Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:20 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Don't worry too much. To most Americans their complaints are just background noise. Most people don't take them seriously.

Americans believe that the country is getting better, not worse, under Obama:

Pollster.com: State of the Country: Right Direction / Wrong Track

I agree with you. It's like watching soccer hooligans after their team loses a match going around smashing up everything they can get their hands on in frustration.
I forgot to include the "saviour" Rove in my last post.

America is moving forward but the greedy "fat cats" will do everything they can to retain their huge payouts at the expense of the everyday American.
Obama scares these Elitists to death. Any American with an ounce of common sense can see Obama is doing a great job so far. Maybe the Republican gutter press expected him to resolve their mess in 3 monhs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 09:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
You know the Tea Parties were a success - just by the way the rabid left and liberal media are behaving.

Bringing out the big guns - axelrod, carville, even bam bam.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:54 AM

Success?????????? You not going to pay any more taxes?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You know the Tea Parties were a success - just by the way the rabid left and liberal media are behaving.

Bringing out the big guns - axelrod, carville, even bam bam.
You're absolutely right. If it wasn't a big deal, they would have left the issue behind on April 16th!

My view of liberals is that they are very short-sighted. They simply can't see as far out as 2010, when the teabaggers and similarly-minded will go to the polls to hand a few more Senate seats to Republicans. Liberals can laugh all they want to right now, but in 2010 the straight-ticket legislation free-ride is over. They'll surely be concilliatory when they all of a sudden have to beg for Republican votes to get anything accomplished.

Laugh now. It's only a matter of time. Ask your other savior, Bill Clinton.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 AM

I am neither Republican or Democrat. My wife is American and i moved to America with an open mind about the Political parties. I liked Bush when he was elected into office but began to change my mind when he did NOTHING about illegal immigration..... NOTHING about the sinking House market and Nothing about the corruption in Washington. On his watch, America failed. 8 years is not a short time to be in office and do NOTHING.
I watched as the country became disillusioned. I watched as the key word became "Change". This did not happen for NO reason.
I saw a new hope in America when Obama was elected and from even before he took office i watched disgruntled Republicans dish out a hate campaign that has continued over the past three months of Obama's Presidency. The Republicans have done themselves no favours. They are just endorsing the reasons why President Bush had probably the lowest approval rating of all time.
Give Obama a chance! Obama is YOUR President. Whether you love or hate him, he is the guy at the top. Do you want America to become the nation it once was..... respected by the world and good to its own Citizens or do you just want to get Obama out of office at all costs and put the Republicans back into power, no matter how costly that would be to the everyday American. So far Obama is doing well. The economy is showing signs of stabalising and he is talking to other heads of state to try to reach solutions. My Wife and her family always voted Republican... this time they all voted Democrat. Not because they hate the Republican party but because they feel that Obama is the best hope for America at this time. Republicans and Democrats..start thinking "AMERICA" and not Republican or Democrat. Every American is in this struggle together..don't forget that.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,525,155 times
Hated the tea parties, since it was a lie about what they actually were, Obama hate ralllies described as so called tea parties.
I'm for free speech, even though that definition as gotten more vague as time goes on.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,446 times
Who's upset? I'm not. I find it rather silly that people are protesting taxes that were put into play by a republican president and mostly republican congress.

I suppose there are a few wackos out there that about stroke over every little thing but that is hardly the majority of obama and democrat controlled congresss supporters.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I agree with you. It's like watching soccer hooligans after their team loses a match going around smashing up everything they can get their hands on in frustration.
I forgot to include the "saviour" Rove in my last post.

America is moving forward but the greedy "fat cats" will do everything they can to retain their huge payouts at the expense of the everyday American.
Obama scares these Elitists to death. Any American with an ounce of common sense can see Obama is doing a great job so far. Maybe the Republican gutter press expected him to resolve their mess in 3 monhs?
Oh, don't you think thats a little heavy with the hyperbole? I don't recall any stories of rioting, drunkeness and/or physical fights.

People have the right and yes, even the duty to protest. It is what keeps America free. The day citizens are afraid to protest is the day we have lost our liberty.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:59 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
People have the right and yes, even the duty to protest. It is what keeps America free. The day citizens are afraid to protest is the day we have lost our liberty.
I agree, which makes those signs reading "tyranny" a bit silly.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:01 PM

438 posts, read 831,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
Who's upset? I'm not. I find it rather silly that people are protesting taxes that were put into play by a republican president and mostly republican congress.

I suppose there are a few wackos out there that about stroke over every little thing but that is hardly the majority of obama and democrat controlled congresss supporters.
Oh..please...And I can guess you are another one who did not attend but spout what the Media tells you so? If I write a review of a film that I did not see, I would be accused of being a hypocrite and liar...capiche?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies