (at least it appeas to be) Perhaps I should investigate further. However, given our current political climate, and the state of our nation, there are other things more pressing on my mind than Margaret Sanger. But I will give your comments some thought.

How's that for political rhetoric? LOL That's the kind of response I usually receive from my Senator and Congressmen! But seriously... I feel you are sincere in your response. I shall investigate further.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Thank you for your honesty here (at least it appeas to be) Perhaps I should investigate further. However, given our current political climate, and the state of our nation, there are other things more pressing on my mind than Margaret Sanger. But I will give your comments some thought. How's that for political rhetoric? LOL That's the kind of response I usually receive from my Senator and Congressmen! But seriously... I feel you are sincere in your response. I shall investigate further.
That's all I ask you or anyone else to do. Tip of the hat for resisting typical partisan urges, btw...we have plenty of those flying back and forth, really...

Old 04-21-2009, 06:12 PM

18,054 posts, read 25,132,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
Abortion kills more blacks, by far, than KKK, skinheads, etc. ever have.
Thoughts?
Here's a thought:
The US Army is the organization that killed the most people in the 20th Century

Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 PM

149 posts, read 260,447 times
abortion is eliminating the black american population. abortion is murder, there's no way around that. the real culprit are the laws that are very anti-male/father. that seem to only give reproductive to women as in abortion is discussion btwn a mother and her doctor. totally ignoring the father. deadbeat dads are ridicule 4 emotionally and abandoning their kids but women that abort do the same thing (abandon the kid in their mind and physically abandon, whereas deadbeat dads kill the baby emotionally from their mind, the abortee goes one further and kill the baby physically) im just the feminist laws play a part in this 1stly by treating all women the single and married as a married women doesnt have to consult her husband to have an abortion. also an elitist idea on both sides, who say u shouldnt have more kids then u can afford, which in affect means only richer people should have more kids. this is y there r policy tryin to stop population growth in africa & encourage it in europe. the same effect. its classist and racist at worst. i guess kids r a curse for the poor in a blessing for the rich in many people's eyes. but w/o population growth a population is much easier to control as that's whats happening to blacks. if china didnt have 1B people they couldnt compete w/ america & india w/ it 1B is likely as well 2 compete as well thanx to globalization as in putting more people in the game. walmart is effectively like china in many ways. but anywat blacks that abort r losing the number games, u dont get richer in long term if there r less kids, that y social security 4 old people will decline or y there will be a continous flow of illegal and legal immigrants to offset abortions and if we look at the numbers closely they almost mirror one another as in 50M abortion and 50M immigrants since the 70s.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:20 PM

37,074 posts, read 42,043,953 times
I don't see the black population coming to a halt. Apparently they didn't get the memo that they should be aborting all the pregnancies.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:04 PM

18,337 posts, read 18,938,292 times
a two year old thread being bumped by a fairly new member a review of his postings are interesting as well. as ceecee said the black population didn't get them memo. abortion is not murder, will stay legal and is between a woman and her doctor. all else can MYOB

Old 03-02-2011, 03:07 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,602,837 times
Lol, I heard that Rush said Planned Parenthood is finishing the job the KKK never could. The left gets infuriated and calls him a racist while supporting a group that is murdering African American babies by the thousands and calling it a right. The left is so morally and mentally bankrupt that it is beyond belief sometimes.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,277,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't see the black population coming to a halt. Apparently they didn't get the memo that they should be aborting all the pregnancies.
Exactly the population of Black Americans went from over 17 million in 1959 to over 38 million in 2009.

The arugment makes no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies