Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times

Advertisements

US recession, 1st black president, 'fuel extremism'

This is utter BS! Conservatives dislike Obama because he is destroying our country, but since liberals cannot debate that, they throw in racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
That is absolutely not what it says.

It says the fact that he is black fuels the RW extremists, not the regular old conservatives.

Quote:
Right-wing extremists in the United States are using economic worries and the election of the first black US president as recruiting tools, the US government warns in a new report.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,248,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

This is utter BS! Conservatives dislike Obama because he is destroying our country, but since liberals cannot debate that, they throw in racism.
The vast majority of conservatives just dislike his policies... but there's no denying that there's a percentage of folks on the right who just hate him for his skin color or his supposed Muslim heritage... just read this board.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,666 times
Quote:
he is destroying our country
Is there any evidence of this? I know Glenn Beck thinks so, but Glenn Beck also thinks the moon is made of green cheese, so he is not to be taken seriously.

I look out my window and see building still standing, kids going to school, people going to work and going on with their lives. None of them seems to be suffering from this "destruction" you mention.

Some EVIDENCE please.

golfgod

Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
To the contrary. I would offer that Obama is to blame for setting his own bar so high. He's finding that conservatives that actually voted for him are putting his butt cheeks to fire. It's called accountability, and he's learning the hard way what that means. Do what you say, or suffer the electoral consequence.

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Is there any evidence of this?
???? HUh? Do you live on the moon?

3,564 posts, read 5,517,702 times
I'd say the number of righties that dont like him solely because of his skin is about the same as the number of lefties that defend him simply because of the color of his skin.

Pretty much a wash.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

Seems to me if TRUE conservatives dislike Obama, they'd spend more time focused on legitimate criticism of actual policy, and less obsession with his dead mother, his dog, and his birth certificate which was already challenged & met legal criteria long ago. So if you want to be honest about true BS, go back and review every single retarded thread started by so-called right with petty complaints. Where is the content of criticism???

Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,319,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I'd say the number of righties that dont like him solely because of his skin is about the same as the number of lefties that defend him simply because of the color of his skin.

Pretty much a wash.
Great point.

_I_ don't care for him because of his political views and the direction he is taking us.
But on a personal level I think he probably is a pretty nice guy, and he has a gorgeous family.
His views are just WRONG.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:53 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Seems to me if TRUE conservatives dislike Obama, they'd spend more time focused on legitimate criticism of actual policy, and less obsession with his dead mother, his dog, and his birth certificate which was already challenged & met legal criteria long ago. So if you want to be honest about true BS, go back and review every single retarded thread started by so-called right with petty complaints. Where is the content of criticism???

It comes from both sides. You need to criticize the left and right when that happens...not jsut the right. Hell....just look at Dukester's threads alone and tell me its only conservatives that are being petty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies